Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can't edit tokens

double clicking only brings up the Token Settings, but not Edit. Trying to select Edit by right clicking the token doesn't work, it's not even highlighting as an option. I have tried: 1. Switching to a different browser. 2. Clearing the cache. 3. Disabling addons/extensions (I have no active addons/extensions on the browser I was using). 4. Repeatedly asking the computer "why? just why? really, why? why? why?" in a gentle voice. I think Step 4 was the closest to helping, but no.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Think only GMs have access to that. Are you the Creator/GM in the game, or just a player?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
A screen shot might help. Not sure what the difference is between "token settings" and "edit".
ᐰndreas J. said: Think only GMs have access to that. Are you the Creator/GM in the game, or just a player? I am the GM. keithcurtis said: A screen shot might help. Not sure what the difference is between "token settings" and "edit". They are two different things. Obviously, I can't show you a screenshot of the Edit to compare.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks, that helps a bit. If you are talking about the "Edit" button that appears on the right-click menu, I see what you mean. It no longer appears to be clickable. I was confused by your original wording into thinking you were looking for a different interface: double clicking only brings up the Token Settings, but not Edit. reads differently than Only double clicking brings up the Token Settings, but not [clicking] Edit. Gotcha. I don't know why it is non-functional, perhaps something to do with the recent interface changes. The gear on the radial menu still seems to work. It's worth a report to a  Help Center Request , describing the issue. That will create a ticket. Or you can try reporting to the  Updated Page and Token Settings - Bugs & Feedback Thread , but honesty, development on that feature seems to have stalled or been abandoned. The good news here, I guess, is that you aren't missing any functionality, just one of the three routes to get to it.
I'm having the exact same issue. When I right click, edit is not even clickable. This prevents me from making my players names always visible, they have to be adjusted on every map.
Looking at the HTML, the word "Edit" has a class of "head" which I take to mean "Header." Maybe it is not supposed to be clickable, but is just a header describing the items below it? If so, it is a confusing UI choice, with the other bold entries being clickable or leading to submenus.
I am having this issue as well. Any solutions so far?

Edited 1614283444
Double-clicking the token gets you to the Token Settings screen, which is where you edit the token. There are no other ways to edit the token. The issue here seems to be Roll20's poor UI change from late last year. Player permission and visibility controls for token elements are now hidden behind the circles with the three dots. Click those to expose the controls you are looking for. Edit: See this thread for more details: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9484611/nov-10-page-and-token-settings-update/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9484611/nov-10-page-and-token-settings-update/</a>
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Rabulias said: Double-clicking the token gets you to the Token Settings screen, which is where you edit the token. There are no other ways to edit the token. Right-clicking a token brings up a contextual menu with a non-functional "edit" button. That's the issue being reported. "Add Turn" above it and "delete" below it are clickable. "Edit" is not. I don't know if anyone has filed a&nbsp; Help Center Request &nbsp;as suggested above. I doubt a dev has seen this page. FWIW, you can also edit the token by clicking the Gear button on the radial menu.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I went ahead and filed a report.
I still think Edit is a menu section header and not intended to be clickable. Just some more clunky UI design.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ah, my turn to slap my head and say, "ohhhhh". I think you're right. That's really confusing. At the very least, indent the subcommands. Now my report is going to look really silly. I'll have to nuke the planet to save face. Sorry. It's really for the best.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
keithcurtis said: I'll have to nuke the planet to save face. Sorry. It's really for the best. Sounds like DM burnout to me.&nbsp; :p