Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

token and macro button visibility

Heya, Is there any way that I can make things like tokens and macro buttons more visible on the map. Currently, I have a great deal of difficulty in seeing where a token or button is, when a similarly coloured part of the map is underneath it. For example. the standard token action button comes up as a light grey background, which is fine when a dark part of the map is underneath it, not so great when the map colour is similar. The tokens on the map also, sometimes get lost when they are on a part of the map with a sinilar background. Is there anything I can do to make these items 'pop' ? :) Cheers, David.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
AFAIK, there is no way to change the color of token actions without perhaps using a browser extension. As far as tokens, you could place an aura of radius 0 in a contrasting color, or assign a token marker to give a visual indicator.  Another option which would take some setup is to make rollable table tokens with two sides of contrasting color schemes. Easy enough to do for PCs, but not very practical for the large numbers of npc tokens.  All of these are pretty manual processes though without a Pro subscription and api scripts (e.g. Token-mod), with the caveat again for potential browser extensions. I don't use any, but I'm sure someone else could provide more info on their capabilities right out of the box.
I tried the aura  option, David. If anything, it makes the token even less 'noticeable'. :( I've been watching the "Taking 20" tutorials with Cody (unsure of his surname) and he has macro buttons of different colours. I have sent a message, but no answer yet :(

Edited 1612464743
Jordan C.
Pro
API Scripter
Edit: I'm pretty dumb and never knew about the feature Jarren mentions below. Echoing David here, it is very likely that Cody is using Stylus (or similar browser extension) which is actually fairly easy to implement. You can install easy enough and as an example here is part of a rule I use for my macro buttons div.macrobox button.btn { color: #d9d6d6 !important; border: none !important; background: #333 !important; } Where color and background can be changed to whatever you want! Here is the full rule I use if you're interested - div.macrobox button.btn {     padding: 5px 6px 5px 6px;     font-size: 1.5rem;     font-family: Helvetica, sans-serif;     line-height: 1.8rem;     margin: 1px 0 1px 0;     color: #d9d6d6 !important;     border: none !important;     background: #333 !important; } This is for macro buttons; for tokens I'm afraid I can't think of a solution for at the moment.
As for Macros, you can adjust their color directly in Roll20 simply by right-clicking on them - there's a color picker box that will show up.  For Token Actions, using a Stylus browser extension is definitely a good option. The  Show Off Your Style 2: The Stylening!  thread has a lot of good tricks, including making the Token Action Bar take up less room , and coloring the Token Actions . You can also move the Token Action bar to a different place if desired.  Here's what my shortened Toolbar; moved, resized, and colored Token Actions; Radial Menu with emojis; and thinner Macrobar look like:
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Where did you put the token marker menu in all that?

Edited 1612467973
#radial-menu .button.button-1 {         display: none !important; /* Remove Edit Token menu button */ } Haha - I didn't. I always open the token marker menu by double clicking the token, so I found the menu button extraneous. Unless you mean the status marker menu, which is the black and white button below the three radial bars. Currently that just opens up into the middle of the screen, but I'm planning on adjusting the radial menu again so that it is at the top of the screen horizontal with the status marker menu opening horizontally just below it. [For some reason I can't add a photo of what my Status Marker Menu looks like right now... I'm on a weak wifi so I think it's just timing out but I'll add a photo later if I remember]
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ah, yes, I had swapped the two in my head. Good call on hiding the token editing menu. I might consider removing mine as well. Although, sometimes the browser can be stubborn about opening on a double click...