Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Awful lag and API crashing tonight

My session tonight was a hot mess. Huge lag for everything, API crashing every 5 minutes, character sheets taking an eternity to load. I couldn't even ping-click on the map.
Agreed. It basically ruined my game. Sheets not opening, sheets not scrolling, tremendous lag. Some dice rolls didn't come up for 30+ seconds. This is without using Roll20 audio or video as well. 
Performance for Roll20 has been quite poor on and off for the past few weeks for me and many of my players. Its quite frustrating for a paying customer when you add in all the issues with Dynamic Lighting and the incredibly slow rate of updates to this platform.
Hey all, we caught a hiccup with some of the server response times. We're working on getting it sorted asap. Thank you for letting us know!
Alright, you should be all set! We'll be monitoring to make sure things stay clear, and don't hesitate to reach out (here, or the Help Center ) if you have any further issues.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Me too.  Terrible lag on opening characters.  Once they were open, all was good.  
Hot mess is the best way to describe my experience with Roll20 last few weeks.
We just started our game and it was all horribly laggy. Are these even peak times? Terrible
It has been stable for the last hour I think.
Pretty consistantly slow today. Editing sheets seems to be timing out.
Been having issues since last night as well. Sheets load in slowly, and some functions are not working at all (such as Show Hidden and Hide Unused on the Shadowrun 5 (Advanced) sheets). Had several GMs try on their tables and all are having the same issue, various browsers and computers.
Never mind lag... my crew (and I) have been having major legaue issues with being able to even sign in. GET YOUR SERVERS UP TO SPEC!
Had a lot of issues myself tonight.  APIs wouldn't work for the first 2 hours or so (6 PM - 8 PM EST), then worked sporadically between 8 PM EST and 10 PM EST.  Lag was a little worse than usual (meaning Roll20 seems to always lag - this was a even worse lag than normal.) -Adam
Yeah room won't load for me, or gives me the Gateway time out error.
Roll20 is worse than normal.  That's not saying much as normally its awful, but the last day or two completely unusable.  I wish I didn't have so much money tied up into this dumpster fire of a service.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
From  Hotfix for Game Loading Problems 3/28/2021 This afternoon we became aware of a problem which caused some users to experience difficulty launching their games on Roll20. This issue is related to the other incidents users have experienced recently in the last few weeks. We know how frustrating it is to have trouble getting into your games, and apologize for the inconvenience and missed game times. We have pulled our full team together to resolve these issues. A hotfix was just deployed to resolve users' ability to launch their games. We expect this hotfix to be in place until we release a more permanent solution tomorrow. Given the nature of a hotfix, you may notice some unexpected behavior from character sheets. This should be limited to the way that custom character sheets are styled and rendered but with any hotfix there is always a risk of unforeseen problems. This temporary fix may cause improper rendering of roll templates within your chat archives. If you are effected by this please let us know via our Help Center.  We are working on a more complete update on the larger issue, and thank you for your patience as we work to improve the software.
Eve
Roll20 Team
Thank you all for letting us know about the problems you've experienced. As mentioned in the post Keith linked a hotfix has been rolled out that should help to mitigate these problems. We're working on a more complete update and will make that available as soon as we're able to.