Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] Initiative Tracker Plus - successor to Tracker Jacker

Edited 1642131453
Chuz
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I found Tracker Jacker to be a nice tool but I wanted custom marker tokens to be supported so I dove in.&nbsp; I have been able to update TJ to support whatever tokens you have in use in your game as well as a few other functionality updates. This API script gives you an animated turn indicator that hovers under the active token in the turn order.&nbsp; It also allows you to assign markers (default roll20 or custom markers) to your tokens and it will count them down as the rounds progress, very helpful if you forget to update durations on token markers.&nbsp; When a token's turn comes up it announces in chat who's turn is up and what affects they have (hidden effects are possible that only display to the GM). Now Available on the One-Click API List as Initiative Tracker Plus The latest development code (not necessarily tested / functional) is here: <a href="https://github.com/jaculpiii/roll20-api-scripts/tree/master/InitiativeTrackerPlus" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/jaculpiii/roll20-api-scripts/tree/master/InitiativeTrackerPlus</a> Here is the list of what I have updated as of the time of this posting: Change Log: 2021-07-22 - v1.26 Added 'itp_pseudonym' functionality <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/10263547/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/10263547/</a> 2021-03-02 - v1.25 published to one-click API script list 2021-03-01 - Added eotcolor option to -setConfig to change [ EOT ] button color. 2021-02-13 - Added !itp -setConfig [key]:[value] functionality to modify various fields, flags and design variables.&nbsp; These changes will be stored in the state so should continue between sessions.&nbsp; Use detailed below. 2020-12-28 - Changed '? Round 1' (which changes to '?? Round 1' when paused) to use a play button image |&gt; and pause button image || instead. 2020-12-04 - Added !itp -purge alias to remove all statuses 2020-12-02 - Some minor code cleanup to make it easier for me to work with. 2020-12-02 - Added a command to clear all statuses from a token.&nbsp; !itp -dispmultistatusconfig removeall while the token(s) are selected, or a button appears on the edit message as well. 2020-11-23 - Changed references to Tracker Jacker to Initiative Tracker Plus.&nbsp; I am doing this to differentiate the new and drastically changing codebase from Ken L.'s original codebase so users that are happy with OG Tracker Jacker can continue to use it without confusion. 2020-11-23 - Updated initiative round indicator to have Play, Stop and Pause buttons instead of ? and ?? 2020-11-22 - The first actor's turn is now announced when starting the tracker. 2020-11-22 - Added the ability to change the initiative indicator (spinning green thing by default) to any other image. 2020-11-18 - Added the ability to save and load favorite. The save creates a Handout called "ITPFavsJSON", the load looks for that handout and loads the JSON from it. 2020-09-25 - Added the ability to display favorites alphabetically, it remains in the first in first out order by default. To get an alphabetical list change !itp -listfavs to !itp -listfavs 1 2020-09-20 - Added EOT link to turn indicator 2020-09-20 - Added mouseover text to token marker selector list 2020-09-12 - Added -cleanSlate command ( !itp -cleanSlate ) to completely wipe all persistent state data should not be used lightly but if effects get stuck in the system this will clear them 2020-09-12 - Updated heavily to pull all token markers enabled in the campaign and make them useable for condition/status effects Examples of functionality.&nbsp; Click the images to see the actual animations. Default turn indicator: An example alternate turn indicator, this can be made from just about any image though many will look bad as animated backgrounds. Example of the turn changing to a player and the chat notification: Example of effects on tokens counting down and announcing the effects in chat on turn changes.&nbsp; If you apply a status with no status marker only the DM is whispered the affect on turn change. Here is a list of things I'd like to do with it, in no particular order: Bugs: Features Wishlist: Add clickable on Turn Notification marker list to remove each marker. Perhaps where the duration is currently displayed and bump duration to the left a little. Create Favs categories??? create categories (hard coded?) assign categories via changefav and addfav list favorites categories (listfavcats?) list favorites BY category (listfavbycat?) Link conditions to a parent condition on another token (specifically for things like "blessed" linked to "concentration" and the like) Add "Next Up" on the Turn Notification Player (non-DM) level favorites, perhaps a flag on current favorites to flag them as 'public'.