Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll Handout Tables Samples

Edited 1616487589
Hi. [edit] I have downloaded the script Roll Handout Tables from github to my machine and imported. When the API sandbox spins up, then there is no message, should there be? I named it rollhandout.js since the call is !rollhandout I created a handout with a table: 1d3 Result 1 One 2 Two 3 Three HOWEVER.. nothing happens when I call !rollhandout May I have some advice on the behaviour I should expect or how to test the script? I have the PHB and MM for 5e..
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
The script creates Rollable Tables by finding lookups like that in handouts.  You then roll on the Rollable Table with the standard syntax.  If you go to the Collections tab and scroll down to the Rollablable Table section, you should see some named after your handout.

Edited 1616265457
I copied the game. So no scripts. Added Recursive Table and cut and pasted the script from the GitHub repo. Launched game. ran it with !rollhandout Nothing, the table above is not in my collection as rollable table. Is there any error trapping that needs to be done, what is the .json file in the GitHub, BTW? Could someone suggest a handout from the PHB or MM that works with this script for them so I can check and see if the problem lies with my handout?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
RecursiveTable doesn't do the !rollhandout stuff, that's Roll Handout Tables.  RecursiveTable uses the !rt command to parse nested inline rolls in Rollable Tables. You need to install Roll Handout Tables.

Edited 1616488477
i am sorry for the confusion. I had installed Roll Handout Tables from github. [I have edited the OP to make that clearer] i did not use the single click install since the script author advised it wasn' working 12/24 In case that is no longer valid I have deleted the cut and pasted version and moved to the one click install. This is my setup, see picture below. I'd feel more comfortable that it wasn't working if someone might tell me a handout that is known to work from the SRD or PHB or MM for 5e.. Nothing works when I run the script, which I believe doesn't need the handout name as input..