Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Update Request] Check It Out

I really like the Check It Out script, and increasingly use it to deliver info on objects in dungeon crawls to my players. However, its creator hasn't been around in quite a while. So I'm wondering if any of you script ninjas would be interested in taking over Check It Out to produce an update with some new features. My wish list would be: - A button allowing a player to send what they've checked out to general chat, rather than having to copy and paste text. - Nicer formatting. - The ability to set multiple ability/skill checks to reveal one piece of info. Currently, if you want a player to be able to find out something via both Perception and Investigation, you have to create two different checks on the object containing the identical info. It's a bit of a pain. Would be nice to enter a piece of information and then select a few different checks (with their own DCs) so that party members can pick up the info in different ways. - This is a big request, and maybe not possible, but it would be great if objects could keep a record of who successfully accessed which info for the GM's eyes. Currently, it's hard to keep track of what players have found and what they haven't, unless I want to click through a bunch of objects in a room, run the GM Check It Out tool, and manually compare object info with what my players have copied to chat.  I realize that no one may be interested, but I thought I'd ask!
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
That all sounds feasible, and probably on the order of some window dressing around the central engine that would largely remain unchanged, however I am trying hard to get an APILogic update done in time for this week's pull request, so that's my first priority. If no one else has picked this up before I can get to it, I will try to take a look.
timmaugh said: That all sounds feasible, and probably on the order of some window dressing around the central engine that would largely remain unchanged, however I am trying hard to get an APILogic update done in time for this week's pull request, so that's my first priority. If no one else has picked this up before I can get to it, I will try to take a look. Wow, thanks, timmaugh!