&nbsp; This would make it easier for players to use the effects, a bonus for DMs with a rotating player base especially. Add a jukebox file to play/stop automatically when the initiative tracker starts/pauses/stops.&nbsp; Also figure out how to actually do that. Figure out how to format API call buttons, example "[Click Here](~ApiMM|Confusion)" which creats a big pink button normally.&nbsp; Power Cards API apparently does this, it may be a good place to look for inspiration. Feel free to let me know if you find any bugs and I'll try to fix what I can, I'm also open to listen to feature suggestions.&nbsp; Keep in mind, I am an amateur with javascript so my code may be somewhat clumsy but so far it appears functional. Commands !itp -help Display help message !itp -start Start/Pause the tracker. If not started starts; if active pauses; if paused, resumes. Behaves as a toggle. !itp -stop Stops the tracker and clears all status effects. !itp -clear Stops the tracker as the -stop command, but in addition clears the turnorder !itp -pause Pauses the tracker. !itp -reset [round#] Reset the tracker's round counter to the given round, if none is supplied, it is set to round 1. !itp -addstatus [name]:[duration]:[direction]:[message] Add a status to the group of selected tokens, if it does not have the named status. name name of the status. duration duration of the status (numeric). direction + or - direction (+# or -#) indicating the increase or decrease of the the status' duration when the token's turn comes up. +0 or -0 for a permanent affect. message optional description of the status. If dice text, ie: 1d4 exist, it'll roll this result when the token's turn comes up. !itp -removestatus [name] Remove a status from a group of selected tokens given the name. !itp -dispmultistatusconfig removeall Remove all statuses from a group of selected tokens. !itp -purge Remove all statuses from a group of selected tokens. !itp -edit Edit statuses on the selected tokens !itp -addfav [name]:[duration]:[direction]:[message] Add a favorite status for quick application to selected tokens later. !itp -listfavs Displays favorite statuses with options to apply or edit. !itp -listfavs 1 Displays favorite statuses (in alphabetical order) with options to apply or edit. !eot Ends a player's turn and advances the tracker if the player has control of the current turn's token. Player usable command. !itp -saveFavs Save your current Favorites into in the GM notes section of a handout called "ITPFavsJSON". This can be copy/pasted into a handout with the same name in another lobby and then "!tj -loadFavs" can be run to load them there. !itp -loadFavs Load Favorites previously saved via "!tj -saveFavs". Requires the handout "ITPFavsJSON" to exist and have properly exported data in the GM notes section. !itp -setIndicatorImage Replaces the current initiative indicator with a new image Note: The token will be removed from the field, along with any others with the name 'tracker_image' Place the image you wish to use as the indicator image (animated turn indicator) on the play field (any layer). Please note, rollable tokens can be used for this as well. Edit the new token and change it's name to 'tracker_image', save the change Pause the tracker if it's currently active Use this command Unpause the tracker if it was active, else wise the next time the tracker is started your new indicator will be used. !itp -defaultIndicatorImage Revert the initiative indicator to the original green one. Pause the tracker if it's currently active Use this command Unpause the tracker if it was active, elsewise the next time the tracker is started the indicator will be the default green one. !itp -setConfig [key]:[value] Changes various configuration values.&nbsp; Permitted keys [default] and what they expect for values are: trackerImgRatio - [2.25] - a decimal number, how much larger than the token it's highlighting that the turn indicator should be rotation_degree - [15] - an integer number, how many degrees per step of the indicator animation that it rotates. rotation_rate - [250] - an integer number, how many milliseconds between frames of the animation, smaller numbers are a faster animation but will load down roll20 more. round_separator_initiative - [-100] - an integer number, displays the "initiative" for the round separator 100 will put it at the top of the round, -100 will put it at the bottom of the round. rotation - [true] - true or false, turns the spinning