Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

show health bars and token names to players by default

Hello I used roll20 for curse of strahd a few years ago and came back to it in late 2020 for another module. A few things had changed like the token options so i did not realise until now that my players could not see the token names or health bars of my NPCs, as i had intended for this module. Are there any campaign-wide settings I can turn on to show these? I know I can click on the individual tokens to say 'Player - See' for names and bars, i would prefer not to do this for every token as I have prepped a ton of the module. Thank you
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Change them in the default settings portion of your campaigns settings play. This will affect new content. To affect existing content, then go into the game to the settings tab. at the bottom of the tab under experimental features, you will find the option to apply to in-game content. Be patient, it will take a few minutes, and the progress bar is thin and easy to miss. This will catch everything but saved default tokens. To test the results, use a  Dummy Account .
keithcurtis said: Change them in the default settings portion of your campaigns settings play. This will affect new content. To affect existing content, then go into the game to the settings tab. at the bottom of the tab under experimental features, you will find the option to apply to in-game content. Be patient, it will take a few minutes, and the progress bar is thin and easy to miss. This will catch everything but saved default tokens. To test the results, use a  Dummy Account . Wow, I had no idea that was what that button was next to transmog, I thought it was some sort of QA restore button.  Thanks for that lil tip!
Thank you both this seems to have worked!