Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D 5E on Roll20: permanently adjusting specific attributes to roll with advantage

I am trying to adjust my character sheet to have the intelligence saving throw roll with advantage due to a particular item that my PC acquired. After searching through the forums I saw several claims saying "it's not possible." However, I discovered how..... sorta. The default template for the  "intelligence_save_roll" attribute is as follows: @{wtype}&{ template:simple } {{ rname =^{intelligence-save-u}}} {{mod=@{intelligence_save_bonus}}} {{r1=[[@{d 20}+ @{intelligence_save_ bonus}@ {pbd_safe}]]}} {{normal=1}} {{global=@{global_save_mod}}} @{charname_output}   this draws in the "d20" attribute which rolls a single d20 When you use the advantage toggle feature, it becomes: @{wtype}&{template:simple} {{rname=^{intelligence-save-u}}} {{mod=@{intelligence_save_bonus}}} {{r1=[[@{d20}+@{intelligence_save_bonus}@{pbd_safe}]]}} @{advantagetoggle}+@{intelligence_save_bonus}@{pbd_safe}]]}} {{global=@{global_save_mod}}} @{charname_output} so, i replaced "d20" with a custom attribute, GSS, which is an acronym for the item I have. GSS is as follows: {@{d20},@{d20}}kh1 So, this works temporarily. If I ever use advantage toggle at the top of the character sheet for advantage or disadvantage, then it restores the default "d20" in place of "GSS".  How do I get GSS to remain AND still be able to use advantage toggle? Or is that even possible?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Where are you entering this step: so, i replaced "d20" with a custom attribute, GSS, which is an acronym for the item I have. Because, if you are just creating a standalone ability, just use: @{wtype}&{template:simple} {{rname=^{intelligence-save-u}}} {{mod=@{intelligence_save_bonus}}} {{r1=[[2d20kh1+@{intelligence_save_bonus}@{pbd_safe}]]}} @{advantagetoggle}+@{intelligence_save_bonus}@{pbd_safe}]]}} {{global=@{global_save_mod}}} @{charname_output}
I'm entering it into the intelligence_save_roll attribute. I was wanting to just modify the existing, but it resets every time I toggle advantage. However, I will try creating a standalone attribute like the one you provided. Thank you for the response.
Update:  I entered what you posted, keithcurtis, and it worked! Unfortunately, only in the normal roll status... as soon as I toggled advantage it reset the default Int save attribute. when you toggle back to normal, the default remains, not the template that you posted.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Yeah, that's to be expected, that's why I asked where you were posting it. That attribute is set by a Sheet Worker, I believe. You can't set it and hope for it to stick. I'd suggest posting the code as an ability in the Attributes and Abilities tab. Then use that for Int rolls. The alternative is to do what a lot of folks do and set the sheet to always roll advantage. Then just take the leftmost value unless you have advantage or disadvantage, then choose accordingly. Much faster and less fiddly.