Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll dice as character

Tealk
Pro
Sheet Author
Hello all is there a way to roll as a character without changing the "as" in chat? We have a round in which we play several characters and the change between the rolls is always very tiring.
Gold
Forum Champion
there's a chat command that pretty-much does that, I think: /as /emas but those commands are only available to GM's not to players, but as a PRO you can install an API Script that lets players do it too using !emas
Tealk
Pro
Sheet Author
Yes that with the /as I had also seen, but that with the GM only is the problem and I would like to make the sheet usable without API's.
Gold
Forum Champion
Do the sheets have dice-buttons on them? If yes -- Drag-and-drop the button from the (each) Sheet, onto the Macro Quick Bar.  It'll show initially with a long funny ID name, you can right-click and RE-name it, to name's like: Sword from Bob's Sheet Sword from Shannon's sheet Crossbow from Leroy's sheet If not you may still be able to program/write such macros, it would be using the ID to specify a known-character that has a sheet.
Tealk
Pro
Sheet Author
But then the correct name is not displayed when rolling the dice?
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
What sheet are you using? Many sheets use roll templates which have the character name in them already...?
Tealk
Pro
Sheet Author
I write the character sheet myself, but then you have a name duplication, for example: Tealk: Character name: Dice roll
When we're rolling multiple characters, we set the Player Name for the "speaking as" and use the roll template to output the character name. So you'll see Player Name - Roll details - Character Name.
Tealk
Pro
Sheet Author
Chris said: When we're rolling multiple characters, we set the Player Name for the "speaking as" and use the roll template to output the character name. So you'll see Player Name - Roll details - Character Name. I would actually like to avoid this because I don't find it visually attractive.
Is there an API which automatically changes the "as" to a token when you select it?
Gold
Forum Champion
Farling said: Is there an API which automatically changes the "as" to a token when you select it? These 2 kinda do that: (e.g. assuming user select a Token and run !This-API-Command with proper configuration, then yes it speaks as the token) ColorEmote API script Script API script