Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Allowing to drag and drop an handout in the playing area

Marco M.
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
This request is similar to the one of linking to an handout (I know there are workarounds), but I think it's simpler to implement I would like to be able for a player to drop a piece of handout they own and can edit into the main game page . It would work like a token for a character, but it's not necessary to have an aura or special properties. At the moment I can achieve a similar result by creating an empty character sheet that all players can edit but the Character Sheet and Attribute Tab is distracting (see gif for an example of what I mean. In the example fake_handout it's really a character sheet, while real_handout  is a normal handout). I think it would be a useful change for module creators cause it allow them to give physicality to their adventures. In short 1. It is only a cosmetic change (I don't expect the players to be able to open the handout while clicking on it, that would be cool , but I know it's harder to pull off) 2. It's a small thing but I think it would add a lot to the physicality of any game and module
Hobo
Pro
Sheet Author
This would be so useful.  I think that there is a lot of squandered potential in the tabletop side of roll20 by focusing so much on battle map type features.  I use these sheets as virtual table tops and mostly want to do things like using index cards for mapping (ala index card rpg) or having players move handouts around like the above.   Almost everyone I hear who does not want to use roll20 says its because of the effort to make complex battle maps work.  A bit more love for shared freeform table spaces would go a loooong way to draw people still using zoom and a whiteboard. I think a lot of the pressure to improve the card system might be handled if there was a way to better interact with handouts like this.  It would be even better if we could manage dice in a similar way.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .