Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Map Scrolling is still broken.

Hello, when I zoom out to see the whole map and move the map to the top, a part is cut off at the bottom. This problem was investigated and explained nine month ago: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8455731/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8455731/</a> So I think I don't need to explain it more. When will this problem be fixed? Best regards, Gavino
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Short answer? No time soon. It's been there as long as I have been on the site. The best workaround is to pad the area around your map. Besides sidestepping the bug, if you hide the border with regular fog of war, you can store tokens and graphics there, rather than dipping into the GM layer. If you do want to make a formal bug report, use a&nbsp; Help Center Request . The dev team won't find an open forum post.

Edited 1614316975
Gold
Forum Champion
Didn't check to see if I said this in the other thread that's linked, but... The workaround for this is to make your Page size larger and have the map as an inset with margins around it.&nbsp; Make a large un-used margin along the bottom, this will be in Page Background Color; (in my experience it's also excellent on the sides, so that the edges of the PLAYABLE MAP can be scrolled to without laying under the Toolbar &amp; Zoom Slider, and without exposing the bright light-grey hatchwork canvas background.&nbsp; EDIT: This was a different way of saying the same advice Keith said
Thank you for your advices. I tried them and they seem to work good enough.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Gold said: (in my experience it's also excellent on the sides, so that the edges of the PLAYABLE MAP can be scrolled to without laying under the Toolbar &amp; Zoom Slider, and without exposing the bright light-grey hatchwork canvas background.&nbsp; That's a good addition to the reasons for this practice. I should edit that particular Trick.