Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

The Aaron's Walls API Help

Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
I'm using walls and I'm exporting my SVG from Inkscape and I get this message: I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, or if there's a specific setting I need to set in Inkscape...? I used to use Gimp, but it's having problems on Mac currently making it difficult if not unusable. :(
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I only wrote it to support the SVG's GIMP generates, so it's not a full SVG parser.  I want to revisit it at some point and make it work for many more SVG formats, but I've not gotten around to it yet.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Cool. I appreciate the response. I'll try to find a Windows machine and try Gimp again. I love that API by the way...the one I use the most.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
No problem, glad to hear it's useful to you! GIMP-2.10 is working fine on my Mac, I installed it via Homebrew and have it updated nightly via a Jenkins task.  Hope you get it working.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
I'm using that version, but when I select something, I can't see the "marching ants" of the selection so it's all guess work on if it got everything. I'm running Big Sur and have seen other reports of the same issue...?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I'll be darned!  You're right!?!?!!  If you want to PM me the inkscape files you're using, I'll see if I can get the parser working.  It's probably as easy as handling the 'g' node.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
File Sent. Thanks. :)