Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET when saving character sheet

Edited 1405113274
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
Basically, I'm copying one section of my character sheet and pasting it in another section. When I try to save after this, I get the POST error in the title. If I remove the duplicate and try to save, it saves fine. Modifying the duplicate doesn't allow it to save either. The section is nothing but a bunch of attack buttons that all look like this*27 within the same div: <span><button type="roll" name="roll_NPC-repeating_weapon_0_Attack" title="NPC_repeating_weapon_0_Attack" value="/em is attacking with @{repeating_weapon_0_name}! /w gm Attack Result: [[1d20 + (@{repeating_weapon_0_proficiency} + (((@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} + @{repeating_weapon_0_masterwork}) + abs(@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} - @{repeating_weapon_0_masterwork})) / 2) + @{repeating_weapon_0_attack} + @{repeating_weapon_0_attack-type} + @{armor-proficiency})]] /w gm Damage Result: [[@{repeating_weapon_0_damage-dice-num}d@{repeating_weapon_0_damage-die} + (@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} + @{repeating_weapon_0_damage} + @{repeating_weapon_0_damage-ability})]] /w gm Crit: @{repeating_weapon_0_crit-target}/x@{repeating_weapon_0_crit-multiplier} /w gm Crit Confirm: [[1d20 + (@{repeating_weapon_0_proficiency} + (((@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} + @{repeating_weapon_0_masterwork}) + abs(@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} - @{repeating_weapon_0_masterwork})) / 2) + @{repeating_weapon_0_attack} + @{repeating_weapon_0_attack-type} + @{armor-proficiency})]] /w gm Crit Damage: +[[(@{repeating_weapon_0_damage-dice-num} * (@{repeating_weapon_0_crit-multiplier} - 1))d@{repeating_weapon_0_damage-die} + ((@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} + @{repeating_weapon_0_damage} + @{repeating_weapon_0_damage-ability}) * (@{repeating_weapon_0_crit-multiplier} - 1))]] /w gm Type: @{repeating_weapon_0_type} /w gm Notes: @{repeating_weapon_0_notes}"></button></span> Anyone have any ideas how this could be breaking save? Edit: Upon further debugging, I got another POST error: 413 (Request Entity Too Large). I might just not be able to put these buttons in. Regardless, I'd like to know if there is a technical limit to the character sheets since this error is being thrown. Edit 2: I should point out that it previews just fine and doesn't look broken. I'm pretty sure my HTML is formatted correctly too. This might just be an issue with custom sheets? I'd test that by submitting the sheet anyway and seeing how it goes but, that sounds dangerous. Edit 3: Removing everything but the NPC section of the sheet allows me to save. It might actually be a length capacity issue. Edit 4: So, assuming it's really a length issue, if I put the sheet on the repo and try to use it then, will it still fail or does using a sheet from the drop down work differently? I'd like to know if I should be making drastic changes to the sheet or work on it piecemeal and attach everything together in the end.
Oh wow, yeah error 413 means you are submitting too much POST data. Submitting it via Github should work fine, though, but that's going to cause issues for anyone who wants to take your code and try to customize it for themselves. Do you know how to use the Network Tools tab in the Dev Tools for your browser? If so you should be able to see the "size" of the POST request when it's failing. Maybe I can increase the limit...
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
I'll give that a look today when I get a chance.
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
For some reason, the error's not showing up in the console when it fails. I might have to try this on another computer tomorrow.
It may not show up in the console, but if you look on the "Network" tab you should see a red connection failed line, that tells you about it.
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
Nothing had shown there either. I'll try when I get to work.
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
Size of POST on fail: 1102977 (bytes?) Size of POST on success: 937218 Size difference of 165759 bytes (probably)
So right around 1 MB it's failing. Interesting. I'll see what I can do.