Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][5E][FREE] Looking for 3 players. High level long term campaign - 11th lvl start-grow into Deity or Lord. Old School DM. New players and Homebrew welcome.

Edited 1617193054
Let's start this off with the simple rules: &nbsp;1) must be 18+ years old, 2) There is NO discrimination, diversity is awesome, 3) this is a Fantasy game so NO real world politics discussions, 4) This is about roleplaying and teamwork and having fun. 5) We help each other not belittle one another. &nbsp;6)&nbsp; If you intend or have designs on monopolizing control of the game please don't apply . 7) If you have a problem you talk with me first and we work it out like adults. 8) Bigotry is FORBIDDEN.&nbsp;(NO using RP as an excuse for blatant bigotry.) Problem players will be asked to leave or be kicked.&nbsp;&nbsp; ALSO IF YOU ARE A RULES LAWYER STOP HERE AND HAVE A NICE DAY, same goes for DM's who have a habit of pushing their format on other DMs. If you are a DM and truly want to play and not critique at every turn then&nbsp; by all means &nbsp;read on. Sorry if that seems harsh but I talk straight, to old to do otherwise. I am all about RP and fun not whether the rules say this or that, as long as we are having fun I'm chill. If you RP well not everything has to be rolled out. So as I live and learn. I am actively searching for 3 players who want to RP and are serious about joining a long term campaign and can commit to meetings and involvement. I invest a lot of my time into my campaign because I enjoy it. I invest a lot of time in incorporating ALL of my players backstories into the world and campaign because I enjoy that as well.&nbsp; Here's link to one if my original posts for more info <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9801868/lfp-d-and-d-5e-free-update-need-two-more-at-least-old-school-dm-looking-for-players-new-or-veterans-for-a-world-campaign/?pageforid=9810176#post-9810176" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9801868/lfp-d-and-d-5e-free-update-need-two-more-at-least-old-school-dm-looking-for-players-new-or-veterans-for-a-world-campaign/?pageforid=9810176#post-9810176</a> So in my campaign you will have an absurd amount of freedom in character creation. I am not a RAW or RAI DM I am more RAF DM. (For new players that's&nbsp; R ules&nbsp; A s&nbsp; W ritten,&nbsp; R ules&nbsp; A s&nbsp; I ntended and&nbsp; R ules&nbsp; A s&nbsp; F un ) As far as your character goes, as long as it is Fantasy and not Sci-Fantasy, and no guns and such I will work with you. I allow Homebrew classes and races. If you have something you always wanted to play and it doesn't exist in the books I will work with you. We will find what you need from the many classes and abilities available across the many source books out there for 5E and mesh what we need to make it work and then I will turn that into a homebrew class just for you. I don't know how else to broad stroke that any more. I am not concerned about power gamers, if I feel that's what you are attempting I will discuss it with you and go from there. I don't believe that would be a problem though considering the freedom you will have in character creation, barring the ridiculous of course.&nbsp; I currently have a Lizardfolk Wizard and an in game homebrewed Monk/Barbarian type (haven't nailed down a name for his class yet) and would take too many words to completely describe his character, but he loves it and that's all that matters. I am hoping for (but not requiring) something ranger-ish, rogue-ish along with someone with combat skills. That is not meant as a limitation hence the ish they are many ways&nbsp; to achieve these -ishs. The world you will be in is called TyrrNeen. Some of the continents were named by players and yes some areas look plain We&nbsp; because I have yet to fill them in the campaign will determine their structure as we go. I feed off character RP and interaction. My players unknowingly give me hooks and twists all the time. I come prepared for nothing to go as planned ever. The world is a living world and moves and progresses with you. If you pass up or miss information it is possible that event will be gone forever. The things you do have an impact, always, even though you may not see it for many sessions. I know this post probably isn't the norm but I'm not the norm and I want you to have a decent understanding of what it means to play in our world. There are floating continents/islands, airships, possible planar adventures, Ancient civilizations and soooo much more. Evolution in our world comes through magic and dwarven style technology. Again I don't mix sci fi and fantasy, I will leave that for when I'm ready to run a Shadowrun campaign outside of this one.&nbsp; Yes I love Shadowrun, I bought it when it first came out. Thank you for taking the time to read all this. If you are interested here's some more pertinent information. Communication:&nbsp;Discord, we have a server setup for text and voice chat. We have a section for text RP outside of normal session. Frequency/Duration:&nbsp;Sat 6pm CST each week. Runtime 3 hours + we usually average 5 hour sessions but have gone as long as 6 and half hours. I don't do applications Join Request Info asked for below is so I can see how we mesh. Supply the info you feel you would like to, just be yourself please. What Class(es) do you want to play What Species(race) do you want to play - has NO affect on class just curious What would be your second choice for character class(es) Why do you want to join this campaign - not looking for an essay Your time zone What makes you reliable How long have you played D&amp;D Are currently in a group What makes you a good fit for any group
