Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Increasing the lighting of a circle of torches

I was seeking some advice on the best way to achieve this effect. The party I have is going to enter a chamber with six unlit torches.  What I want to happen is for all six torches to simultaneously flare up when the final one is lit.  Giving off a brighter light from each of them. Can such a thing be performed? 

Edited 1620328154
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
You could write a tokenmod macro, that when you call, changes the the light-distance for all those torch tokens at the same time, and maybe you even feel like adding an yellow/orange aura/tint to them to also indicate the intensity of the light. To make the turning torches on/off quick, you could also make a TokenMod macro that sets the light distance for the selected token. Here are some macro examples for tokens: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/10000503/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/10000503/</a>
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
If there are no lighting barriers within the chamber, the same effect can be achieved with 7 light tokens. The first 6 tokens are the lower-powered versions that go at the torch locations. The seventh is in the middle of the chamber and is bright enough to overwhelm the light from the other tokens. All the tokens are on the GM layer to start. As a torch is lit, you move the corresponding token from the GM layer to the Map layer. When the sixth torch is lit, you instead move the seventh token from the GM layer to the Map layer. Since it is significantly brighter and overwhelms the other tokens, it gives the impression of all the tokens being enhanced simultaneously.