Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

File uploads fail - Have tried all best practices

Hi Roll20 Friends,  I have been trying to upload some animated maps, have reviewed the requirements as far as formats and size. I have tried WEBM and MP4 both around 5/6 MB's but they just hang. Removed all browser plug ins and disabled pop up blocking and allowed all sites. Are there any tricks to this, has anyone had success with animated maps outside of using the non-sanctioned plug in? Thanks much in advance, Juggy
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Animated files take forever to upload. You could be looking at 40+ minutes/MB, during which time you cannot do anything else, let the computer sleep, etc. I have seen people say large maps took upwards of 7 hours.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It's my understanding that the files go through an optimization process during upload, which is the stated reason for the long upload time.
Thank you for the tips gents, I will exercise some patience and see what happens. So far been uploading for about 6 hours. Really appreciate the feedback!!