Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Please I have a game tomorrow and a Character sheet the is AOL

I will try to make this compact:  I have a paid account (P) and a Free account (F).   F is used for playing, and P for managing the Character sheets.  I use Character Vault to store my PFS sheets.   I export them from the Vault to PlayTest to upgrade them, I then use the Vault to import the sheets from PlayTest back to the Vault.  All of this is done under P.  I set the sheets to controlled by "All Players".  I have imported the sheet for tomorrow from PlayTest to the Vault using P.  I can see it in the Vault with P.  BUT P can not see the game I am playing tomorrow (so I can not export from the Vault to the game).  AND if I go in with F I can see the game, BUT not the sheet.    Please can anyone push me into the solution??  I put in a Support request and they have not gotten back to me.   I have used this swap back and forth between P and F and F has always been able to get to the sheets after I have edited them.  
Hi Greg, Sorry to hear you're having these problems with the Character Vault. I just want to clarify: your Paid account (P) has a character you are unable to export into a game? If this is the case, could you please PM me a link to the game you're struggling to access? Thanks!
P can not export to  PFS 2-12: Snakes in the Grass
Sorry, Greg, I'm a little confused. You say that the character sheet is in the vault of your paid account. That account does not appear to be in the game you've linked. What happens if you try to import the character from your test game to the free account vault?
Sorry, I did not mean to confuse the situation.   If I sign in with the F account and go to the PCTest site I did not see the Character in the list. (strangely enough two tokens were on the playing field but neither would close out to the Character list.).  That is why when I went to the vault with the F account the character was not in the list of importable characters.   As a side note:  I did go into PCTest last night and spent a lot of time recreating the Character sheet for today's game.  I then imported that sheet to the F account vault and then exported it from the F account Vault to today's game.  So the immediate problem is "Solved".  I hope this does not keep being the way I need to work moving forward. I probably shouldn't post this here, But could Roll20 please look into and implement a feature where you can edit a character sheet in the Vault.  I would really love to see this!!  And two could Roll20 please look into and implement a feature for sharing Vault content with other accounts without having to export the content to a game, then change accounts and re-import it into another account.    As a retired Software development Director, I hope these get into your "User Request Queue" and given a high ranking.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
GregDC said: I probably shouldn't post this here, But could Roll20 please look into and implement a feature where you can edit a character sheet in the Vault.  I would really love to see this!!  And two could Roll20 please look into and implement a feature for sharing Vault content with other accounts without having to export the content to a game, then change accounts and re-import it into another account.    As a retired Software development Director, I hope these get into your "User Request Queue" and given a high ranking. These two fits the Suggestions sub-forums well. Wouldn't be surprised if there exists a suggestion that touches either idea.
Gold
Forum Champion
Riley D, the original lead developer from the advent of Roll20, was planning for that feature, for the site, since years ago. Please add your Comments and Vote +1 if you agree, <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1239660/finish-implementing-the-external-journal-feature" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1239660/finish-implementing-the-external-journal-feature</a> Finish Implementing the EXTERNAL JOURNAL feature.&nbsp; That's what it's called, GregDC.&nbsp; It would be the ability to in-line edit (Characters and Handouts, and Permissions), from the webpage outside the game table.&nbsp; It wouldn't be editing in the Character Vault actually, but instead in the External Journal to similar effect and results. Attention: Nic B &amp; the Roll20 Team GregDC said: could Roll20 please look into and implement a feature where you can edit a character sheet in the Vault.&nbsp;&nbsp;