Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D for Beginners - FREE Service

Edited 1614464063
D&D For Beginners **So I figured I'd make this an official post - just in case anyone was interested** This is a place for beginners to learn the ropes of both D&D5e and Roll20. Beginners can come here to learn how to roll characters, learn basic functionality of Roll20 and have any potential questions answered for you. I am a DM and player with over 40+ years experience in RPGs and 10+ years teaching experience in elementary school. I am happy to help you learn and prepare to enjoy your first experience with D&D5e. Anyone who is interested, please send me a PM (click on my name above) and I will get back to you ASAP to work out a time and date for your session. This service is FREE OF CHARGE and was created just because I enjoy D&D and would love to help you to learn, play and enjoy it as well. Rob :)
I am not in need of your services, I just wanted to post this here for you to see. This is really amazing of you to do. I know a lot of people are having a rough go of it getting into D&D when you are learning on Roll20. I just honestly wanted to say thank you for making our world more welcoming to newcomers. Best Nikklas
Thank you very much… It’s my pleasure… :-) Anything I can do to get back a little :-)
I tried to send this as a private message however I am not authorized I guess so I hope it is okay to post it here. My sister and I would very much like to learn how to play D&D 5e. My sister has a bit of experience from when she was in college over 20 years ago with White Wolf and Cyberpunk but not with D&D. We only have one mic, but we do each have a Roll20 account and a Discord account if this helps and we can speak into the same mic. We are Mountain time in the US and are available most evenings (until 10 pm MST) or weekends which are more flexible. Thank you for your time.
Hey, there. Thank you for this thread. I'm not new to TTRPG but I am new to D&D 5e and Roll20. I have applied to join a couple of campaigns, but I'm unsure of how the GM would reach out to me if I am approved, or how to bookmark the game through the site so that I can easily check back on the thread. I just bookmarked it in Chrome but it seemed like there might be something I was missing. If its more convenient I can be reached through discord at Mythchaser#2042. 
Best way to keep tabs on things will be to “follow the thread”… Then you can go back to the forums and check what threads you are following. They will remain on that list until you remove them. If it was contact through a private message, you can just keep that message active until you decide to delete or archive it. if you have any other questions or need any other information feel free to send me a private message and I will do my best to answer it for you :-)
Hi Rob, Similar to Kaoelia tried to send a pm but got not authorized to post a response.  Firstly, thank you for taking the time to help teach people about not only dnd, and roll20, but also for being a teacher as a profession.  Now to the meat of the post. If possible I would like to set up a time with you to learn more about dnd, and roll20. With everything, we all have been going through in the past year or so I find myself wanting to try out ttrpgs again. I did play a little back in the mid-'90s (Vampire the Masquerade) and have a pretty strong history with digital RPGs and game design.  Thank you in advance, Matt

Edited 1614523910
I appreciate the compliments - thank you :) I would prefer if no one posted any messages here for games or ads of any sort.  Just for requests for help. I just wanted to have a space for people to come and learn D&D and Roll20 without any kind of pressure.  You are more than welcome to create your own post in the LFG group.  Thanks again :)
Giving myself a BUMP. :)
Hey Rob N. A couple of people I met online. We were able to have a common interest and that interest would be to dabble in DnD. We have no prior experience. We do have one who ventured into it, but never fully got off the ground. I would like to see if you would interested and maybe we can have a conversation. I myself never played DnD, but I have played many tabletop games in my life. Its funny DnD was one I was not able to experience and I grew up making my own MTG card with illustration and effects. Those were the good times. I hope to hear from you soon! Thank you!
I am SUPER interested!

Edited 1615851670
Anyone who is interested, feel free to send me a private message.  I have contacted all those who have responded or contacted me thus far via PM :)
I am new to TTRPG and would love to learn the mechanics in a new player friendly environment
Reubix, I'd be happy to set something up with you. I tried to send you a PM but it wouldn't let me. Send me a PM and we can discuss details. Looking forward to helping you out how I can :) Rob :)
Anyone who is interested, feel free to send me a private message.  I have contacted all those who have responded or contacted me thus far via PM :)
What happened to all those newbies out there who needed help? :) I am currently VERY available.  PM me if interewted.
BUMP!
Hi Rob. Very interested, have tried to pm you but the fields aren't working properly. If you could get back to me that would be great. I'm on GMT but available at most times. Thanks Kitty
You're still doing this service?

Edited 1621203560
I am :). Are you interested? Let me know what days/times of the week you have available and I will coordinate with mine and we could set something up.  I am in the eastern standard time (EST) time zone. I will send private messages to both of you
The family gets bigger and bigger every day.... :) Anyone interested please reply or send me a PM. Come join the Beginners group family - learn D&D5e and Roll20 :) Hope to see u soon!
Hey there Rob.  I wouldn't mind being taught. I really want to jump right into a game, but maybe this is smarter. Let me know what you think. =]
PMed you about a teaching server my friends and I run. Might be of interest :D
Anyone interested please reply or send me a PM. Come join the Beginners group family - learn D&D5e and Roll20 :) Hope to see u soon!