Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dungeon Masters Guide

Hi. The DMG from WOTC has many tables in it. Have these been implemented as tables in the Roll20 implementation or are they text? I am hesitating to buy the DMG.. just teetering on the edge..

Edited 1615049743
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I believe they are still text in the compendium. I just created a blank game and was looking at the compendium through the game and it is just pop up journal entries with text. They are hyperlinked but nothing automated like a roll table with just a click.

Edited 1615051306
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Since you have a pro subscription, I know there was an api script written to be able to roll all those tables, but since I don't play/run 5E I haven't followed it.&nbsp; If you invest in that book and plan on using a lot of the tables, I would run that down in the api forum (not sure if it is in the drop down on the api settings page or not). Edit: Actually, it was really easy to find a reference to the script by searching for DMG in the api forum. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9406856/script-roll-handout-tables" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9406856/script-roll-handout-tables</a>
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The majority of the table in the DMG are more lists of ideas than things which require rolling. There are a few in the Roll20 offering that are rollable, but not many. However, if you prefer to roll, since you are a Pro user you have the option of using the excellent&nbsp; Roll Handout Tables by Jordan C: This script will make tables from any handout that has a rollable table and add a roll button for regular rolls as well as recursive tables. It will surround any dice roll from the item section of the table with brackets for use with recursive tables. Recursive Tables is another script, with which it has synergy. Both are available from the One Click
That's a perfect solution, thanks!!