Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Pop-out window for character sheets

The character sheet feature is awesome. I really appreciate how much it streamlines gameplay. There's one problem, though. I can't keep it open all the time because it blocks most of the map view. On the other hand, having to go to the journal and re-open it every time I want to reference something or use a macro is annoying. It would be much nicer if I could pop it out into its own window, so I could swap back and forth between the sheet and the main interface using alt-tab. If that isn't a possibility, another option would be to make it minimizable on the main interface, so I could just click an icon in the corner or something to restore it when needed.
You can hold down the ALT key while double-clicking your token to open the linked character sheet.
LOL. One of the pitfalls of rapid development cycles is undocumented features :o) Thanks for the tip. Still, it would be nice to have a pop-out window.
Gauss
Forum Champion
If you double click on the top white space of the character sheet it will minimize.
Both of those solutions help, but they don't put it in it's own window, which would be more useful.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
It's probably not a complete solution, but you can log into the site multiple times. I've been experimenting with having two browser windows open on the game to split my content across multiple monitors. Seems to be pretty successful so far..
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Aaron said: It's probably not a complete solution, but you can log into the site multiple times. I've been experimenting with having two browser windows open on the game to split my content across multiple monitors. Seems to be pretty successful so far.. One of my roommates no longer has his own computer (laptop died) while I have two monitors. Until he gets his own computer, he's been sharing mine for the campaigns we both participate in. It works out decently well, even if he does keep turning my mouse caddy-corner. =P
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Sounds like you need another mouse. :)

Edited 1404799213
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I don't have any space for another mouse! D= I already switched to using a trackball to make room for my Anansi keyboard, where am I gonna put a second one? =( Besides, if my roomie would just get off his butt and buy his new computer (well, the remaining parts he needs, since our other roommate gave him a bunch of hand-me-down parts; I think he just needs a power supply, CPU, case, monitor, and new desk).
+1
Gauss said: If you double click on the top white space of the character sheet it will minimize. Nice. It also makes it partially transparent. I'd still prefer a separate window, but this is a nice stop-gap solution. Thanks.
Paul S.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Mark G. said: You can hold down the ALT key while double-clicking your token to open the linked character sheet. MARK!! How did I not know about this. You're awesome man. Thanks.