Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

sheets have been behaving strangely for weeks

Tealk
Pro
Sheet Author
Hello i notice that since weeks the character sheets behave very strange. in the sandbox everything looks great, but as soon as the character sheet is live fields move, input fields are not filled anymore and so on. Can anyone else confirm this? Currently I can reproduce the behavior with the aborea_neu and butterflyaspekt arc. Here is an example of the aborea character sheet: - The attributes are not displayed, although they are stored as values - race and class are overlaid live: sandbox:

Edited 1618476113
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Looks like the sheet is running in the new CSE mode by default. (there isn't a "legacy": "true" option in the sheet.json ) and there seems to be quite a few issues with the CSE update that still need to be resolved... ;-( One issue is that previously working formatting is getting overridden by roll20's base.css  You can try including .charsheet  to your classes in the css.  Specifically the to classes where you are noting the issues. Cheers

Edited 1618479388
Tealk
Pro
Sheet Author
thanks for the info @ ∇ince , i will install the legacy switch. but i still don't quite understand what the problem with the input fields should be

Edited 1618480208
Tealk
Pro
Sheet Author
there is probably also a problem with "grid-template-areas"?

Edited 1618521406
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Basically, some css specificity that works under legacy no longer works under CSE.  Adding .charsheet or similarly including a root wrapper and including it in your css classes should allow the sheet to regain the specificity we had under legacy mode.  Clear as mud? ;-)
Tealk
Pro
Sheet Author
The problem is that the inspector doesn't show any css code that would override mine, at least in this particular case. i already added a root wrapper, but that didn't fix this particular bug
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Gotcha. There's definitely some strangeness happening with this update.

Edited 1618551639
Tealk
Pro
Sheet Author
yes also with the input fields I then get an "undefined_undefined_xx" attribute, xx is then the correct name of the field have tested different variants but always the same result <input type="number" name="attr_st"> <input type="number" id="attr_st" name="attr_st">