Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Frustrating token doubleclick oversensitivity sicne update

Calistocrates
Marketplace Creator
Since the latest update I suspect, I've been having the issue where I click drag-and-drop a token on the map, and the system still reads it as a doubleclick. This gets me token settings windows unnecessarily popping open everywhere, even when I'm moving things on non-token layers. I have also checked my system mouse configuration, and set the doubleclick speed on my end to the fastest possible to make sure that has nothing to do with this. The only workaround is to hover a second or two before dropping the token, but this makes mapping work unbearably tedious and slow. This is absolutely infuriating, it needs to be fixed.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I haven't seen this reported elsewhere. Do you have different hardware you can test on?

Edited 1612653345
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've been getting this a lot more recently, though the mouse button has always been a bit iffy - I figured it was just the mouse getting worse. I'll see if I notice anything with other setups.
Tony R.
Pro
Sheet Author
I've been noticing this as well, but I just assumed it was my old mouse messing up. Its been frequently happening while dragging objects these last few days.
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
So either we're all going mad, or none of us are?
Gold
Forum Champion
I thought my trackpad was broken & started dreaming about a new laptop
oh wow ... not just me going mad then ? .... I even bought a new mouse because of it.
What O/S and browsers are you on? Are you using the double-tap (not click) option in windows 10 to do the drag-and-drop?
Calistocrates
Marketplace Creator
Unfortunately I don't at the moment have a second set of hardware to test on keithcurtis. Running Win10 with Chrome, Farling. Single click and drag. With more observation, I've come to suspect it is some kind of lag issue, where the system feels generally sticky, and fails to register the time between click-drag-drop. The R20 interface always had this issue of building up lag and stickyness over prolonged use, but that's definitely gotten worse of late, with no change on my hardware. My internet also tests to run at decent 10Mb spec, so that can't be it. Pretty pretty sure it is a server side issue.