Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Patch 2.5

This is not exactly a bug report but a complaint. I couldn't find a better place to register it. When I saw Patch 2.5 when I opened my game, I ran it assuming that it was correcting some mistakes in the game implementation or descriptions like all the other patches. To my surprise and horror I discovered that it changed my Curse of Strahd game to UDL. I had been using LDL because of all the problems I had read about with UDL. Now since my next session is tomorrow I'm going to have to run it with a system I haven't had a chance to test. This is a stupid and alienating way to trick me into switching. You should have warned me what Patch 2.5 was going to do.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It's too late now, of course, but the patch notification has a patch notes link that tell you what is going to happen. It sucks, but it won't matter soon, of course. All games will become UDL. UDL has some oddities and quirks for sure, but I think once you learn those, it's not as bad as folks are making out. I've preemptively switched my own game because the writing is on the wall.

Edited 1615785016
Thank you for the response. I had a real scare during the game Sunday because I couldn't get Bump, SimpleDoorControls, and SwitchCards to work. Other macros did work, but API dependent macros wouldn't and I had spent literaly months preparing for CoS setting up every door and window and gm layer token with SDC and Bump . After the game I shut down and ate dinner. When I came back and signed on again the API dependent macros did work, I don't know what happened since I had opened the game Saturday to check everything was ok for Sunday's session. I then spent the time turning on UDL sight for my PC's on several different pages and checking that they looked right using cntrl-L. I also checked using a fake PC which was me under a different signon. I never thought to try opening doors and so forth so I shut down with fingers crossed. Sunday I opened before the game, things looked right, then during the game none of the API dependent actions worked. Why it started working with the later signon I have no idea. I guess it is as the computer gods will.