Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help with homebrewed sheet

Edited 1620210038
Hello, I'm working on my first real character sheet. I'm having a problem making a draggable attributes roll pop up selection. The first click either on the journal or on the quick bar always seem to work but the following ones change to standard D&D attributes: <tr> <td> <button name="roll_attributes" type="roll" value="&{template:FAE}{{name=@{name}}}{{effect=?{Attributes|Force,Force: [[1d20+ @{Force}]]|Guile,Guile: [[1d20+ @{Guile}]]|Focus,Focus: [[1d20+ @{focus}]]|Haste,Haste: [[1d20+ @{haste}]]|Intellect,Intellect: [[1d20+ @{intellect}]]|Flair,Flair: [[1d20+ @{flair}]]|Mantle,Mantle: [[1d20+ @{Mantle}]]}}"> </button></td> <td><label>Attributes</label></td> </tr> Thanks for your help and your time.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
I'm not sure what you're asking. By "draggable attributes roll" I'm assuming you're talking about a button the character sheet that can be dragged to the macro quick bar? When you click a second time, what happens? I don't understand the "standard D&D attributes." Do you mean the template completely changes, or there's no template at all? I don't know if these are the problem, but I notice two things off the bat that seem odd: value="&{template:FAE} Why the html code for the ampersand instead of just using an ampersand? And this... {{effect=?{Attributes|Force,Force: [[1d20+ @{Force}]]|Guile,Guile: [[1d20+ @{Guile}]]|Focus,Focus: [[1d20+ @{focus}]]|Haste,Haste: [[1d20+ @{haste}]]|Intellect,Intellect: [[1d20+ @{intellect}]]|Flair,Flair: [[1d20+ @{flair}]]|Mantle,Mantle: [[1d20+ @{Mantle}]]}} Is missing a closing } (there should be three of them, one to close the query and two to close the roll template .

Edited 1620218132
Apologies for my poor wording. I'm very much new to this! The ampersend likely is a copy and paste problem from a sheet from the github I've been using as the basis to learn. As I don't recall making any changes to that particular string or line of code. Sheet in question: <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/Fate_Accelerated" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/Fate_Accelerated</a> As for Attributes, my game uses unique/special attributes/status points (not sure how else to describe these) that have also their own names. Like Strength in D&amp;D or Uniquename from some other games each with their own SRD peculiarities, rules and quirks. So when I dragged the 'Attributes' button to the quick bar for some reason instead of clicking on the sheet, it would pop up the D&amp;D's attributes instead of mine. So I click&nbsp; on the journal the 'Attribute' button and everything works fine with the correct way to roll the dice and using the right names but when I drag that button into the quickbar for some reason it uses the D&amp;D stuff instead. So are you suggesting I edit from the first quoted code into: value="&amp;;{template:FAE} Do a search for the bad code and replace all matches as well? Edit: Also thanks for the 3x } advice I'll try to do the same with those.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
The value should be (the ..., of course, meaning all the other stuff): value="&amp;{template:FAE}..." Is this a fresh character sheet, or one that's adapted from D&amp;D? I ask, because the only way I know of for that to be happening is if the character sheet has another button called&nbsp;roll_attributes. Or if there's a macro somewhere called the same thing with the wrong formula. When you roll it the first time, if you click the up arrow in chat, that'll show you the formula that was used to make that roll. What does that look like? &nbsp;When it makes the wrong roll, do the same thing, and what does that look like? That may help in isolating the issue.

Edited 1620250801
Finderski said: The value should be (the ..., of course, meaning all the other stuff): value="&amp;{template:FAE}..." Thanks so much! I've never been happier seeing the color green my entire life! Everything works now! Yeah it wasn't a fresh sheet. It also wasn't a D&amp;D one. It was a Fate Sheet from the r20 sheet github that had the layout and art that suited best the campaign. I've managed to rework 90% of it but was getting stuck on that bit.&nbsp; I didn't know it was so broken otherwise I'd have picked something else haha I ended up fixing a lot of other stuff like a monkey using tools the first time to open a coconut.