animation for the turn indicator on (true) or off (false) show_eot - [true] - true of false, display or don't display the EOT button on actor turn announcements in chat turncolor - [#D8F9FF] - Hex color code, changes the color of the background of the chat message announcing who's turn it is. roundcolor - [#363574] - Hex color code, changes the color of the round announcement chat message. statuscolor - [#F0D6FF] - Hex color code, changes the color of the text of the chat message announcing statuses of the current actor. statusbgcolor - [#897A87] - Hex color code, changes the background color of the chat message announcing statuses of the current actor. statusbordercolor [#430D3D] - Hex color code, changes the color of the border of the chat message announcing statuses of the current actor. statusargscolor [#FFFFFF] - Hex color code, changes the color of the feedback text when changing the marker for a status. eotcolor [#FF0000] - Hex color code, changes the color of the [ EOT ] button. playcombatmusic [0] - Will a track from the jukebox be played when the tracker is active. Values should be 0 for off, 1 for on. combatmusic [] - The name of the track to play when the tracker is active if playcombatmusic is turned on [1]. Track can not contain spaces (example: Combat).
Hello ! First of all : thank you for your amazing script, it helps a lot ! I have a question : is the "setConfig" option already "live"? I import the script with roll20 script library and it seems that I can't use it (to stop the rotation and and for changing the round separator initiative to 100 in order to stay 1st (I use groupInitiative too and it messes thing up, every combat start at round 2 due to the ordering afterward ... Thank you again for your work !
Chuz
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Jilian said: Hello ! First of all : thank you for your amazing script, it helps a lot ! I have a question : is the "setConfig" option already "live"? I import the script with roll20 script library and it seems that I can't use it (to stop the rotation and and for changing the round separator initiative to 100 in order to stay 1st (I use groupInitiative too and it messes thing up, every combat start at round 2 due to the ordering afterward ... Thank you again for your work ! I'm not sure if roll20 is just slow to merge the latest batch of pull requests into the live code or I did something wrong but no, the latest version 1.25 is not up yet.&nbsp; I submitted the pull request last Monday(ish) and fixed the validation errors it threw back.&nbsp; I see we're up to 14 pull requests waiting so I'm thinking roll20 just hasn't done their thing yet. Hopefully they get it sorted or let me know what I need to do soon. Chuz
Chuz
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
2021-03-02 - Version 1.25 is now published on the one-click list with one small piece of last minute added functionality. You can now alter the color of the [ EOT ] button on the turn announcement in chat using !itp -setConfig eotcolor:#hexcolor You can also use named html colors like red, blue, teal but if you choose a name that isn't recognized by the browser it won't work, sticking to the hex code is safest. Happy gaming! Chuz

Edited 1615048438
Thank you for making this update! Not being able to use the custom icon library was a real drag when that feature was implemented. I really appreciate you. I'd like to contribute some info that was immensely helpful from the TrackerJacker thread here as well. Here's the macro code for this, I've made some relevant changes (namely renaming the things that are different). A reminder that macros that use HTML code can not be opened again without losing that code. &nbsp;Save this somewhere in case you open it in Roll20 and lose it. Initiative Tracker Plus StatusCommands !itp -?{Status Marker Options|Add Status,addstatus ?&amp;#123;Name&amp;#125;:?&amp;#123;Duration&amp;#125;:?&amp;#123;Direction&amp;#125;:?&amp;#123;Message&amp;#125;|Edit Status (Selected Tokens),edit|Remove Status,removstatus ?&amp;#123;Name&amp;#125;|Purge,purge|List Favorite Effects,listfavs 1|Add Favorite,addfav ?&amp;#123;Name&amp;#125;:?&amp;#123;Duration&amp;#125;:?&amp;#123;Direction&amp;#125;:?&amp;#123;Message&amp;#125;} Initiative Tracker Plus TurnCommands&nbsp; Here I have combined the start and pause buttons into one command and named it accordingly since that command is a toggle.&nbsp; !itp -?{Turn Tracker options|start/pause,start|stop|clear|reset,reset ?{Round&amp;#124;1&amp;#125;} The only other thing I'd add would be is it possible to change the background of the inline rolls? Currently it's a white number on a yellow background and is very hard to see (see screenshot).

