Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LMoP Area Map Lighting

I'm moving my group to the new LMoP and I can't seem to get the lighting correct for the Area map; it's always a black box. I've tried turning on Dynamic lighting, turning on Daylight mode, turning off Dynamic Lighting. No matter what when I "rejoin as player" to see what it will look like the map is a black box. What is the correct setting if I want them just to be able to see the entire map? BTW, I do like that the names are now on the GM layer so that you can move them to the token level when the PCs visit that area. 
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
if you have dynamic lighting on, you'd need to have a token with vision that you (and the party) controls in order to see on the map.  If you just want everything visible, you can turn off dynamic lighting and no token is required. If that doesn't solve it, make sure you don't have Fog of War on.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
...and a light source if the token doesn't have darkvision :) 

Edited 1612293035
Nope. In the first picture in the original post, you can see that I do NOT have dynamic lighting turned on. Here, you can see that I do NOT have Fog of War. I still get a black box for a map when I "join as player",
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
And Updated Dynamic Lighting is also off?
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
When you rejoin as player, you aren't looking at that map anymore.  You are looking at the map where the player ribbon is, and it looks like the player ribbon is on some interior map page that likely has dynamic lighting enabled. 
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Oh, nice catch, Kraynic!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
If you don't want to drag the player ribbon to that page yet, you can split yourself off by dragging your name from the lower left corner to this map.
I'd strongly suggest using a  Dummy Account  to get a true player's view and use that for testing, instead of using 'rejoin as player'. Then it's an easy task of making sure the 'dummy player' is on whichever map you want to look at, at the same time as you are making changes, instead of having to jump back and forth.
Kraynic said: When you rejoin as player, you aren't looking at that map anymore.  You are looking at the map where the player ribbon is, and it looks like the player ribbon is on some interior map page that likely has dynamic lighting enabled.  What a noob move! So sorry. That's exactly what it is. I moved the ribbon and it worked perfectly.  Thanks!