Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][D&D5e][Thurs 5PM UK] Come join the cursed, hunted, divine and mysterious party.

Edited 1614240556
Thank you for the responses. We have found a player. Hello Ladies and Gents We are a group of 5 friendly adventurers making our way through a campaign of curses, demons, strange nobles, plane shifts and much more to come. I am 27 years old and have been dming for the first time with this lovely group since October. I am partially sighted so appreciate people who have some patience and understanding (can take a little longer to read abilities/notes etc). A player has just got a new job in far away lands and unfortunately will have to leave us (sad news). The good news is that we are looking for a fresh member to add to the fun! We play every Thursday at 5pm UK Time. Level 4 Anything from PHB/XGTE/TCE allowed. We are 18 sessions in. I will be happy to work with you to come up with a way to get you naturally integrated into the group and adventure. You will also have chance to have a chat with the current players to get a feel for the group. We enjoy a serious style of roleplay where players are invested in their characters and get involved with their own and others players backsrories - interacting and becoming a team. I am fairly new to DMing so would like players that excuse the odd "error" here and there. I aim to create an intriguing plot along side the players (your backstories will come into play). Your actions and choices will have consequences (as the party are about to find out :P...maybe). Want players who: ▪︎Are respectful to all. ▪︎Want to work as a team. ▪︎Love serious roleplaying with each other aswell as NPCs. ▪︎Don't get upset if things don't go their way. ▪︎20 y/o + No drama players, no edgy/evil PCs, no PvP, no metagaming. Please include the below information. Feel free to add anything else you feel is relevant or would like me to know. If you are interested drop me a PM/post. Please include the below information in your message. Feel free to add anything else you feel is relevant. 1) Name 2) Age 3) Gender 4) Time zone 5) A little about yourself 6) How long you have been playing D&amp;D 7) What do you like most about a D&amp;D campaign 8) What do you least like in a D&amp;D campaign 9) Describe your playstyle and roleplay style 10) Briefly describe a typical PC you like to play 11) Can you make Thursdays 5pm UK TIME? Suraj Please see also the original post. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9228656/d-and-d5e-thur-new-dm-looking-for-serious-roleplayers-for-weekly-homebrew-game/?pageforid=9228656#post-9228656" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9228656/d-and-d5e-thur-new-dm-looking-for-serious-roleplayers-for-weekly-homebrew-game/?pageforid=9228656#post-9228656</a>
1) Name: Gonzalo but most people call me Cucumber 2) Age: 23, soon to be 24 3) Gender: Male 4) Time zone: GMT+1 5) A little about yourself: I'm currently finishing up my electrical engineering degree. I like to think I'm an agreeable person with a generally calm demeanor but that is up to you to decide. I have recently been described as very patient so I am putting this here. 6) How long you have been playing D&amp;D: I've been playing for about 3 years with some DM experience. 7) What do you like most about a D&amp;D campaign: Interacting with the other players/NPCs. I don't have a favorite part of campaigns as they are all different in their own way. 8) What do you least like in a D&amp;D campaign: Having fights that take 6 hours. Not fun, I know from experience. 9) Describe your playstyle and roleplay style: Relaxed? I don't really know how to describe it since I normally don't have to deal with myself. After asking, a friend of mine has described my playstyle as ''I would say that you're very laid back and roll with the punches kind of player who takes whats presented to them in stride and acts accordingly''. 10) Briefly describe a typical PC you like to play: Again, difficult since I never play the same character twice. Too many archetypes to play as for me to just focus on one. I guess my general go-to is your average, honorable fighter/paladin seeking redemption for X event that he regrets. 11) Can you make Thursdays 5pm UK TIME?: Yes, I can. If sessions last 3 to 4 hours, I would even consider it perfect.

