Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
Create a free account

Does Anyone Still Use the 5e Shaped Sheet?

1625667977
JP
Pro
@Jeremy S. - Not sure if this will work for you but I solved that error by running: !shaped-update-character --all I think that is the right syntax. it will take some time to update all your sheets. <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/wiki/Home#markdown-header-shaped-update-character" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/wiki/Home#markdown-header-shaped-update-character</a>
1625689488
Bran
Pro
Kryx said: The logger issue should be gone as part of 13.9.4 <a href="https://github.com/mlenser/roll20-api-scripts/tree/master/5eShapedScript" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/mlenser/roll20-api-scripts/tree/master/5eShapedScript</a> Not a huge issue but one I thought you should be aware of is when dragging tokens out it is generating this error when the api attempts to roll HP for the creature. "5eShapedScript 1625689336106 ERROR : ReferenceError: sheetInfo is not defined &nbsp; &nbsp; at eval (eval at &lt;anonymous&gt; (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:165:1), &lt;anonymous&gt;:420:35) &nbsp; &nbsp; at String.replace (&lt;anonymous&gt;) &nbsp; &nbsp; at Object.d20.textchat.doChatInput (eval at &lt;anonymous&gt; (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:165:1), &lt;anonymous&gt;:369:29) &nbsp; &nbsp; at sendChat (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1879:16) &nbsp; &nbsp; at Roll20.sendChat (apiscript.js:782:70028) &nbsp; &nbsp; at apiscript.js:782:222455 &nbsp; &nbsp; at Function.each (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/underscore/underscore-umd.js:1335:9) &nbsp; &nbsp; at _$1.&lt;computed&gt; [as each] (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/underscore/underscore-umd.js:1849:39) &nbsp; &nbsp; at NewCharacterConfigurer.value (apiscript.js:782:222082) &nbsp; &nbsp; at NewCharacterConfigurer.value (apiscript.js:782:218187)"
1625690584
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That's the same sheetInfo issue which only Roll20 devs can fix. You'll need to raise the issue with them.
1625706573

Edited 1625708411
So maybe a related issue or something just wrong with my setup. I've gotten all the latest scripts loaded and I am attempting to import spells to a character but nothing is showing up in the sheet at all. There's no error message on the chat or in the API feed. Any idea what could cause this or how to fix? Thanks!! I'm using the command&nbsp;!shaped-spell --relist %7B%7D&nbsp; --Acid Splash from the in chat ui and this is the message that I get from chat: Import Complete Added the following spells: Acid Splash edit* It looks like this is affecting Monster import as well, the importer looks like it's working and reports that it finished but there is nothing in the character sheet. It is affecting the token correctly as the name in the token changes but that is the only thing.&nbsp;
1625727499
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Both issues are documented in Bitbucket: <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/issues/78/monster-import-from-statblock-not-working" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/issues/78/monster-import-from-statblock-not-working</a> <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/issues/77/monster-importer-not-importing-stats" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/issues/77/monster-importer-not-importing-stats</a> Both are likely caused by the sheetInfo issue or&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10209657/sendchat-api-crashing-when-trying-to-access-repeating-attributes" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10209657/sendchat-api-crashing-when-trying-to-access-repeating-attributes</a> &nbsp;so you'll need to raise those issues with Roll20 devs first.
1625753814
JP
Pro
Anyone experiencing these issues please keep it on Roll20's radar.&nbsp; Perhaps posting in the bug report thread linked by Kryx would be a good way to do this?&nbsp; I put in a support ticket with Roll20 also, that may be a good thing to do as well.&nbsp; Make sure to link to the relevant threads so support knows the issues are related.
1626029777
It might be worth noting that All Drag and Drop is broken, not just spells. The DROP pop up doesnt even pop up. Dragging a simple silk rope item from the compendium stopped working in the last 2 weeks.
1626100271

Edited 1626108273
I still use and love this sheet! Thanks so much to all of the authors and contributors &lt;3 &lt;3 &lt;3. If it wasn't for how awesome this sheet is, I would have switched VTT platforms long ago! I am also having the same issues with import of monsters, spells, and from drag and drop from the compendium. Dang Roll20....always making changes that break things.
1626106672
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
To be fair, the sheet has gone over two years without development. Something eventually had to break.
