Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

LFG - New to the hobby, looking to play really anything

1404648215

Edited 1404648616
I played a little bit of Dungeon World and right now I'm looking for any group of really any particular game (as long as it's not something like RP based around some specific anime or something that I know nothing about) given that you'll help me guide through it. Any time after 8PM Eastern Time is fine as long as it's not on Mondays, Thursdays, or Fridays. I have a lot of time on my hand other words and would be available weekly. I lack a microphone or a webcam, but I am a quick enough typist to jot down whatever I'm thinking in quick succession and grammatical accuracy. Text RP is more my thing. Also no creepy sex stuff please. I am kind of interested in maybe playing Shadowrun or any modern fantasy-esque games, but again I'm down for really anything. Thanks a bunch!
Hey, I'm pretty much in the same boat as you! I've mostly played old-school fantasy (D&D, Warhammer FRP...) but also more modern games (Call of Cthulhu, Fallout...) and I'm interested in playing anything really! I usually end up GMing purely because I don't have many friends who like to be the GM. I'm happy to either be the GM or a player (would probably prefer a player since I'm so rarely one!). I do have a microphone but not a webcam, and I generally prefer text RP too so no problems there. I've got copies of quite a few different RPG rulesets and would be willing to use any of them (or any other I can get :D). By the way, my name's Chris, I'm British but living in Argentina (-3 GMT) so that time is fine for me. Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays are the best days for me but I'm willing to negotiate :) Cheers!
Chris A. said: Hey, I'm pretty much in the same boat as you! I've mostly played old-school fantasy (D&D, Warhammer FRP...) but also more modern games (Call of Cthulhu, Fallout...) and I'm interested in playing anything really! I usually end up GMing purely because I don't have many friends who like to be the GM. I'm happy to either be the GM or a player (would probably prefer a player since I'm so rarely one!). I do have a microphone but not a webcam, and I generally prefer text RP too so no problems there. I've got copies of quite a few different RPG rulesets and would be willing to use any of them (or any other I can get :D). By the way, my name's Chris, I'm British but living in Argentina (-3 GMT) so that time is fine for me. Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays are the best days for me but I'm willing to negotiate :) Cheers! Great! Maybe if you could send me (or post in this thread actually) the list of the names of the games you know well enough and we can go over them and perhaps start a campaign and collect invites. Since you have GMing experience, I think you can decide whether or not you will do it yourself or find someone else who can if you'd like. Thanks a whole lot!
I'd be interested in partaking of this little shindig, especially if its Shadowrun (although I'll have to brush up on my rules) or any modern fantasy-esque games. I'm CMT, and pretty much available most nights after 8pm. Let me know.
Scotty said: I'd be interested in partaking of this little shindig, especially if its Shadowrun (although I'll have to brush up on my rules) or any modern fantasy-esque games. I'm CMT, and pretty much available most nights after 8pm. Let me know. I think when Chris responds, I'll try and see if we can round us up a Shadowrun game then. It says on his page that he has some experience with it.
Sounds good!