Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How to tell if a target is in low light (new dynamic lighting)

I've been testing out the new dynamic lighting system and switching my game over from the old system. However I've run into a gameplay problem: It's really difficult to figure out where normal light ends and low light begins at a glance. You can sorta tell that the second cultist there is in low light, but the gradient between low light and normal light is too soft. Combat is already a lot of number crunching for a GM, is there something I'm missing that will make it easier to tell at a glance?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I don't know that there is a good answer for this right now. There's a brightness slider for the dim area on the Dev server right now. Once that's in production, you'll be able to make the transition more apparent.  
The Aaron said: I don't know that there is a good answer for this right now. There's a brightness slider for the dim area on the Dev server right now. Once that's in production, you'll be able to make the transition more apparent.   Thanks for the heads up. I think I'll wait a bit longer before transitioning over to the new light system. I also noticed some weird bugs with the light multiplier