1626109057

Edited 1626722279
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
keithcurtis said: To be fair, the sheet has gone over two years without development. Something eventually had to break. While this is true, the issue was not caused by the developers of the sheet or API and the issue impacts all APIs on this platform that do not find a workaround.
1626112326
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Fair point. I'm mostly amazed that it hasn't happened sooner.
1626275423
JP
Pro
API, which is mostly (entirely?) created and maintained by unpaid volunteers goes unsupported all the time, and it's not often obvious when adding API to a game whether it is still supported or unsupported.&nbsp; I would expect Roll20 to be very motivated to try not to break existing API, and if they do break it (bound to happen, and 2 years without breaking anything is very commendable as you note) they should try to find their mistake and fix it if at all possible.&nbsp; Going above and beyond to make it easier for unpaid volunteers who create such value for the platform seems like it would be the standard.&nbsp; I know the amazing contributions of community pillars lke&nbsp;Kryx, Oosh, The Aaron, Timmaugh, Gigs, you keithcurtis, and many others that make such a difference through Qol improvements, help, API, tricks etc. are the main reason I use this platform.&nbsp; If I remember correctly, this sheet and script are unsupported largely due to exactly the same issue that is breaking the script now: unannounced breaking changes&nbsp;introduced by Roll20 that cause headaches and hours or days of work by the volunteers to identify and fix.&nbsp; The current likely error introduced by Roll20 and potentially breaking even supported API has been identified by those same volunteers and the ball is now in the court of the paid people to fix their error.
1626466122
For the record, I use the Shaped Sheet in many of my games, and its breakage has caused some of my group to consider moving to Foundry since the sheet itself doesnt seem to be supported anymore and we found other reason to move. For the games i run still using the default Roll20 5e sheet, no problems and no moves, yet.&nbsp;
1626535697
Good news! The Shaped sheet seems to be working for me today. All sheets, spells, etc come up and no errors. I didnt change anything sheet wise, so it must have been a Roll20 change? I hope ya'alls experience is the same.
1626558375
Jeff L.
Roll20 Team
Kryx said: Both issues are documented in Bitbucket: <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/issues/78/monster-import-from-statblock-not-working" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/issues/78/monster-import-from-statblock-not-working</a> <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/issues/77/monster-importer-not-importing-stats" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/issues/77/monster-importer-not-importing-stats</a> Both are likely caused by the sheetInfo issue or&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10209657/sendchat-api-crashing-when-trying-to-access-repeating-attributes" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10209657/sendchat-api-crashing-when-trying-to-access-repeating-attributes</a> &nbsp;so you'll need to raise those issues with Roll20 devs first. Just wanted to mention here that this is indeed an issue on our end due to some refactors we did to the API.&nbsp; I have a fix in testing now and I can confirm that the shaped script's issues mentioned here will be resolved once it goes live.
Jeff L. said: Kryx said: Both issues are documented in Bitbucket: <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/issues/78/monster-import-from-statblock-not-working" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/issues/78/monster-import-from-statblock-not-working</a> <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/issues/77/monster-importer-not-importing-stats" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/issues/77/monster-importer-not-importing-stats</a> Both are likely caused by the sheetInfo issue or&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10209657/sendchat-api-crashing-when-trying-to-access-repeating-attributes" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10209657/sendchat-api-crashing-when-trying-to-access-repeating-attributes</a> &nbsp;so you'll need to raise those issues with Roll20 devs first. Just wanted to mention here that this is indeed an issue on our end due to some refactors we did to the API.&nbsp; I have a fix in testing now and I can confirm that the shaped script's issues mentioned here will be resolved once it goes live. Please and very much ty!!! TY Kryx and Lucian for all the work in this Sheet; it's the ONLY ONE I WILL EVER USE while on Roll20 ... abandoning this sheet, as a GM, is the equivalent to my abandoning Roll20 and cancelling my Subscription, which I would sadly have to recommend to others also.&nbsp; So a big TY to Oosh and Kryx for taking the time to look this all over. Having done the research, I can place fault directly to Roll20 with the systemic lack of adherence to uniform coding, which is as simple as "IF &gt; THAN". IF a spell has a Duration THAN make an attribute and place for it; IF a creature has a resistance THAN make an attribute and place for it; etc. Make them always exist, for all things, creatures and characters.&nbsp; Assign them one type of name with a universal naming system, and watch for typos as you code!&nbsp; Make those attributes arrays ($0 - $999999) for things that repeat.&nbsp; Make every part a series of attributes that can be grouped together and manipulated separately; precisely. You know ..... make it do all the Shaped Sheet does/ did. Rather than have your bow shoot arrows pooled from the ammo section, have those arrows have to make sense to three different things on your sheet in order to count down. Or not know that your warlock pact magic is not the same thing as extra spell slots. Or ignore Short Rest rechargeables. Or have global mods that are on things that don't make sense. Or have no ability to add macros at the end of any line items, because coding comes later in the sequence and you're trying to trick out the description/ content section into supporting the macros. Or have a mile long list of traits that aren't even color coded to try to find easier. Yes ... OGL has that nice Charactermancer ... I have to admit liking that .&nbsp; Of course, it will list things like Wildshape and Expertise several times unnecessarily, but that's no issue, right?&nbsp; Oh wait ... look how long that trait list is; .... right; ... well ...&nbsp; Or how it doesn't add spells accurately?&nbsp; Or use the correct Casting Stat on multiclass characters?&nbsp; Or tell you the correct Review Information when you level? Pardon my rant, but the fact that Roll20 broke my favorite sheet has me a bit miffed ... rant over ...
