Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Stylish] Smaller video panes and narrower chat sidebar

Edited 1616669153
I started coding last week (HTMI and CSS basics at freecodecamp) and discovered Stylish today for Chrome. I've downloaded most of the Roll20 styles made available by @keithcurtis and am proud to have been able to then edit and tweak to fit my own experience and needs. Unfortunately, I cannot yet navigate the source code to find the right classes I need to tailor the two title issues. I also have not found other solutions in APIs or Forums or Styles. If anyone is able to help me with this, or at least give me a place to start where I can fiddle around on my own, that would be greatly appreciated! 1. I would like to make the video size even smaller than the 'small' option available (quality is not as important to me as screen space as a DM on a laptop)         Potentially also the ability to scale and resize the video panes individually? Or minimize individual ones (like my own). Default can layer one on top of another, but I cannot 'send one behind' another. 2. I would like to change the min-width of the chat sidebar. Sometimes I want the screenspace but do not want to completely minimize the sidebar.         Potentially also the blocks inside would auto refit like with the default template, but not completely necessary, especially as I am asking others for help. Perhaps someone can give me an idea where to find the style classes and such so I can do more independantly? My instinct was to ctrl+U to view sourcecode and then ctrl+F search for what I assumed would be key terms. It seems like many other things are linked to the page's source code and I am not yet far along enough to understand it all. Thanks in advance for the help!  

Edited 1616676096
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
(Side note: You should probably use Stylus instead of Stylish.  Stylish has a ton of analytics collection that Stylus does not. See this , and this )

Edited 1616845104
This is my end result. It's not perfect, but it is functional! I welcome a pro's feedback and edits. /*Changes size of video panes*/ /*Allows for player to be resized*/ .player { resize:both;     overflow:hidden;      max-width:250px;     max-height:250px; } .playercolor {     display:flex;     height:18%!important;     width:12%!important; } .color_picker {     display:flex;     height:18%!important;     width:12%!important; } #playerzone.smallvideo .player-handle   {     bottom:0; } #playerzone.smallvideo .player-handle:before   {     font-size:1.5vh; } #playerzone.smallvideo .video .av-controls,#playerzone.smallvideo .video   {          max-height:250px;            max-width:250px;     display:flex;     width:100%;     height:80%; } #playerzone.smallvideo .video   {          background-size:fill;    } #playerzone.smallvideo .playername   {          object-fit:contain;     display:flex;     font-size: 80%;     width:88%;     height:12%!important; } #playerzone.smallvideo .avatarvideo   {          max-height:250px;            max-width:250px;     display: flex;     width:100%;     height:80%; } #playerzone.smallvideo .player .playername   { font-size:80%;     overflow: wrap; }
Thanks Aaron, I will take a look into it! Other than privacy, is there an issue with using Stylish?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I don't think so, privacy is enough for most people. =D  I do find I like Stylus's interface better than I liked Stylish.