Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Condition Definition Makro

Edited 1612362985
Hey guys here i am again :) I would like to figgure out a simple macro (in my thoughts^^) I try to create a "Dropdown -> Choose Condition -> See Definition in Chat" Macro &{template:default} {{name=Condition}} {{=?{Condition|Blinded, {{description=A blinded creature can’t see and automatically fails any ability check that requires sight. Attack Rolls against the creature have advantage, and the creature’s Attack Rolls have disadvantage.}} } Thats my first attempt the last 5 minutes - i think there should be an easy way to create what i wanna do. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance :)

Edited 1612364768
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
When you are dealing with queries you need to wary of commas, pipes and ending curly braces... luckily to save you that pain I have the exact thing you are wanting in my game already: &{template:desc} {{desc=?{Choose a Condition|Blinded, **Blinded** • A blinded creature can’t see and automatically fails any ability check that requires sight. • Attack rolls against the creature have advantage and the creature’s attack rolls have disadvantage.| Charmed, **Charmed** • A charmed creature can’t attack the charmer or target the charmer with harmful abilities or magical effects. • The charmer has advantage on any ability check to interact socially with the creature.| Deafened, **Deafened** • A deafened creature can’t hear and automatically fails any ability check that requires hearing.| Frightened, **Frightened** • A frightened creature has disadvantage on ability checks and attack rolls while the source of its fear is within line of sight. • The creature can’t willingly move closer to the source of its fear.| Grappled, **Grappled** • A grappled creature’s speed becomes 0 and it can’t benefit from any bonus to its speed. • The condition ends if the grappler is incapacitated (see the condition). • The condition also ends if an effect removes the grappled creature from the reach of the grappler or grappling effect| Incapacitated, **Incapacitated** • An incapacitated creature can’t take actions or reactions.| Invisible, **Invisible** • An invisible creature is impossible to see without the aid of magic or a special sense. For the purpose of hiding the creature is heavily obscured. The creature’s location can be detected by any noise it makes or any tracks it leaves. • Attack rolls against the creature have disadvantage and the creature’s attack rolls have advantage.| Paralyzed, **Paralyzed** • A paralyzed creature is incapacitated (see the condition) and can’t move or speak. • The creature automatically fails Strength and Dexterity saving throws. • Attack rolls against the creature have advantage. • Any attack that hits the creature is a critical hit if the attacker is within 5 feet of the creature.| Petrified, **Petrified** • A petrified creature is transformed - along with any nonmagical object it is wearing or carrying - into a solid inanimate substance (usually stone). Its weight increases by a factor of ten and it ceases aging. • The creature is incapacitated (see the condition) can’t move or speak - and is unaware of its surroundings. • Attack rolls against the creature have advantage. • The creature automatically fails Strength and Dexterity saving throws. • The creature has resistance to all damage. • The creature is immune to poison and disease - although a poison or disease already in its system is suspended—not neutralized.| Poisoned, **Poisoned** • A poisoned creature has disadvantage on attack rolls and ability checks.| Prone, **Prone** • A prone creature’s only movement option is to crawl (see Movement) unless it stands up and thereby ends the condition. • The creature has disadvantage on attack rolls. • An attack roll against the creature has advantage if the attacker is within 5 feet of the creature. Otherwise the attack roll has disadvantage. • Standing from prone costs half movement.| Restrained, **Restrained** • A restrained creature’s speed becomes 0 and it can’t benefit from any bonus to its speed. • Attack rolls against the creature have advantage and the creature’s attack rolls have disadvantage.  The creature has disadvantage on Dexterity saving throws.| Stunned, **Stunned** • A stunned creature is incapacitated (see the condition) can’t move - and can speak only falteringly. • The creature automatically fails Strength and Dexterity saving throws. • Attack rolls against the creature have advantage.| Unconscious, **Unconscious** • An unconscious creature is incapacitated (see the condition) can’t move or speak - and is unaware of its surroundings. • The creature drops whatever it’s holding and falls prone. • The creature automatically fails Strength and Dexterity saving throws. • Attack rolls against the creature have advantage. • Any attack that hits the creature is a critical hit if the attacker is within 5 feet of the creature.} }} If you aren't using the official Roll20 5e sheet you may need to change it a bit to use the default template or another one from the sheet you are using.