Edited 1614045752
1) Joe&nbsp; 2) 27 3) Male 4) GMT&nbsp; 5) Role-play enthusiast put a lot of work into my characters to try and make them feel like a real person in the world we are playing in &nbsp;I've played 5 campaigns thus far very excited to continue the learning experience and delve into new worlds with brand new people. I'm an IT engineer by day and a gamer / artist by night&nbsp; 6) about a year on and off 7) To create, imagine and explore.&nbsp; possibilities are endless :) 8) Stagnancy: as with being around unfamiliar people sometimes people get shy and the game comes to a halt,&nbsp; The small things in D&amp;D that slow the game down from time to time are fine they are needed to make the experience real but in the thick of it I like people to have a feel for what to do next. 9) I build my character as the campaign goes on: as they encounter certain events I think about what would they do and then as more events happen the sheet gets built upon evolving and changing as the campaign unfolds. I like to give them a rich history to give myself a good sense of their play-style prior but as with life the unexpected can sometimes be the perfect choice. Mostly I'll go for a good/neutral character as it's something i'm familiar with role-playing&nbsp; 10) Melee, defender of his comrades if he has to take a spear to the chest to keep the back-line healthy well sometimes it's got to be done they have mine&nbsp; 11) 5PM GMT is perfect for me I finish work before and was looking for 5 or 6 start!
1) Name- Lewis&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 2) Age- 23 3) Gender- Male, He/Him 4) Time zone- GMT+0 5) A little about yourself- I'm currently a uni student, my main interests are D&amp;D, playing games (mostly RPGs, MMOs and a MOBA or two with friends). When I'm not playing games I'm either walking my dogs or watching T.V. 6) How long you have been playing D&amp;D- I've been playing D&amp;D for just over 2 years now. 7) What do you like most about a D&amp;D campaign- I love being able to explore and get into the story with others and I enjoy interacting with each other and the world around us. 8) What do you least like in a D&amp;D campaign- What I like the least in a D&amp;D campaign is probably playing with murder hobos or full time meta gamers. 9) Describe your playstyle and roleplay style- As a player I like to consider options and different ways of tackling a situation as opposed to rushing in head on all the time. I will say roleplaying is something I'm still working on and trying to improve but I will try to get involved. 10) Briefly describe a typical PC you like to play- Normally I end up playing a lawful character or good natured at the very least which I do like to play as a balance to normally heavily chaotic parties I end up playing with. Although recently I have been looking to play a more chaotic character. 11) Can you make Thursdays 5pm UK TIME?- Definitely as I live in the UK and don't have any commitments on Thursdays.&nbsp;
Name: Alexander Age:&nbsp; 25 Gender: Male, He/Him Timezone: GMT About myself: I am an experienced manual UAT tester who has just finished upskilling in automation testing, I enjoy reading, playing tabletop RPGs and wargaming. How long have you been playing: I have been playing on and off since 6th form with 3.5 and pathfinder, starting 5e in university but having to pause for two and a half years after starting work, getting back into it last November/December. Like most about a campaign: I would say the ability to marry my roleplay and downtime activities to have an impact on combat and the campaign in general. Like least about a campaign: Fights dragging on unnecessarily long due to people never learning the rules or not paying attention. Playstyle: When playing a character I like to build them to have at least a little magical ability, whilst enjoying playing the magical blaster recently i have been enjoying playing more of a support character roll as well. Roleplay style: As with all things I am still improving but I go for the back and forth between players and npcs on viewpoints, making deals and haggling whilst gaining connections. Typical character: depending on the campaign i honestly like to play lawful or neutral evil characters who aren't immediately strong and use words and kindness to bring about their dark schemes. If an evil character doesn't work i generally play some flavour of neutral good or lawful character whose main goal is to create a magical item or bring prosperity to some place. Making 5PM Thursday GMT: whilst I do have work I can currently make 5 PM GMT rather easily, but in the future I will message beforehand if for some reason I am delayed.

