Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

How to Tag Campaigns?

How does one select the correct and proper tags for their campaign?  What does each possible tag mean?  How does a GM use campaign tags for best effect?  What are players supposed to do with all this tagging?
Gauss
Forum Champion
Go to your Campaign Search page:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/search" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/search</a> Below the name of the campaign is 'Edit Tag'. Click on that and add a tag. Click 'Im Done!' Near the top is a search bar to input a tag name. This allows you to find a campaign in all of your various campaigns (assuming you have many).&nbsp; Using this tag is primarily geared for your own use to search for this campaign amongst many if you have many.&nbsp; - Gauss
So how high is the record for juggling the most campaigns on roll20.net at the same time?
Gauss
Forum Champion
There is no record that I am aware of. Personally, I am either GMing or playing in 3games a week (2 Roll20 and 1 F2F). I also play Star Fleet Battles and munchkin games on Roll20 (and F2F) as pickup games (not regularly scheduled).&nbsp; - Gauss
They really should apply tags to the search for other people's campaigns. I assumed that was the point. So that if someone is in the mood for say 'ScienceFiction' but has no specific idea what they want to play, they can easily find your campaign.
As a GM, which editable text boxes are searchable by players using the looking for group function?
Is this option only available to the GM, as I don't see any Edit Tag button as a player.
Yes, it's GM only. And as a player I don't think I ever see any other campaign's GM tags
Pierre S.
Pro
Translator
Tags can only be one word. &nbsp;So I found it impossible to put down "Science Fiction" as a single tag. &nbsp;Should this perhaps be fixed? &nbsp;I don't know if people will type "science-fiction" or "sciencefiction" or "ScienceFiction" to find my campaign.
I do not think that tags allow players to find your campaigns.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
scifi or scyfy as the channel is trying to promote.