Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Question regarding ability to download purchased token so that it is not a "marketplace token"

Roll20, I just purchased the token set "Animated Rainy Weather with Bonus Tokens", by Wild Magic Surge, for use in my game.  After purchasing it, I realized that I was only allowed to find the tokens purchased with a new or existing game. I was not allowed to download the tokens. This creates a problem for me since the intention was to be able to use !summon on a journal containing the token and without first uploading the token from my desktop, an error is created since marketplace items cannot be summoned.  Is there a work around for this type of issue? Regards, Barry S  
B Simon Smith
Marketplace Creator
The ability to download Marketplace items is set by the creator/artist when they make the set. If you can't download it, then there's no legit way to do so. Otherwise there should be a button to download the asset.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Leaving aside the issue of downloading the graphics, the API doesn't have access to the play and pause actions for an animated token, so it's unlikely that a summoned token would be particularly satisfactory in this case as you'd still have to click play on it when it appeared. 
I think they want to download the bonus tokens. Are the bonus tokens animated?
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
If you just want to grab a non-animated image, drop it on your map, select it and press "Z", right click the zoomed image and save it to disk. Then you can import into your art library as normal.