Edited 1615049566
Chuz
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Not being able to use the fancy icons I had purchased was what triggered my interest in updating the original TrackerJacker script.&nbsp; Thanks for contributing those macros, I'm still somewhat weak at macros funny enough.&nbsp; That inline roll is indeed very hard to read, I'll put this on the list and see if I can make it a configurable value or at the least change it to something that contrasts a bit better. Thanks for the feedback, Chuz

Edited 1615079139
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
I've been playing around with this script, and was wondering if you could incorporate whatever PowerCards (and probably ScriptCards) does to format api command buttons.&nbsp; For instance, I have a rollable table that will spit out results for the Confusion spell in Pathfinder 1E.&nbsp; I created a macro to output the results of that table, and then created a button for that in a condition description for ITP. It would be great if the buttons would be generated in a format that blends in with the rest of the message. Edit:&nbsp; The command I am using for that output: !itp -addstatus confused:?{Duration?|1}:-1:A confused creature is mentally befuddled and cannot act normally. [Click Here](~ApiMM|Confusion)
Chuz
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
That is very cool, I'm not familiar with other API scripts and to be honest javascript isn't my strong suit but I'll put it on the wishlist as something to look into.&nbsp; Those awful pink buttons definitely could be toned down some couldn't they :) Chuz Kraynic said: I've been playing around with this script, and was wondering if you could incorporate whatever PowerCards (and probably ScriptCards) does to format api command buttons.&nbsp; For instance, I have a rollable table that will spit out results for the Confusion spell in Pathfinder 1E.&nbsp; I created a macro to output the results of that table, and then created a button for that in a condition description for ITP. It would be great if the buttons would be generated in a format that blends in with the rest of the message. Edit:&nbsp; The command I am using for that output: !itp -addstatus confused:?{Duration?|1}:-1:A confused creature is mentally befuddled and cannot act normally. [Click Here](~ApiMM|Confusion)
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Chuz said: Those awful pink buttons definitely could be toned down some couldn't they :) Yeah, I know how to do that with roll templates, but have no idea how it gets incorporated in a script.&nbsp; I took a peak at scriptcards, but it has a different structure (to my ignorant eyes anyway) than ITP.&nbsp; I'm not sure if how it is done there would plug into ITP or not.&nbsp; Which probably means not... I think lines 68-70 set the individual styles, and they are called by line 96.&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-api-scripts/blob/master/ScriptCards/1.0.0/scriptcards.js" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-api-scripts/blob/master/ScriptCards/1.0.0/scriptcards.js</a> Obviously it works without it, but a cosmetic change would be nice.
Chuz
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I just poked around where you suggested, if you backtrace things the buttonstyle is used in function makeButton which is called elsewhere.&nbsp; At a glance it looks like the author manually rolls the code for the buttons.&nbsp; They're working using roll20 magic in the instance you showed in ITP, the author of PowerCards is basically intercepting that text using regular expressions then building the html from there.&nbsp; Until today I didn't even realize roll20 did the button thing since I'm not great with roll20 macros yet. Chuz

Edited 1615150432
Make sure your files are named properly kids and you can avoid dumb mistake like this. If the icon name has two words you need a "_" between them. When applying markers from your custom icon library it cuts off every icon after the 4th one. Any ideas on how to fix that? Creating another icon library doesn't change it and I know the icon is in the game because it's selectable when applying directly to a token.

