Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Background visual on map layer is always selected when working on map layer

There must be some way to make the background image on the map layer un-selectable.  Several searches of this forum have people suggesting you move the image to the GM layer, do your work, then move it back.  Surely, this is not the best way to do this?
Pat
Pro
API Scripter
Sadly, there is no way to lock assets outside of using scripts. What I do is leave large background elements in the map layer and manipulate smaller elements on the token layer until I have them where I want them, *move them to the front* using the right-click menu, *then* put them to the map layer. Until we get true right-click asset locking, scripts or workarounds are the only options.