Edited 1612365664
Absolutly Stunning - You´re my hero for 2021!  Love it. Thank you very much!
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jeez, Ziechael... I would've expected the leading " **" and the final "." to be outside the Query :) You could almost reword it to get "e." on the end of every option, but might be undone by Deafened. I should do some work.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
(not my original creation... pretty sure I stole it from keithcurtis) Thanks for drawing attention to that... I can't NOT see it any more :(

Edited 1612815507
I´ve got another one from a German guy on the Dungeon´s and Dragons Discord. Would like to Share it with all of you. This one is sorted with Emojis and Collumns: ?{Conditions | Blinded, &{template:default} {{name=Condition **Blinded**}} {{👀=A blinded creature can’t see and automatically fails any ability check that requires sight.}} {{⚔️=Attack rolls against the creature have advantage and the creature’s attack rolls have disadvantage.}} | Charmed, &{template:default} {{name=Condition **Charmed**}} {{⚔️=A charmed creature can’t attack the charmer or target the charmer with harmful abilities or magical effects.}} {{⏫=The charmer has advantage on any ability check to interact socially with the creature.}} | Deafened, &{template:default} {{name=Condition **Deafened**}} {{⭕=A deafened creature can’t hear and automatically fails any ability check that requires hearing.}} | Frightened, &{template:default} {{name=Condition **Frightened**}} {{⏬=A frightened creature has disadvantage on ability checks and attack rolls while the source of its fear is within line of sight.}} {{👟=The creature can’t willingly move closer to the source of its fear.}} | Grappled, &{template:default} {{name=Condition **Grappled**}} {{👟=A grappled creature’s speed becomes 0 and it can’t benefit from any bonus to its speed.}} {{❌1=The condition ends if the grappler is incapacitated (see the condition).}} {{❌2=The condition also ends if an effect removes the grappled creature from the reach of the grappler or grappling effect.}} | Incapacitated, &{template:default} {{name=Condition **Incapacitated**}} {{🔒=An incapacitated creature can’t take actions or reactions.}} | Invisible, &{template:default} {{name=Condition **Invisible**}} {{👀=An invisible creature is impossible to see without the aid of magic or a special sense. For the purpose of hiding the creature is heavily obscured. The creature’s location can be detected by any noise it makes or any tracks it leaves.}} {{⚔️=Attack rolls against the creature have disadvantage and the creature’s attack rolls have advantage.}} | Paralyzed, &{template:default} {{name=Condition **Paralyzed**}} {{🔒=A paralyzed creature is incapacitated (can’t take actions or reactions) and can’t move or speak.}} {{⭕=The creature automatically fails Strength and Dexterity saving throws.}} {{⚔️1=Attack rolls against the creature have advantage.}} {{⚔️2=Any attack that hits the creature is a critical hit if the attacker is within 5 feet of the creature.}} | Petrified, &{template:default} {{name=Condition **Petrified**}} {{🌀=A petrified creature is transformed - along with any nonmagical object it is wearing or carrying - into a solid inanimate substance (usually stone). Its weight increases by a factor of ten and it ceases aging.}} {{🔒=The creature is incapacitated (see the condition) can’t move or speak - and is unaware of its surroundings.}} {{⚔️=Attack rolls against the creature have advantage.}} {{⭕=The creature automatically fails Strength and Dexterity saving throws.}} {{🔰1=The creature has resistance to all damage.}} {{🔰2=The creature is immune to poison and disease - although a poison or disease already in its system is suspended—not neutralized.}} | Poisoned, &{template:default} {{name=Condition **Poisoned**}} {{⏬=A poisoned creature has disadvantage on attack rolls and ability checks.}} | Prone, &{template:default} {{name=Condition **Prone**}} {{👟1=A prone creature’s only movement option is to crawl (see Movement) unless it stands up and thereby ends the condition.}} {{⚔️1=The creature has disadvantage on attack rolls.}} {{⚔️2=An attack roll against the creature has advantage if the attacker is within 5 feet of the creature. Otherwise the attack roll has disadvantage.}} {{👟2=Standing from prone costs half movement.}} | Restrained, &{template:default} {{name=Condition **Restrained**}} {{👟=A restrained creature’s speed becomes 0 and it can’t benefit from any bonus to its speed.}} {{⚔️=Attack rolls against the creature have advantage and the creature’s attack rolls have disadvantage.}&#125 {{⏬=The creature has disadvantage on Dexterity saving throws.}} | Stunned, &{template:default} {{name=Condition **Stunned**}} {{🔒=A stunned creature is incapacitated (see the condition) can’t move - and can speak only falteringly.}} {{⭕=The creature automatically fails Strength and Dexterity saving throws.}} {{⚔️=Attack rolls against the creature have advantage.}} | Unconscious, &{template:default} {{name=Condition **Unconscious**}} {{🔒=An unconscious creature is incapacitated (can’t take actions or reactions) can’t move or speak - and is unaware of its surroundings.}} {{👟=The creature drops whatever it’s holding and falls prone.}} {{⭕=The creature automatically fails Strength and Dexterity saving throws.}} {{⚔️1=Attack rolls against the creature have advantage.}} {{⚔️2=Any attack that hits the creature is a critical hit if the attacker is within 5 feet of the creature.}} | }