Edited 1615130441
Chuz
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Can you give me a screen capture of what you're talking about?&nbsp; Also if you can look on the api scripts page in the API Output Console you should see "-=&gt; IT+ Loading Markers... &lt;=-" followed by some lines like ... {"id":492644,"name":"absorbelements::492644","tag":"absorbelements::492644","url":"<a href="https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/492644/xmaeSdY_IjKySziqCw0zYQ/icon.png?1584532983&quot;,&quot;img&quot;:&quot;https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/492644/xmaeSdY_IjKySziqCw0zYQ/icon.png?1584532983&quot;,&quot;displayName&quot;:&quot;AbsorbElements&quot;,&quot;urlName&quot;:&quot;absorbelements~dc~492644" rel="nofollow">https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/492644/xmaeSdY_IjKySziqCw0zYQ/icon.png?1584532983","img":"https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/492644/xmaeSdY_IjKySziqCw0zYQ/icon.png?1584532983","displayName":"AbsorbElements","urlName":"absorbelements~dc~492644</a>"} ended with "-=&gt; IT+ v1.25 &lt;=- [Feb 13 2021]" You should see as many of the data rows as you have tokens, or you may see errors in here, can you paste what you find?&nbsp; My first guess is maybe something about the names of the images isn't compatible with the code. Edit:&nbsp; Another question, where are the markers coming from, are they roll20 purchased assets or markers you uploaded?&nbsp; What are the filenames/names of them? Chuz

Edited 1615150197
It works now. I'm very sure I just forgot to add a "-" or "_" to connect the two words of the icon and you asking what the names of the files were made me go back and say "hmm? That could be it." Sorry for the false alarm XD, I'll take that "L."
Chuz
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
No worries, always happy when a bug is easy to fix or non-existent :) Chuz
Ran this in a session for the first time tonight and overall it was great in terms of expected functionality and what we got out of it. We did get a couple of players whose browser (chrome for all those who crashed) got the "Aw Snap, something went wrong" message and had to refresh. This went away once I turned off the animations, which then made it far less obvious which token was being highlighted at times. I was using the default graphics as well, no changes there Can't report anything else as I had no issues my end.&nbsp; Either way great stuff :)&nbsp;
Chuz
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I had the same thing happen to one of my players Saturday night and previously the animation seemed to cause a bit of lag.&nbsp; I've added a change to disable it by default but you can turn it back on using the -setConfig command.&nbsp; I'm wondering if it may be related to how the animation is handled or perhaps recent roll20 changes.&nbsp; I had not heard of it causing crashes prior to the recent updates to character sheets (who knows what else was included in those). I'm glad it worked for you other than that! Chuz Joshua G. said: Ran this in a session for the first time tonight and overall it was great in terms of expected functionality and what we got out of it. We did get a couple of players whose browser (chrome for all those who crashed) got the "Aw Snap, something went wrong" message and had to refresh. This went away once I turned off the animations, which then made it far less obvious which token was being highlighted at times. I was using the default graphics as well, no changes there Can't report anything else as I had no issues my end.&nbsp; Either way great stuff :)&nbsp;
Chuz
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I was made aware of an issue with custom tracker images being lost when using !itp -clear. &nbsp;&nbsp;I've made a quick bugfix that seems to fix that and has the positive side effect of making the custom image persistent across pages now. &nbsp;This change should go live next Tuesday (Mar. 23rd) on roll20's normal deployment. Chuz
Is there a way to disable the printing of names into chat text when a new person's round begins. Like how do I handle enemies the players don't know what they are?

