Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Roles we can assign Players to like Discord

Apologies if this has already been suggested elsewhere: I'd like the ability to create Roles and assign Roles to Players, similar to how Discord individual Users can be grouped into Roles. That way, say if I have a Journal handout asset that I only want one subset of Players to see, then I don't have to go thru and individually pick and choose them all.
I will say a somewhat odd work around this is creating characters, for example "Elven Language Requirement", no stats or anything, then you can give all the players who have say, elven language, control of that character. Doesn't work for handouts still, but you can do pastes of pictures / prepped text in whisper to that character, that will then pop up for all the people with control of that character. This works well in place of handouts that are just a bit of text or a picture or something that won't need to be referenced later, such as some elvish writing above a doorway. I do agree the ability to assign stuff to a character or create roles would be great though!
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .