Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][FREE][5E] Looking for 1 more player. Long term-High level-World Campaign. Huge Character creation freedom...Old School DM...Saturdays 6p CST

Let's start this off with the simple rules: &nbsp;1) must be 18+ years old, 2) There is NO discrimination, diversity is awesome, 3) this is a Fantasy game so NO real world politics discussions, 4) This is about roleplaying and teamwork and having fun. 5) We help each other not belittle one another. &nbsp;6)&nbsp; If you intend or have designs on monopolizing control of the game please don't apply . 7) If you have a problem you talk with me first and we work it out like adults. 8) Bigotry is FORBIDDEN.&nbsp;(NO using RP as an excuse for blatant bigotry.) Problem players will be asked to leave or be kicked.&nbsp;&nbsp; ALSO IF YOU ARE A RULES LAWYER STOP HERE AND HAVE A NICE DAY, same goes for DM's who have a habit of pushing their format on other DMs. If you are a DM and truly want to play and not critique at every turn then&nbsp; by all means &nbsp;read on. Sorry if that seems harsh but I talk straight, to old to do otherwise. I am all about RP and fun not whether the rules say this or that, as long as we are having fun I'm chill. If you RP well not everything has to be rolled out. So as I live and learn. I am actively searching for 3 players who want to RP and are serious about joining a long term campaign and can commit to meetings and involvement. I invest a lot of my time into my campaign because I enjoy it. I invest a lot of time in incorporating ALL of my players backstories into the world and campaign because I enjoy that as well.&nbsp; Here's link to one if my original posts for more info <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9801868/lfp-d-and-d-5e-free-update-need-two-more-at-least-old-school-dm-looking-for-players-new-or-veterans-for-a-world-campaign/?pageforid=9810176#post-9810176" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9801868/lfp-d-and-d-5e-free-update-need-two-more-at-least-old-school-dm-looking-for-players-new-or-veterans-for-a-world-campaign/?pageforid=9810176#post-9810176</a> So in my campaign you will have an absurd amount of freedom in character creation. I am not a RAW or RAI DM I am more RAF DM. (For new players that's&nbsp; R ules&nbsp; A s&nbsp; W ritten,&nbsp; R ules&nbsp; A s&nbsp; I ntended and&nbsp; R ules&nbsp; A s&nbsp; F un ) As far as your character goes, as long as it is Fantasy and not Sci-Fantasy, and no guns and such I will work with you. I allow Homebrew classes and races. If you have something you always wanted to play and it doesn't exist in the books I will work with you. We will find what you need from the many classes and abilities available across the many source books out there for 5E and mesh what we need to make it work and then I will turn that into a homebrew class just for you. I don't know how else to broad stroke that any more. I am not concerned about power gamers, if I feel that's what you are attempting I will discuss it with you and go from there. I don't believe that would be a problem though considering the freedom you will have in character creation, barring the ridiculous of course.&nbsp; I currently have a Lizardfolk Wizard and an in game homebrewed Monk/Barbarian type (haven't nailed down a name for his class yet) and would take too many words to completely describe his character, but he loves it and that's all that matters. I am hoping for (but not requiring) something ranger-ish, rogue-ish along with someone with combat skills. That is not meant as a limitation hence the ish they are many ways&nbsp; to achieve these -ishs. The world you will be in is called TyrrNeen. Some of the continents were named by players and yes some areas look plain We&nbsp; because I have yet to fill them in the campaign will determine their structure as we go. I feed off character RP and interaction. My players unknowingly give me hooks and twists all the time. I come prepared for nothing to go as planned ever. The world is a living world and moves and progresses with you. If you pass up or miss information it is possible that event will be gone forever. The things you do have an impact, always, even though you may not see it for many sessions. I know this post probably isn't the norm but I'm not the norm and I want you to have a decent understanding of what it means to play in our world. There are floating continents/islands, airships, possible planar adventures, Ancient civilizations and soooo much more. Evolution in our world comes through magic and dwarven style technology. Again I don't mix sci fi and fantasy, I will leave that for when I'm ready to run a Shadowrun campaign outside of this one.&nbsp; Yes I love Shadowrun, I bought it when it first came out. Thank you for taking the time to read all this. If you are interested here's some more pertinent information. Communication:&nbsp;Discord, we have a server setup for text and voice chat. We have a section for text RP outside of normal session. Frequency/Duration:&nbsp;Sat 6pm CST each week. Runtime 3 hours + we usually average 5 hour sessions but have gone as long as 6 and half hours. I don't do applications Join Request Info asked for below is so I can see how we mesh. Supply the info you feel you would like to, just be yourself please. What Class(es) do you want to play What Species(race) do you want to play - has NO affect on class just curious What would be your second choice for character class(es) Why do you want to join this campaign - not looking for an essay Your time zone What makes you reliable How long have you played D&amp;D Are currently in a group What makes you a good fit for any group
What Class(es) do you want to play: A Whisperblade (Bard/Hexblade MC) What Species(race) do you want to play: Eladrin elf or possibly half-elf or possibly kalashtar What would be your second choice for character class(es): Rogue/Wizard Why do you want to join this campaign: Sounds like a campaign I would enjoy, open world, RAC is in effect, lots of interesting lore and things going on to interact with. Your time zone: EST What makes you reliable: A DM myself of many years and many systems so I get how important reliability is. How long have you played D&amp;D: 40+ years Are currently in a group: Yes, I run a Sunday game and am a player in a Friday night Avernus game. What makes you a good fit for any group: I am laid back and easy going and bring a good sense of humour with me to the table. Additional Info: My discord is GrimCanuck#2331, add me and we can talk. I am always on discord in some fashion :)