Edited 1620246493
Chuz
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Chaos Cowboy said: Is there a way to disable the printing of names into chat text when a new person's round begins. Like how do I handle enemies the players don't know what they are? If a token is on the GM layer it does not show in the initiative tracker or the announcements for any players.&nbsp; The first screenshot is from the GM's perspective, the second is the player's perspective of the same initiative sequence.&nbsp; The Spikes, Ragers and Rusted Stilettos Ganger's are tokens on the GM layer.&nbsp; The Ancients Ganger and Bob - Test are on the token layer. Is this not the behavior you see? Chuz

Edited 1622778736
Hey there! Wondering if you can offer some advice - I've been using inline rolls in my status descriptions with Initiative Tracker Plus and as of yesterday they were working fine, but today they started returning $[[0]] as the rolled result. I am using a macro to put the status on the tokens, but it was working perfectly yesterday and all of my other inline rolls in other macros are working fine still too. Ideas? Edit - confirmed that it's returning the same result even when I'm not using a macro, just using [[1d4]] in the written command. Included the example result below.&nbsp;
Chuz
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
That's very odd, I have not changed anything but I know roll20 do occasionally make changes to how things are parsed in roll templates and chat.&nbsp; I've not personally used rolls inside the status message recently.&nbsp; I'll ask around and see if anybody knows of anything that may have caused the change. Sorry for the inconvenience, Chuz Margaret said: Hey there! Wondering if you can offer some advice - I've been using inline rolls in my status descriptions with Initiative Tracker Plus and as of yesterday they were working fine, but today they started returning $[[0]] as the rolled result. I am using a macro to put the status on the tokens, but it was working perfectly yesterday and all of my other inline rolls in other macros are working fine still too. Ideas? Edit - confirmed that it's returning the same result even when I'm not using a macro, just using [[1d4]] in the written command. Included the example result below.&nbsp;

Edited 1622822741
Chuz
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
That trick didn't roll the [[1d4]] fresh every turn in the past did it? If it didn't you can get a similar effect using &amp;#91;&amp;#91;1d4&amp;#93;&amp;#93;&nbsp; in lieu of [[1d4]].&nbsp; I'm told by other API scripters that what's happening now is how it has always been intended to work (replacing [[1d4]] with $[[0]]) so the unintended feature in ITP was a bug that just worked in our favor. If the 1d4 was rolled fresh each turn, I'm not sure if there's a fix to whatever roll20 changed since I'm being told the new (current) behavior is how it was supposed to be working all along. I did some more messing around with things and some of the legacy code in IT+ actually handles expressions like 1d4 as plain text (no brackets) in the message.&nbsp; I tested 1d4+3 and that seemed to work as well.&nbsp; Bonus it also rolls fresh each round. Chuz Margaret said: Hey there! Wondering if you can offer some advice - I've been using inline rolls in my status descriptions with Initiative Tracker Plus and as of yesterday they were working fine, but today they started returning $[[0]] as the rolled result. I am using a macro to put the status on the tokens, but it was working perfectly yesterday and all of my other inline rolls in other macros are working fine still too. Ideas? Edit - confirmed that it's returning the same result even when I'm not using a macro, just using [[1d4]] in the written command. Included the example result below.&nbsp;
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
When Roll20 sees the inline roll, it returns a roll marker to that position in the line (ie, $[[0]]). Many scripts will unpack that to dig out the value of that roll (roll 0, roll 1, roll 2, etc.) and place it in the correct position in the command line. If this script isn't doing that natively, then you can use ZeroFrame + SelectManager (parts of the meta toolbox), to get the value. Nothing would change about your command line except to include the .value construction immediately following whatever inline roll you want to unpack: [[1d4]].value That will render the value of the roll before it gets to whatever the destination script is (IT+) in this case. (You will need SelectManager to maintain selected tokens.)
