Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

New Fallout TTRPG Character Sheet

So Modiphius has put out the pre-order for their new Fallout TTRPG (Link Here ) As part of this, at least with Table Bundle and despite not saying it on the website, I got the PDF of the Core Rulebook. As much as I bought the product because I'm a huge Fallout fan, I'm mostly a D&D 5e player and have got quite custom to Roll20 and don't expect to be playing in person soon anyway. I'm a programmer myself and use a lot of the inbuilt API as well as a few little custom scripts, but before I go full steam and start writing a character sheet myself I thought I'd see if anyone else knows about or is interested in making a sheet for this game.  TLDR; Looking for people who are intending to or want to write a character sheet for the new Fallout TTRPG 
I'm hoping for a compendium and official sheet, but not holding my breath. I ran a homebrew Fallout campaign that was a blast, but I didn't have the bandwidth to fully complete it. I'd love to port it over to the official rules, but I don't have the bandwidth to tackle the sheet design and rolls.
There's no indication it's going to have support for any VTT which is why I'm looking out to the community to get something going.  I don't have the knowledge currently to do it all myself, but I could given some time. I'd just rather work with people on it than do it solo. 

Edited 1617323160
I'm in a similar boat. Developer, and I've played around with custom sheets for 5e, but haven't done enough to feel confident that I could turn out a Fallout sheet in a reasonable time given my other time commitments. Mophidius does have some (non-compendium) items in the Marketplace for other IPs, but yeah...a community sheet seems the most likely bet.
I've started working on this now (yay for bank holidays in the UK)  I've got a rudimentary prototype of the first page which at current are; Stores players name, XP, origin, level, abilities and skills inc. tagging skills Manual entry for the melee damage, defence and initiative Manual entry for the armour DR and HP Ability to manually add weapons with drop-down lists for easy data entry(fieldset) I'm currently fiddling with the CSS to make the page look somewhat readable to other humans, but my next list of things to do are; Add the ability to make rolls from the sheet when selecting skills or abilities Auto-calculate melee damage, defence and initiative from abilities Add the 2nd page of the character sheet Ammo, Gear and Perks/Traits are all repeatable sections similar to the weapons table from page 1, so should be easy enough to add Only calculations on this page are for carry weight and current carry weight which are simple enough maths  Aside from the CSS/HTML styling, which is not my skillset, actually getting things set up so far hasn't been so bad. I'm fairly confident I'll have a working sheet up in the next couple of weeks given how this has been going so far. Once I have something fairly usable I'll post it up for others to take a look at.
Good luck man, I'll keep an eye out for it.
You might take a look at the Star Trek Adventures  sheets to see how another 2d20 system handled rolling from the sheet.
Glad to see someone working on a sheet. It means a lot, especially since my group is in the process of setting up a game here on Roll20! So at the very least, I want to give a thank you from my group.
Thank you for the effort and best of luck, I wonder if/how you could make the d6s work with their pictures and how those effects work. Can't wait to test the early sheers with Big Boss and the rest of our group. Joshua G. said: I've started working on this now (yay for bank holidays in the UK)  I've got a rudimentary prototype of the first page which at current are; Stores players name, XP, origin, level, abilities and skills inc. tagging skills Manual entry for the melee damage, defence and initiative Manual entry for the armour DR and HP Ability to manually add weapons with drop-down lists for easy data entry(fieldset) I'm currently fiddling with the CSS to make the page look somewhat readable to other humans, but my next list of things to do are; Add the ability to make rolls from the sheet when selecting skills or abilities Auto-calculate melee damage, defence and initiative from abilities Add the 2nd page of the character sheet Ammo, Gear and Perks/Traits are all repeatable sections similar to the weapons table from page 1, so should be easy enough to add Only calculations on this page are for carry weight and current carry weight which are simple enough maths  Aside from the CSS/HTML styling, which is not my skillset, actually getting things set up so far hasn't been so bad. I'm fairly confident I'll have a working sheet up in the next couple of weeks given how this has been going so far. Once I have something fairly usable I'll post it up for others to take a look at.
What the (good)  Star Trek Adventures  sheet does is require a rollable table named "Challenge-Dice" with the entries 1,2,0,0,1+Effect,1+Effect. You then just tell the sheet to roll on that table X times. You could hardcode in the table and make it use images instead of the above, but all you'll really get out of it is a very small amount of aesthetics and some annoyance. Michael H. said: I wonder if/how you could make the d6s work with their pictures and how those effects work. 
Thanks for all the goodwill guys. I'll be sure to check out the Star Trek Adventures sheet and see how they're doing things. As for the d6 image thing I've got an idea for how to do that, but it's at the end of the list of things to do as it's a visual thing. Just a reminder I am doing this in my own free time so ETA is very much "it's done when it's done" I will do my best to provide updates when I've got more to add :)
I'm interested but haven't messed with HTML or any other coding in over a decade.
Glad your making up a character sheet template for this.  I hope the new Fallout gets a lot of interest. I just bought the game and have started reading through the pdf, in preparation of running a game. My DM has been using roll20 for our Pathfinder game during C-virus, and I would want to use it too for Fallout. Unfortunately, unless roll20 added a new Fallout Modiphius TTRPG character sheet template to their list of available sheets, I'll probably just use the tokens for movement and not character sheets with all their functionality :( .  Unless I am wrong, I would have to have a PRO membership to import in a custom character sheet template like Joshua is looking to create. Best of luck Joshua.
For those wishing to run a game before this sheet (or any sheet, really) is ready for the Fallout 2d20 system, you can set up the following macro even as a Free-level user: &{template:default} {{name=Fallout 2d20 Roller}} {{Number of Successes=[[?{How many d20s|0}d20<[[?{SPECIAL|0}+?{Skill|0}]]cs1cf20]]}} Make it available to All Players and you're golden. You will still have to manually check to see if you got a non-1 crit if a skill is tagged, but it's still far faster than rolling and doing all the checks manually. You can also set up another macro for Combat Dice: /roll ?{Number of Dice|0}t[Combat-Dice] This requires a Combat-Dice table that looks like this:
Thanks to everyone working/helping on the sheets.  I'm interested to help..... so far have failed miserably at coding.
hope it goes well, I've been wanting to run a game for a while
Damage dice rolled
I just got the PDF to the game, so color me interested! Hoped that there would be any official supplement for Roll20 would be released or at least mentioned for preorder by now. Keep up the good work, and g'luck from my group! 
I saw there is a Fallout 2d20 sheet already available... Robert B made one and it seems to work pretty good from what we've seen. Have you tried it?
Yeah someone beat me to it and released a sheet on Roll20 already that is way better than what I was working on! I got a bit backlogged 2bh with life, work etc.  I'd recommend going and using that as it seems pretty good at the moment.
Where can I find the link to the Fallout 2D20 character sheet?
Richard T. said: Where can I find the link to the Fallout 2D20 character sheet? I'm not sure about a link to a page, but if you want to check the sheet out you can just make a new game and look for it in the list of available character sheets.