Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Alt + Arrow Token Movement Roll20 Hokeys Conflicting With Default Chrome Browser Hotkeys

I searched the fora and couldn't find anything that seemed similar to this problem. I like to place map assets on the map layer and move them pixel-by-pixel to get them in just the right spot. The hotkey for this on Roll20 to nudge a token to the left, for instance, is Alt + Left Arrow. I have happily used this for months now. However, in the last week, it seems something has changed. Perhaps something with my web browser, Chrome? Suddenly, when tapping (or holding) Alt + Left Arrow, it seems that the input is being sent not to Roll20, but instead to Chrome itself. And Chrome has a default (and maddeningly unconfigurable) hotkey set that uses Alt + Left Arrow for "Back a page" in the browser. Well, you see where this is going. I can nudge tokens up, down, and to the right with no trouble. But, when I nudge them to the left, suddenly my browser loads the previous page. I have to then page forward, wait for the reload, and navigate back to the map detail I was working with. It's quite frustrating. But, I've used Chrome for months with Roll20, and it's always had that hotkey binding. This isn't new to either the browser or the website. It must have been a solved problem when I first began using Roll20. Maybe a version update to Chrome? Or is this some Windows 10 setting I happened to adjust unknowingly? If this sounds like anything you know about and have ideas to try and fix, I'd be grateful for any advice. Thanks.
Also experiencing this issue. Alt+Left Arrow with grouped objects on Chrome backs user out of the page. This does not happen with tokens or individual objects, only things I have grouped. This didn't always happen before.
Bump. Anyone have a fix for this? It's maddening. Charles They (above) reports this only happens on grouped tokens for them. However, I see it on ALL tokens, grouped or individual.