Ohhhhh that totally did it - that's so strange and I feel silly for not thinking to give that a whirl, but I'm glad it's a simple answer XD Thank you! Chuz said: That trick didn't roll the [[1d4]] fresh every turn in the past did it? If it didn't you can get a similar effect using &amp;#91;&amp;#91;1d4&amp;#93;&amp;#93;&nbsp; in lieu of [[1d4]].&nbsp; I'm told by other API scripters that what's happening now is how it has always been intended to work (replacing [[1d4]] with $[[0]]) so the unintended feature in ITP was a bug that just worked in our favor. If the 1d4 was rolled fresh each turn, I'm not sure if there's a fix to whatever roll20 changed since I'm being told the new (current) behavior is how it was supposed to be working all along. I did some more messing around with things and some of the legacy code in IT+ actually handles expressions like 1d4 as plain text (no brackets) in the message.&nbsp; I tested 1d4+3 and that seemed to work as well.&nbsp; Bonus it also rolls fresh each round. Chuz Margaret said: Hey there! Wondering if you can offer some advice - I've been using inline rolls in my status descriptions with Initiative Tracker Plus and as of yesterday they were working fine, but today they started returning $[[0]] as the rolled result. I am using a macro to put the status on the tokens, but it was working perfectly yesterday and all of my other inline rolls in other macros are working fine still too. Ideas? Edit - confirmed that it's returning the same result even when I'm not using a macro, just using [[1d4]] in the written command. Included the example result below.&nbsp;
Chuz said: Chaos Cowboy said: Is there a way to disable the printing of names into chat text when a new person's round begins. Like how do I handle enemies the players don't know what they are? If a token is on the GM layer it does not show in the initiative tracker or the announcements for any players.&nbsp;&nbsp; Would it be possible to see this functionality added based as a toggle based on ownership? I was recently playing Curse of Strahd and didn't think about it until the turn order rolled around and it got revealed that the enemy was Strahd in disguise, which gave the plot away a bit. Basically, just being able to hide the names when they're on the token layer? Thanks for the great work :)&nbsp;&nbsp;
Chuz
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The display on the initiative tracker is not something that ITP does, that is handled by roll20.&nbsp;&nbsp; My recommendation would be to make sure the character sheet and token don't have Strahd as their name maybe. Chuz Joshua G. said: Chuz said: Chaos Cowboy said: Is there a way to disable the printing of names into chat text when a new person's round begins. Like how do I handle enemies the players don't know what they are? If a token is on the GM layer it does not show in the initiative tracker or the announcements for any players.&nbsp;&nbsp; Would it be possible to see this functionality added based as a toggle based on ownership? I was recently playing Curse of Strahd and didn't think about it until the turn order rolled around and it got revealed that the enemy was Strahd in disguise, which gave the plot away a bit. Basically, just being able to hide the names when they're on the token layer? Thanks for the great work :)&nbsp;&nbsp;
Chuz said: The display on the initiative tracker is not something that ITP does, that is handled by roll20.&nbsp;&nbsp; My recommendation would be to make sure the character sheet and token don't have Strahd as their name maybe. I'm on about the chat message posted by ITP when a new turn begins. Names in the initiative tracker are hidden from players by default as far as I'm aware. Basically, I'd like to see the ability to turn off the printed name in the chat log when a new turn starts and the message pops up, or if it's a non-player/no controller token just whispering the message to the DM. Sometimes I don't want the NPC names to pop up in the chat log as it gives that information to the players. Moving the token to the GM layer isn't an option for me as I want to be able to use the token layer for combat.&nbsp;
Chuz