Edited 1614111330
Hello Suraj &amp; Friends! 1) Name:&nbsp; &nbsp; Keira 2) Age:&nbsp; &nbsp; 46 3) Gender:&nbsp; &nbsp; female/she/her 4) Time zone:&nbsp; &nbsp;CST - Game is at 11am, which is perfect for me. 5) A little about yourself:&nbsp; Long time nerd and gamer. I like videogames, board games, reading fantasy and sci-fi, collecting rocks, and writing, among other things. I'm married with a cat. My career is refurbishing used "treasures" form jewelry to furniture and reselling them. I'm&nbsp;looking for adventure and community and prefer a playing group who consider themselves friends, communicate frequently between sessions, and support each other.&nbsp; 6) How long you have been playing D&amp;D:&nbsp; &nbsp; Nearly 30 years, on and off. I've played all the editions but am not a rules lawyer and have never GMed. I don't like to argue about rules in the middle of the game. 7) What do you like most about a D&amp;D campaign:&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Collaborative worldbuilding and exploration, characters with interesting and rich backstories to learn, a plot that weaves together the backstories to keep everyone anchored in the world and connected to each other, mature roleplaying. 8) What do you least like in a D&amp;D campaign:&nbsp; &nbsp; Avoidable player conflict. I want everyone to have fun and feel like they're playing with people who support them and their character's journey. If another player does something questionable, I want other players to be willing to discuss the problem in a mature way. Also not a fan of campaigns/parties that are too silly or too soap opera dramatic. It's hard to describe where the line is, but at a certain point it's less a "serious" game and more of a romp. 9) Describe your playstyle and roleplay style:&nbsp; &nbsp;Engaged, communicative, and generally low drama. I'm more serious versus slapstick in terms of the characters I enjoy getting into and don't like playing "funny/joke" characters for long-term campaigns. As I mentioned above, I'm not a rules lawyer, nor am I interested in breaking the game through devious character builds, exploiting loopholes, or other shenanigans. I'm also a big proponent of the GM having fun, too, so I reject the notion of "players against GM" or wanting to "Screw over the GM". I love using text RP in between sessions when available. 10) Briefly describe a typical PC you like to play:&nbsp; &nbsp;I enjoy complex characters who can get along with other party members, even if they don't always agree with them. I generally write a lot of backstory for the GM to work with and incorporate into the game. I do tend towards caster or GISH builds. I've been trying to branch out a bit, but I think I'll always love spellswords the best. I don't like playing evil characters, myself, but I enthusiastically support anyone who can pull them off well and make them relatable. 11) Can you make Thursdays 5pm UK TIME?:&nbsp; &nbsp;Absolutely! It's a great timeslot for me. I'm very good about showing up on time and ready to have fun with my friends. I'd love to hear from you. My Discord is:&nbsp; TeaMistress#5893
1) Vano 2) 20 years old 3) Male 4) GMT+1 5) Im from georgia but I currently live in spain and I'm addicted to storytelling and good stories in general! so when I discovered dnd even if I was comming a little bit late to the party I loved it instantly, and the chances for me to remain a virgin have gone up dramatically ever since! I have allways been a fan of rpg videogames in fantasy saetting but have allways considered videogames to be very restrictive, and dnd is like the better version of that! its like sacrificing graphics for more controll over what your character does. 6) I think it has been almost 3/4 of a year! I started mid corona not exacly sure when! but I already know most of the rules and have played in various oneshots and campaigns that I am still a part of. 7) I like having fun with random people on the internet! meeting new faces and comming up with a story together is really entretaining!&nbsp; 8) I don't like it when I feel constrained as much as I would be in a videogame where my choices are reduced to 2, good or bad! 9) I allways overthing about the decisions I am making unless I am playing a specific character that would not do that! and I like to play characters that rely on their wits more than their sword or spells. 10) ambitious, morally grey characters that have a specific goal to achieve which guides most of their big decisions, usually they have big flaws and are considered misfits. 11) Can you make Thursdays 5pm UK TIME? Yes&nbsp;
