Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Suggestion: filter somecharacter sheet fields out of the drop downs for token bars etc.

I love the character sheets, but they do make a few things more awkward. Specifically setting up the token bars, and other places where you need to select from a list of your attributes. Right now if I want to link a tokens bar to a specific attribute, the list includes all the attributes on the character sheet, including the ones inside repeating sections. Since auto calculated fields and repeating fields aren't displayed on the attributes and abilities tab to keep players from breaking them, shouldn't they be filtered out of the drop downs for the bars too? Or maybe there should be a way for the sheet creator to flag them as include/exclude from those lists? HP and AC are common enough auto-calc fields for the bars, but my imagination fails to come up with a use case for repeating fieldset attributes in the token bars....
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
If they used a different field, like one that lets you begin typing the name of the attribute and only populates the drop down with attributes that fit the name so far, then that'll probably help a lot. But removing options isn't the solution, you don't know if someone else's game uses auto-calculated attributes and such for their own purposes on tokens.