Edited 1617349929
Well met, SchadowKnyght.&nbsp; I'd love to speak with you and see if we fit as player and DM, and could craft some stories worth living for. I'm available easiest at 3NDL3SS#4975 on Discord. Thank you! Join Request Info asked for is below. What Class(es) do you want to play &nbsp; &nbsp; I'd be open to whatever the party needs, but I'd be happiest with Fighter or Cleric. What Species(race) do you want to play - has NO affect on class just curious &nbsp; &nbsp; I've always wanted to play a centaur. There are official rules for it. However, I'd like to be a Half-orc to make things easy and straightforward. What would be your second choice for character class(es) &nbsp; &nbsp; Sorcerer is a fun class. Why do you want to join this campaign - not looking for an essay &nbsp; &nbsp; I'm hoping to be part of an amazing story. I'd be proud to be a player at a table I could tell someone about. Your time zone &nbsp; &nbsp; MST, free Saturdays. What makes you reliable &nbsp; &nbsp; I invest months in my characters, and the friends I meet at the table. I'm reliable out of respect for their time. How long have you played D&amp;D &nbsp; &nbsp; Two years, majority in person. Are currently in a group &nbsp; &nbsp; No. What makes you a good fit for any group &nbsp; &nbsp; I do my best to make the table inviting, and work with other players. I have fun when the group has fun, and I'm about as laid back as I figure I can be.

Edited 1617363986
What Class(es) do you want to play: Anything that fits.&nbsp; What Species(race) do you want to play: I like playing non-human characters, different from the rest of the group, because it tends to give more context to roleplay off of. Why do you want to join this campaign: You sound cool. Your take on roleplaying sounds similar to my own. Your time zone: WIB (- yeah, it's not the US. Deal with it.) What makes you reliable: I show up at the time agreed and can stay in game for an additional 16 hours. (Might need toilet and food breaks here and there...) How long have you played D&amp;D: I haven't. I've acquired some familiarity with it through games like Pillars of Eternity and watching Critical Role. I have played other roleplaying games, though. Are currently in a group: Nope. Let me in and you'll be the one! What makes you a good fit for any group: I'm a team player, myself. I'm a good listener with a good attention span. I like to see where the story is going. I'm interested in the world I play in. I like to play characters that are social and supportive of their teams. I would love to get a PM if you want to set up a talk on Discord, WhatsApp or whatever. Thanks. Carluz
What Class(es) do you want to play: Whatever is needed/wanted I have builds for just about anything What Species(race) do you want to play - has NO affect on class just curious: not sure really depends on the class I go for What would be your second choice for character class(es): I love warlocks Why do you want to join this campaign - not looking for an essay: Seeking a good group of people to hang with and I enjoy RP with combat mix. Your time zone: PST What makes you reliable: I never miss a game and make and have plenty of time How long have you played D&amp;D: on and off since 2e days Are currently in a group: Yes but not on Sat. I have one on Sun,Wed,thur What makes you a good fit for any group: I am easy to get along with