1626628256
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jeff L. said: Just wanted to mention here that this is indeed an issue on our end due to some refactors we did to the API.&nbsp; I have a fix in testing now and I can confirm that the shaped script's issues mentioned here will be resolved once it goes live. Thanks Jeff for looking into the issue and implementing a fix!
1626721797
JP
Pro
Glad to hear it Jeff, looking forward to the release.
1626733181
John P
KS Backer
Jeff L. said: Kryx said: Both issues are documented in Bitbucket: <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/issues/78/monster-import-from-statblock-not-working" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/issues/78/monster-import-from-statblock-not-working</a> <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/issues/77/monster-importer-not-importing-stats" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/issues/77/monster-importer-not-importing-stats</a> Both are likely caused by the sheetInfo issue or&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10209657/sendchat-api-crashing-when-trying-to-access-repeating-attributes" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10209657/sendchat-api-crashing-when-trying-to-access-repeating-attributes</a> &nbsp;so you'll need to raise those issues with Roll20 devs first. Just wanted to mention here that this is indeed an issue on our end due to some refactors we did to the API.&nbsp; I have a fix in testing now and I can confirm that the shaped script's issues mentioned here will be resolved once it goes live. Jeff - that’s AMAZING news! Thanks so much! John
1626809164
Jeff L.
Roll20 Team
Hey all, the fix should be out now.&nbsp; If you've been holding your API sandbox open, you can give it a restart to make sure you get the update.&nbsp; Thanks again for the reports!
1626817349
John P
KS Backer
Jeff L. said: Hey all, the fix should be out now.&nbsp; If you've been holding your API sandbox open, you can give it a restart to make sure you get the update.&nbsp; Thanks again for the reports! Thank you Jeff!!&nbsp; Seems to be stable so far with Shaped Companion v13.9.4 !
1626920731
Jeff L. said: Hey all, the fix should be out now.&nbsp; If you've been holding your API sandbox open, you can give it a restart to make sure you get the update.&nbsp; Thanks again for the reports! Great news @Jeff L and thanks so much for the fix! However, I am still seeing the same behavior with Shaped Sheet v19.3.0 and Companion Script v13.9.4 not importing or modifying data on sheets.&nbsp;I have tried resetting API sandbox, clearing cache, and trying a multiple browsers and computers. This is still happening in any of my game instances, all of which were working. Is there anything else that I should do to force this API update?&nbsp;
1626970826
JP
Pro
The "5eShapedScript 1625689336106 ERROR : ReferenceError: sheetInfo is not defined" error is no longer appearing.&nbsp; HP rolls just fine on token drop.&nbsp; Thanks for that.&nbsp; I also still am unable to add spells or monsters via the api commands !shaped-spells and !shaped-monsters.&nbsp; Both chat menus appear and report the spells or monsters are imported when selected, however it doesn't complete the import.&nbsp; For spells it creates a new spell entry (I can see the prepared bubble appear briefly as it does when adding a new spell manually) but it disappears immediately after and no spell is added.&nbsp; For monsters the character sheet is created with monster name but every other field is blank.&nbsp; There are no api errors returned.
