Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Removing lock and plus from repeating sections

Marco M.
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I know it's a weird question, but is it possible to remove the lock and the + from a repeating section? In practice I want a repeating section that could only be accessed by a sheet worker but not by a user
I'm pretty sure you could hide and/or disable those controls. See here: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/CSS_Wizardry#Styling_Repeating_Sections" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/CSS_Wizardry#Styling_Repeating_Sections</a> and you can see the classnames for the buttons.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
By the lock and + do you mean the +Add and Modify buttons? If so, yes, it is possible to hide those. It's risky though, because the user has no way to fix any errors that might occur.&nbsp; In the character sheet, when rendered, every repeating section has a div like this beneath it: &lt;div class="repcontrol" data-groupname="repeating_SECTIONNAME"&gt; This contains the add/Modify buttons. You can hide it with css, like div.repcontrol { &nbsp; &nbsp; display:none; } This will hide it for all repeating sections, which is probably not advisable. To hide for specific sections, target the data-groupname (which is the repeating section name) , like so div[data-groupname=repeating_SECTIONNAME].repcontrol&nbsp;{ &nbsp; &nbsp; display:none; }
Marco M.
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Oh god thanks. Yes :)
Marco M.
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
This was the reason why I was looking for it: I had a button that automatically increases the failed skilled, however all the information are only recorded in the console terminal (cause as far as I know an action button cannot print on screen). So what I did (since creating new div is still not possible using DOM and ID), was using a repeating section that's recreated every time you press update.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
While an action button cant print to chat, it can print to a character sheet attribute. I'm not clear on what is happening in your screenshot? What do you mean by "using a repeating section that's recreated every time you press update"?
Marco M.
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
basically that box that appears when you press the "?" is a div with a repeating section inside. when the button is pressed, all the checked box are updated to the new value (+1D4) automatically.&nbsp; Now the old and the new value are recorded until you press the button again (if you or the GM wants to know what has been updated). Before it was just... check the console when you press it or trust the sheet
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That makes sense. I handle wounds and healing in a similar way (where you have to to track individual wounds and heal them individually), in one of my sheets.