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ahh, I now understand what you are asking and it makes much more sense.&nbsp; I can think of a few approaches to this, all controlled with a flag set when you setup ITP. Hide ALL GM controlled turns (whisper them to the GM) Perhaps have a generic "GM Turn" public announcement? Hide specific tokens that are set up individually? Maybe when setting this up have the option to rename the display name? The former I suspect would be relatively easy to accomplish but would be quite restrictive (all or nothing).&nbsp; The latter would be much more robust but would be more difficult to achieve as I would have to add several functions to modify the token attributes themselves. I'd be interested in hearing anybody else's thoughts on this but right now I think I'll go for the more robust option but it'll take longer to get an update out. Thanks for the feedback, Chuz Joshua G. said: Chuz said: The display on the initiative tracker is not something that ITP does, that is handled by roll20.&nbsp;&nbsp; My recommendation would be to make sure the character sheet and token don't have Strahd as their name maybe. I'm on about the chat message posted by ITP when a new turn begins. Names in the initiative tracker are hidden from players by default as far as I'm aware. Basically, I'd like to see the ability to turn off the printed name in the chat log when a new turn starts and the message pops up, or if it's a non-player/no controller token just whispering the message to the DM. Sometimes I don't want the NPC names to pop up in the chat log as it gives that information to the players. Moving the token to the GM layer isn't an option for me as I want to be able to use the token layer for combat.&nbsp;
Amazing. I don't mind which way you go, I just want to hide names. It takes as long as it takes at the end of the day. Thanks for listening :)&nbsp;
Chuz
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
ITP Version 1.26 is queued up to go live on the next update on roll20's side.&nbsp; The update contains new functionality for the Turn Announcement chat text.&nbsp; GMs can now give their characters pseudonyms to solve problems like Joshua G.'s issue above. To use this functionality give the character sheet the attribute 'itp_pseudonym' with whatever name you want it to use in the chat Turn Announcements.&nbsp; If you leave the value empty then the Turn Announcements will say "NPC's turn". Originally The character was named "Franz Ord", before his turn on Round 9 I added the itp_pseudonym attribute with the name "Bob from Accounting".&nbsp; Then for the next image I removed the value for the 'itp_pseudonym' attribute and it displays "It is NPC's turn". I'm pretty happy with this and I suspect an all or nothing solution would be oddly enough more work and would not be used a ton so I will hold off on adding that for now. I hope this is helps, Chuz
I have been asked to share the Macro that I use that implements ITP.&nbsp; I have this macro appear in my Macro bar, and then I can access all that ITP offers (for me) with a click of a button (You will note that I have already favorited all the statuses that I use regularly, and have already run the -Loadfavs option in a separate macro): !itp ?{What to do?|Start, -start| Clear, -clear| Edit, -edit| Reset, -reset ?{Number}| Blessed, -applyfav blessed| Blinded, -applyfav blinded| Charmed, -applyfav charmed| Concentrate, -applyfav concentrate| Deafened, -applyfav deafened| Frightened, -applyfav frightened| Grappled, -applyfav grappled| Hasted, -applyfav hasted| Hexed, -applyfav hexed| Incapacitated, -applyfav incapacitated| Invisible, -applyfav invisible| Marked, -applyfav marked| Paralyzed, -applyfav paralyzed| Petrified, -applyfav petrified| Poisoned, -applyfav poisoned| Prone, -applyfav prone| Raging, -applyfav raging| Ready, -applyfav ready| Restrained, -applyfav restrained| Stunned, -applyfav stunned| Unconscious, -applyfav unconscious}
How do I get capitalization to work for favorites status names?
Chuz
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Jip said: How do I get capitalization to work for favorites status names? If you add the names with your preferred capitalization it should apply it when it displays the statues on a character's turn.&nbsp;&nbsp; The favorites list just shows the lowercased version because that's how it's stored in the datastructure.&nbsp; If you are seeing something different we'll need to dig in deeper to see what's going on. I did just realize that statuses with numbers in the name don't work so that's a caveat. Chuz

Edited 1627669975
I started to rename the entries with capitalization, which were forced to no capitalization when I entered them with capitalization. Now I'm getting these messages when I try to add them to a token. And now this: Unable to apply, edit or remove them.
Chuz
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
This issue seems to have been fixed in the version waiting to be merged in by roll20, v1.27.&nbsp;&nbsp; I tested everything I could think of to make sure I didn't break things but it's always best to use !itp -saveFavs occasionally to preserve your favorites lists. As usual let me know if anything breaks! Chuz