Hiya, if there's still space I'd like to submit an application! 1) MJ or Maxwell 2) 23 3) genderfluid 4) GMT 5) I'm an environmental sciences student who loves DND as escapism, moved from Australia to the UK 4 years ago. I love musical theatre and wanted to go to drama school before deciding to go into STEM. 6) I have been playing DND for almost 2 years now. Originally in a homebrew campaign with some friends. More recently I have been playing and DMing one shots and have just started DMing a dragon heist campaign which I run every second or third Saturday. 7) in a DND campaign I love the roleplay most of all, as I used to be into acting, roleplay is now my go to for fixing that need to be someone else for a while. 8) uninteresting combat. In most other situations there's a way to make the game fun even if not much is going on and don't get me wrong I absolutely love combat. But combat without a secondary objective to just defeating the people in front of me or something to make it spicy turns me off the game. 9) I enjoy playing various different types of characters but mostly I tend to be party support as I which usually pulls me into a bard/cleric role but I also really enjoy martial characters who go in and tank damage. Roleplay wise I would say similarly that I tend to take a position that is not the forefront, I usually take the direction of roleplay that other characters are going in and run with it unless there doesn't seem to be much direction in which case I'll jump in with an idea and see what people think. 10) I tend to play a PC who is queer and anti-fascist though they might not start out that way and I always love my PC to be invested in the political machinations of the world. I really enjoy playing a PC that becomes the emotional centre for the party to open up about things even if it's not my backstory that is being explored. 11) absolutely can do Thursdays at 5pm

Edited 1623833357
1) Name: &nbsp;Tilo 2) Age: 38 3) Gender: Male 4) Time zone: Germany, GMT+1 5) A little about yourself: I am a long time roleplayer, started in my early teens and have not stopped playing and game mastering since then.&nbsp;I am basically into everything thats great for escapism, movies, books, shows, music, video games. I pride myself on being drama-free and easy to get along with. Also reliable, I havent missed any game session in several years. If you want to know more you can check my profile&nbsp;here on Roll20 or come and talk to me on Discord . 6) How long you have been playing D&amp;D: &nbsp;I started with AD&amp;D, skipped 3rd and 4th and started again with 5th Edition. 7) What do you like most about a D&amp;D campaign: &nbsp;D&amp;D specific I just enjoy the ease of immersion that comes with a fantasy setting. Not specific to D&amp;D: generally I like about roleplaying when you have a bunch of player characters that can have a talk and appear like real people, not overblown caricatures. Being in character just acting, having some party banter or discuss a problem, that is fun. Also important for&nbsp;me is longevity, I love to spend years playing the same character, with the same group. Going level 1 to 20 is part of the enjoyment, I played a Cleric and a Paladin to 20 and loved it. 8) What do you least like in a D&amp;D campaign: D&amp;D specific I dislike too much focus on combat and the tabletop wargame aspect. I am not playing D&amp;D for that. &nbsp; Not D&amp;D specific: I really dislike disruptive people. Be it because they have a disruptive&nbsp;playstyle or are impatient or outright noisy.&nbsp; Especially when playing online with a voice chat, people who dont know how to keep background noise down are a great way to kill roleplaying. 9) Describe your playstyle and roleplay style: I would describe my playstyle as laid back and cooperative, I dont mind letting someone else have the spotlight but I am also not shy about being in the spotlight myself. I am neither a shy/quiet nor a loud/oppressive player but somewhere in the middle. My roleplay style is definitively focused on portraying a believeable person, I don't let my characters do stuff just for show and drama but because it is something a real person interested in their own well being would do. 10) Briefly describe a typical PC you like to play: I enjoy playing characters that are useful in more way than one, especially useful outside of combat. But I do enjoy being effective in combat as well.&nbsp;So I usually end up playing damage oriented supporters. My alltime favorite are Clerics for their incredible versatility and easy roleplay hooks. A close second are Rogues, Expertise gives them great flavour, they can be real experts in pretty much anything, allowing for all kinds of character concepts. 11) Can you make Thursdays 5pm UK TIME? For sure. I work from home and roleplaying is my prefered form of entertainment, so I always try my best to be present for a session I found a spot in another group and I am no longer available. Good luck with your campaign! :)