What Class(es) do you want to play Ranger, fighter, rogue, or barbarian, depending on what the group needs What Species(race) do you want to play - has NO affect on class just curious Some custom species, the DM has as much say as they prefer as far as the stats. I've been thinking about making an amphibious merperson or a modified dragonborn. What would be your second choice for character class(es) Any of the above would work fine Why do you want to join this campaign - not looking for an essay When playing, I'm very descriptive and enthusiastic. Following through with storylines and working as a team with both my team and DM are important to me for a successful and fair campaign. This strikes me as the kind of atmosphere that would encourage that. Your time zone GMT-6 What makes you reliable Monday is my day off and I have a room set up for streaming/gaming to remove distractions for extended periods of time. I play casually but take the campaign itself seriously. How long have you played D&amp;D I started playing in 2015 and have recently participated in several campaigns and completed a one-shot. I learned playing IRL but just learned how to use Roll20 Are currently in a group I am not anymore What makes you a good fit for any group The values and expectations listed above match the ones I hold personally. I'm not looking for competition or in-team strife, just a group of PCs to get to know and adventure with. The description of the world has a good tone and I'm intrigued by it. This seems like a world I could have fun in and contribute to.
Join Request What Class(es) do you want to play. &nbsp; &nbsp; I don't &nbsp;know the certain the name of the class but I would like to play something like a "Witcher".... more into a sword fighter with a little bit of magic... &nbsp; &nbsp; Another one could be kind of a ranger. What Species(race) do you want to play - has NO affect on class just curious &nbsp; &nbsp; ELF What would be your second choice for character class(es) &nbsp; &nbsp; Sorcerer or a Monk Why do you want to join this campaign - not looking for an essay &nbsp; &nbsp; I´m looking for a RP-DND base campaign. This would be my second or third game of dnd, have not finished any but I really liked the game and the RP.&nbsp; Your time zone &nbsp; &nbsp; CST Mexico.&nbsp; What makes you reliable &nbsp; &nbsp; I´m supper friendly, I prefer to go in party in the games rather than go by enemy. Open minded and open to learn more about the game and RP. Not a conflict &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; guy, just looking for a party to enjoy the game and have a lot of fun.&nbsp; How long have you played D&amp;D &nbsp; &nbsp; Like 6-8 months in different campaigns &nbsp; Are currently in a group &nbsp; &nbsp; No What makes you a good fit for any group &nbsp; &nbsp; I know how to relate with people, I'm &nbsp;open minded, suggest do and don'ts , but always put together all the information of the squad for the benefit of everybody.&nbsp;
Hello I would like to Join your campaign. I have played a few sessions of 4th and I am fairly new to D&amp;D 5th edition but I picked it up quick. I’m easy to get along with and I Prefer to be your friend rather than your enemy. Role playing something I’d like to do and I’ve done quit a few in some one shot sessions already. 1 year of 4th 1month of 5th My time zone is PST- California&nbsp; best days for me would be Fridays - Sunday Despite my lack of lack of experience I can provide creativity an open mind along with an amazing Character arc. I plan on playing fighter,Druid,bard, or a ranger and the race I’d like to play is a Home-brew Lycan (werewolf) race. I really like to dive deep into a character and explore strengths and weaknesses beyond combat having characters That are not invincible Characters with very clear limits and Must overcome those limits to complete the task at hand. &nbsp; thankYou for your consideration I hope to here from you soon
Hello my name Is Max. I would like to play an artificer rogue flavored as a rogue with all the right tools for the job. As for race, I was thinking tabaxi that used to be a human. using the regular tabaxi race stuff. As for my second class choice, I'd have to go with warlock. As for why I want to join this campaign. The week days are a good time for me and I like to hang out with people from the convivence of my own home. My time zone is EST, so a pretty good match. I'm reliable because I have alot of free time on the weekends and not much work. I played DnD for around 2 years now as both a player and a DM. I'm not currently in a group as my last DM is taking a break from DnD for life stuff. What makes me a good fit for most groups is I like to take charge of situations and come up with out've the box ideas when the group get stuck on things. I also don't mind sharing resources like gold and magic items with teammates to help them with characters goals or to help get'em out've trouble.
