Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

In line adding : Seperate sneak attack and weapons damage but display the total

Edited 1616864661
In starfinder The operative (Space rogue) Can make a skill check and if it succeeds they do extra damage if they hit It's possible to successfully trick an opponent but miss them, or unsuccessfully trick an opponent but still hit them for weapon damage I saw a trick where you could add up modifiers you'd rolled using .. I think it was [[0$]] for the first variable and [[1$]] for the second or something like that. For step 1 what i'm trying to get to work is Sneak Attack Hits KAC [[1d20+7]] For [[1d4]] weapon damage and [[5d6]] Sneak attack Damage for a total of [[ $[[1]]+$[[2]] ]]&nbsp; damage Which returns Sneak Attack Hits KAC <span class="userscript-inlinerollresult showtip tipsy-n-right" title=" Rolling 1d20+7 = ( 7 )+7">14 For <span class="userscript-inlinerollresult showtip tipsy-n-right" title=" Rolling 1d4 = ( 2 )">2 weapon damage and <span class="userscript-inlinerollresult showtip tipsy-n-right fullcrit" title=" Rolling 5d6 = ( 4 + 2 + 6 + 6 + 4 )">22 Sneak attack Damage for a total of [[ <span class="userscript-inlinerollresult showtip tipsy-n-right" title=" Rolling 1d4 = ( 2 )">2 +<span class="userscript-inlinerollresult showtip tipsy-n-right fullcrit" title=" Rolling 5d6 = ( 4 + 2 + 6 + 6 + 4 )">22 ]] damage It has the numbers THERE it just doesn't seem to want to add them For step 2 (if step 1 is possible) is there any way to put that into a default template to make it easier to read?
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can't perform math on recalled rolls, your options are to either reverse the order or hide the roll outside of a template section: Sneak Attack Hits KAC [[1d20+7]] For [[ [[1d4]] + [[5d6]] ]] total damage: $[[1]] normal + $[[2]] sneak damage &amp;{template:default} {{name=Attack}} {{attack=[[1d20+7]]}} [[ [[1d4]] + [[5d6]] ]] {{damage=$[[1]]}} {{sneak=$[[2]]}} {{total=$[[3]]}}

Edited 1616907737
oh Awesome! thank you! that works perfectly. This will help DMs and operatives keep their socks on during gaming... I had no idea you could hide rolls outside the template like that snoopy dance...
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Happy to help, if you find yourself with a few spare hours there are many nuggets of gold like that little trick in this thread .

Edited 1616913986
&amp;{template:default} {{name= @{character_name} Gets their WWF On }} {{ KAC=[[&nbsp; [[1d20+@{AttackBonusMelee} ]] -8 ]]&nbsp;&nbsp; }} {{KAC+8= $[[0]]}} I use an attribute to list attack bonuses on a macro mule. This one now tells the DM The KAC your starfinder grappling moves work without having to add 8 to their KAC or take 8 off your rolll. Simpler that i thought it was for an hour or two...