Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Resetting negative outcome into 0

Edited 1619573203
Hello, I was trying to make an EXP calculator for the game, I didn't use the Attribute modifier yet. I'm testing the outcome with normal dice roll. But whatever the outcome, it's always zero showed by the inline, even if the roll was above 3. I'm not very good with math operators and dice reference other than plus and minus. Am I missing something? Here's the Code I was trying to run: [[ {0d0 , 0d0 + -3 - 1d10}kh1 ]] Thank you in advance!
You’ve got it set up to take the higher of either 0 or “0 minus 3 minus 1d10”. “0 minus 3 minus 1d10” will always be negative, which will always be lower than 0. Since 0 will be higher than a negative number, that’s the number that is kept.  What are you trying to do with this roll?

Edited 1619576986
I was trying to make an EXP calculator. By using ingame difficulty button (using character), where when the player attempt an action, they will click the button to determine the roll and exp outcome The EXP outcome based on the button: EXP @(target|exp} attribute - the character @{selected|Advancement} attribute. But before testing the Attribute, I'm using the regular roll to test the macros, in-hope that if it work, I can use it to calculate other thing too.