Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Free 5e Games. Icewind Dale Rime of the Frostmaiden, Descent into Avernus, and Barrowmaze Sandbox Megadungeon!. Need players for all 3. Details inside

General Details: I am a ForeverDM who loves it. I run three games a week, all are at 7pm eastern and run till 11-12pm. Below i detailed each, due to unfortunate circumstances around work a different player has had to leave in each of the games, making one opening, and in a couple yet more changes might cause us to lose a 2nd, so there is some openings. There are some general rules used in all of them, and slight differences used in each individual one. Overall, i have a more OSR style of handling situations relying on what you say over a persuade check, and asking how you do things more than what the rules say. General Rules that i use are Variant Resting and Encumbrance. (DMG and PHB respectivly). Resting is 8hr short rest, 7day longrest. Encumbrance is a scale that starts sooner, goes gradually. Its only "bad" if you are unwilling to lose 10ft of movement carrying a bunch of stuff, or go at full speed and travel light. Resting ends up being harder in dangerous areas but 5e was also planned for *eight* combat encounters in a single long rest which never happens under normal resting rules. Death Saves are 1 save, not 3, and occur after 1 full round of being down and unsaved. If you make the save you end up stable. Concentration can be stacked (multiple concentration spells) but are still all-eggs-in-one-basket, losing them all on a failed roll Attunment similarly is ignored, and instead used to prevent passing around of problem items instead of as an ammo count locking you out of items. Other smaller rules that are quality of life or convient that slip the mind. Potions being bonus action to use, flanking being a bonus not adv, probably some others. But the bullets are the larger rule changes. Wednesday  Nights Icewind Dale - The party is level 4, has been to 4 or 5 out of the Ten Towns and done some deeds, but also had some deaths and some new people join, so only one of the original party remains, the rest have joined him and gained a name for themselfs. Currently the party is dealing with mind flayers from space - which believe it or not is a raw wotc encounter. quite fun though. Outside of the immediate issues with that, they are leaders of one town, and are also fighting the Duergar and trying to find Nethereese ruins, have an Ogre friend named Dunk, and had a meeting with a goblin tribe to try to make peace with the humans. Alot going on. Saturday Nights in Avernus - The party is level 8 and on the blood river in hell, they own a small river boat, and have been sandboxing around avernus. They have a talking pet flying cat, have made deals with some of the devils, have had some vehicle fights, and are currently seeking to rescue a stolen npc who was with them.Currently in a fight with a demonic dragon in an ichor swamp after fighting off a horde of Abishai.  Monday Nights in Barrowmaze - Barrowmaze is a large mega dungeon. This game just started, and has a radically different ruleset being used making it much more in-line with AD&D. With Barrowmaze i am experimenting with the "5e Hardcore Mode" rules, which inculde many things. From skills applying slightly differently, to different rules with char gen and hp. The Big bullet points for just barrowmaze is roll for hp at level 1 stats are 3d6 down the line with a 14 in primary stat for class chosen no con bonus to hp feats are turned into magic items skills work slightly differently, difficult to explain in full in a bulletpoint. Barrowmaze also is A-Typical, in that it is a sandbox area in a Swamp named the Dutchy of Aerik. Inside this swamp (located in the Hool Marshs of Greyhawk) are old ruins of a magical empire or two. They made burial mounds by their rites and then went away. Now the dead rise and are quite inteligent. The Megadungeon instead of being vertical stacked layers is all one floor, spanning all the levels and allowing you to go anywhere at any time, even if it outlevels you. There are also 100+ smaller dungeons, several towns, a multitude of adventuring bands to RP with, and more. Once again Monday nights is Barrowmaze Wednesday nights is Icewind Dale Saturdaay nights is Avernus. All games are 7pm-11/12pm Eastern Timezone. If you are interested, send me a DM with your age your experience if any with ttrpgs. new people are welcome, but knowing your frame of reference is helpful. an affirmation you understand the basics of action, bonus action, ect and dont need a full tutorial for roll20 char sheets or 5e. What game you want to join. Hope to hear from some of you.
I'm 52 been playing for a long time just got back into this year pretty knowledgeable of the rules. Interested in the barrowmaze game as my characters are of lower level
1. 35y old 2. I have only done some campaigns on my own to learn faster and read the players handbook and the srd a few times. 3. I have the pro sub, but im pretty new to it, so i can use some more tutorials for it on youtube. 4. Nr1  Wednesday  Nights Icewind Dale
Age: 21 Quick Question: Are you looking for voice, video, or text? I'm most comfortable with text, but I can try voice (I don't have a dedicated mic, fair warning). I'm not really comfortable going on video with strangers. Experience: Medium level, I suppose. 2-ish years in general, almost all online. 5e was the first I ever played and the one I've had the most success with. I've been in maybe four or five campaigns, two of which went long. Currently I'm GMing a small casual campaign of my own. Understanding: I'd say I have a good grasp on 5e turn by turn, but am an overall mediocre player. The Roll20 sheets are a bit fiddly but I also use them in my campaign so I am familiar enough. Game: Ideally Icewind Dale. I can make the listed time easily and I have basically no idea what it's about as I have not looked at it once. I could technically also do Barrowmaze but I've never tried a Megadungeon before. I've read Avernus before and my own game is also on Saturdays, so it's out for me.