1626975654
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Since there are no changes to the Shaped script that would impact this, it sounds like there are still issues with repeating fields via Roll20 API. I would wager that it isn't unique to this script. Maybe Jeff can take a look.
1627019158
Jeff L.
Roll20 Team
I do see that issue with the import commands also, and Kryx is likely correct that it's an issue with repeating sections. That one might be harder to track down, but I'll definitely take a look.&nbsp; In the meantime, the compendium drop handlers on the sheet appear to be working for spells (and at least most of the monsters from before some of the compendium's semi-recent releases which have a slightly different format--I haven't tested that too thoroughly), so you might make use of those for now. I'll update here if I find anything!
1627151038
Hi, I'm new at this. I'm having trouble getting the shaped sheet to work. I copied the HTML, CSS styling, and translation from the github. When I copy the HTML code, it all copies onto two lines, and the css styling all copies onto a single line. The sheet preview looks all messed up: What am I doing wrong? When I try to load Shaped Legacy it works fine.
1627228781
JP
Pro
Make sure legacy sanitation is checked. Does it still look like that when you load a sheet in the game? &nbsp;If you can see the sheet version in game, what is it?
1627376849
Legacy sanitation did the trick. The preview is still wrong, but it seems to be working in game now. Thanks!
1627420317
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There should be a big warning about relying on the preview (maybe it should be removed entirely). It is unreliable, and often doesn't work properly.
Weird Issue: Why is the script trying to backroll my sheet version?
1627522327

Edited 1627522383
JP
Pro
Mine did the same thing. One time running !shaped-update-character —all (or something like that, see my post earlier in the thread) fixed it but the second time that didn’t work. &nbsp;I ended up having to delete some add ons or modules that were causing the problem to resolve it I think. It was also strange that the script was creating these test character sheet duplicates that I had to delete.
1627533639
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The issue you see is that there is one character sheet that is not updated. Normally the script will create a sheet to find the latest version, but if that fails then it will find a version on the first sheet it finds and use that as the version to expect. So whatever character sheet it found is out of date. Update all should work. You can also manually look through each character sheet (which forces them to upgrade).
1628808128
I just wanna say thank you to all of you who helped. I had been using this sheet for years and when it broke, I was kinda heartbroken. So, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you &lt;3
1628866208
JP
Pro
@Jeff L. any progress on solving the monster and spell import functions?&nbsp; My players just leveled up and want to add spells.&nbsp; I also want to be able to use my custom monsters.&nbsp; thanks.
1629392024
Leon
Pro
Jeff L. said: Hey all, the fix should be out now.&nbsp; If you've been holding your API sandbox open, you can give it a restart to make sure you get the update.&nbsp; Thanks again for the reports! As JP said, these functions are still not working.
1630738891
John P
KS Backer
Is anybody else seeing an infinite loop error shutting down ALL of their APIs? It occurs only when I have Shaped Script loaded (v. 13.9.4). Things seem OK until I click any of my macro buttons. Then it kills the API completely, so I haven't been able to run games with the Shaped Script. Any ideas of how to debug this? "Loading character sheet data..." "Starting webworker script..." "Loading 1022 translation strings to worker..." "-=&gt; Roll20AM v2.15 &lt;=-&nbsp; [Wed Apr 05 2017 00:26:44 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)]" "&nbsp; &gt; Updating Schema to v2.02 &lt;" "&nbsp; &gt;Help handout updated&lt;" "-=&gt; GroupInitiative v0.9.28 &lt;=-&nbsp; [Thu Jan 11 2018 14:49:14 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)]" "-=&gt; TokenNameNumber v0.5.14 &lt;=-&nbsp; [Wed Jun 16 2021 00:39:50 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)]" "-- True