Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How to summon a tech assistance?!?!???

I've tried forum, ticket, facebook, reddit... 4 days and no answer from any of my tries... am I missing some Somatic or Verbal component?!?!??  art credit
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Submitting a ticket is the way to go, ask stated in basically every spot. The real reply might not be immediate, but you should have gotten an email confirmation about your ticket submission. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/9825424/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/9825424/</a> your previous post: dAlbergaria said: One of my games (RPG Raiz S03) wont show any of the Journal entries. I try create character, handout or folder, nothing happens. But if I edit a token, it will show all the characters I created before.&nbsp; Help! Thanks in advance Apart from submitting the console log, what other steps did you take form the troubleshooting guides? (disable plugin/report OS/browser etc.) This does sound like quite the odd problem, haven't heard about anything like this before.
I did all the troubleshooting recommendations! Its a server side issue for sure. The players wont see the journal as well... If I create a new game, journal works fine. If I duplicate the broken one, the issue persistis! I did open a ticket a few hours after my first forum post. And all I got was the confirmation. :(&nbsp; It kind of makes me feel like it went into the limbo of complains...&nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Just to be clear, it is my understanding the ticket goes to the XP team, which handles simple problems or passes tougher ones on to the dev team. If the dev team is having difficulties with the issue, it may take time to get info back to XP. It does sound from your description like that game is horked in some fashion. If you work from a duplicate , and delete all the journal entries, does the problem persist? You might be able to pin down a bad journal by deleting in batches. (Tip: delete by folders full of journals; its faster.)
keithcurtis said: Just to be clear, it is my understanding the ticket goes to the XP team, which handles simple problems or passes tougher ones on to the dev team. If the dev team is having difficulties with the issue, it may take time to get info back to XP. It does sound from your description like that game is horked in some fashion. Based on the information I have, I don't even know if my ticket is waiting in a line or being addressed... :( If you work from a duplicate , and delete all the journal entries, does the problem persist? You might be able to pin down a bad journal by deleting in batches. (Tip: delete by folders full of journals; its faster.) How can I delete the journal if its not showing?! I could delete one at a time until finding out&nbsp; which is the problematic one. Sounds like a solution!!&nbsp; Thank you!!!&nbsp; &nbsp;
Just got an email (5 days latter) saying that they are send the issue to the&nbsp;development team team :( I should have cast Mirror Image on Costumer Service, not Summon Tech People! My bad :D Really disappointed
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
dAlbergaria said: How can I delete the journal if its not showing?! I could delete one at a time until finding out&nbsp; which is the problematic one. Sounds like a solution!!&nbsp; &nbsp; I misunderstood what you said happens to a duplicated game. It sounds like your issue is being sent to someone who can help, though. It would be nice if it were speedier, sure.
keithcurtis said: I misunderstood what you said happens to a duplicated game.&nbsp; I kind of imagined :( I'm really Ok with services taking some time. But 5 days to start the processes just sound wrong for me :( But I'm hopping everything runs smooth from now on so I don't need support :D&nbsp;&nbsp; Thank you for comforting me! It helps a lot!
Gold
Forum Champion
Drespar from the Roll20 Dev Team recently posted in another thread (might be able to find the link?), he said the team that responded to forum posts was hit hard by COVID. He said that users should be directed to use Help Center, the ticket system. The Bugs &amp; Technical Issues forum is riddled with many unanswered inquiries now, from the last 2-3 months.

Edited 1614277793
Gold said: He said that users should be directed to use Help Center, the ticket system. I didn't see the post but few hours after posting here I noticed how many unanswered entries and open immediately opened a ticket!! Thank you anyhow. Now it seems to be getting solved!&nbsp;&nbsp;
Issue fixed!!!&nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Good to hear.