Hi, if your still looking for people id love to play What Class(es) do you want to play. Cleric, fighter, or sorcerer are my main interests but im happy to play pretty much any class because i still havent played them all. What Species(race) do you want to play - has NO affect on class just curious. Not one of the main or "common" species stated in the phb. I like playing rarer, different species (tiefling, dragonborn, aasimar etc) What would be your second choice for character class(es). Anything not mentioned above,&nbsp; Why do you want to join this campaign - not looking for an essay. I used to play with a group irl but i dont get the chance to play with them much anymore cause they are often busy and i miss playing dnd. Your time zone. AET (australian eastern time) GMT +11 What makes you reliable. I currently have nothing on during weekends and am free to play for however long we want. If something important does come up ill either try and move it so i can make the game or ill let you know ahead of time if i cant move it. How long have you played D&amp;D. Ive played for about 2ish years i think, mostly being a player. ive mostly done oneshots and been in 2 campaigns, one irl and one on roll20. Are currently in a group. Yes im still in a campaign on roll20 and the irl game is technically still going but the dm hasnt had a game in about 6 months. I also still do oneshots with my irl group just not as often as i used to What makes you a good fit for any group. Im a friendly and chill guy just looking to play dnd with some chill people. im a bit shy and not too confident on RP but im learning to be better at it.
What Class(es) do you want to play sorcerer or rogue What Species(race) do you want to play - has NO affect on class just curious I'm hoping to play a devil race I've homebrewed, but if it doesn't work out I can settle on using stuff from Grim Hollow What would be your second choice for character class(es) wizard/fighter/paladin Why do you want to join this campaign - not looking for an essay Just looking for a campaign that has some flexibility for allowing homebrew as I've played in too many RAW communities. Your time zone GMT+2, but the campaign time works for me perfectly What makes you reliable Being on point and having the ability to discuss things whenever something happens How long have you played D&amp;D A couple of years Are currently in a group Yes, I am, but due to our DM having to move away we play more rarely now. What makes you a good fit for any group I'm chill, good at roleplaying and investing myself into a world, good at discussing differences in opinion as well as coming to a conclusion (being mature)
What Class(es) do you want to play fighter, rogue, warlock, barbarian, cleric, paladins. Whatever is needed other than those damned mages(too many spells) What Species(race) do you want to play - has NO effect on a class just curious Basically any race, I am partial to tieflings though.&nbsp; What would be your second choice for character class(es) &nbsp; fighter, rogue, warlock, barbarian, cleric, paladins. Whatever is needed&nbsp; other than those damned mages(too many spells) Why do you want to join this campaign - not looking for an essay All my friends are busy with college and I just wanna play some damn D&amp;D. Your time zone CST What makes you reliable I have nothing else to do because COVID scares me and I'm taking easy classes in college because business major. How long have you played D&amp;D I've played pathfinder for 4 years and D&amp;D for 3 years. Are currently in a group Yes? I'm the dm for my friend group but we don't play consistently due to their lives being busy. What makes you a good fit for any group I am decent at fitting in with any group, I can kinda roleplay, I'm chill so long as I'm not playing league of legends in solo queue, I'm semi-creative granted most of my ideas aren't great but, that's what brainstorming is for, and I'm flexible when it comes to most things.