Page Copy v1.0 -- [Mon Apr 03 2017 18:32:50 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)]" "-=&gt; TurnMarker v1.3.9 &lt;=-&nbsp; [Tue Jul 18 2017 20:10:57 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)]" "Radar v0.9 initialized." "RadarWIP Offset: 7148" "-=&gt; libTokenMarkers v0.1.1 &lt;=-&nbsp; [Wed Dec 30 2020 02:10:29 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)]" "&nbsp; &gt; Loaded 58 Token Markers." "5eShapedScript 1630738476667 WARN : Unrecognised entity type equipment" "5eShapedScript 1630738476864 INFO : -=&gt; ShapedScript v13.9.4 &lt;=-" Possible infinite loop detected, shutting down. "Loading character sheet data..." "Starting webworker script..." "Loading 1022 translation strings to worker..." "-=&gt; Roll20AM v2.15 &lt;=-&nbsp; [Wed Apr 05 2017 00:26:44 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)]" "&nbsp; &gt; Updating Schema to v2.02 &lt;" "&nbsp; &gt;Help handout updated&lt;" "-=&gt; GroupInitiative v0.9.28 &lt;=-&nbsp; [Thu Jan 11 2018 14:49:14 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)]" "-=&gt; TokenNameNumber v0.5.14 &lt;=-&nbsp; [Wed Jun 16 2021 00:39:50 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)]" "-- True Page Copy v1.0 -- [Mon Apr 03 2017 18:32:50 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)]" "-=&gt; TurnMarker v1.3.9 &lt;=-&nbsp; [Tue Jul 18 2017 20:10:57 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)]" "Radar v0.9 initialized." "RadarWIP Offset: 7148" "-=&gt; libTokenMarkers v0.1.1 &lt;=-&nbsp; [Wed Dec 30 2020 02:10:29 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)]" "&nbsp; &gt; Loaded 58 Token Markers." "5eShapedScript 1630738558478 WARN : Unrecognised entity type equipment" "5eShapedScript 1630738558729 INFO : -=&gt; ShapedScript v13.9.4 &lt;=-"
1631111089
JP
Pro
@John P - I'm not seeing this behavior. The script works except for the monster and spell importer for me.
John P said: Is anybody else seeing an infinite loop error shutting down ALL of their APIs? It occurs only when I have Shaped Script loaded (v. 13.9.4). Things seem OK until I click any of my macro buttons. Then it kills the API completely, so I haven't been able to run games with the Shaped Script. Any ideas of how to debug this? "Loading character sheet data..." "Starting webworker script..." "Loading 1022 translation strings to worker..." "-=&gt; Roll20AM v2.15 &lt;=-&nbsp; [Wed Apr 05 2017 00:26:44 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)]" "&nbsp; &gt; Updating Schema to v2.02 &lt;" "&nbsp; &gt;Help handout updated&lt;" "-=&gt; GroupInitiative v0.9.28 &lt;=-&nbsp; [Thu Jan 11 2018 14:49:14 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)]" "-=&gt; TokenNameNumber v0.5.14 &lt;=-&nbsp; [Wed Jun 16 2021 00:39:50 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)]" "-- True Page Copy v1.0 -- [Mon Apr 03 2017 18:32:50 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)]" "-=&gt; TurnMarker v1.3.9 &lt;=-&nbsp; [Tue Jul 18 2017 20:10:57 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)]" "Radar v0.9 initialized." "RadarWIP Offset: 7148" "-=&gt; libTokenMarkers v0.1.1 &lt;=-&nbsp; [Wed Dec 30 2020 02:10:29 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)]" "&nbsp; &gt; Loaded 58 Token Markers." "5eShapedScript 1630738476667 WARN : Unrecognised entity type equipment" "5eShapedScript 1630738476864 INFO : -=&gt; ShapedScript v13.9.4 &lt;=-" Possible infinite loop detected, shutting down. "Loading character sheet data..." "Starting webworker script..." "Loading 1022 translation strings to worker..." "-=&gt; Roll20AM v2.15 &lt;=-&nbsp; [Wed Apr 05 2017 00:26:44 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)]" "&nbsp; &gt; Updating Schema to v2.02 &lt;" "&nbsp; &gt;Help handout updated&lt;" "-=&gt; GroupInitiative v0.9.28 &lt;=-&nbsp; [Thu Jan 11 2018 14:49:14 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)]" "-=&gt; TokenNameNumber v0.5.14 &lt;=-&nbsp; [Wed Jun 16 2021 00:39:50 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)]" "-- True Page Copy v1.0 -- [Mon Apr 03 2017 18:32:50 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)]" "-=&gt; TurnMarker v1.3.9 &lt;=-&nbsp; [Tue Jul 18 2017 20:10:57 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)]" "Radar v0.9 initialized." "RadarWIP Offset: 7148" "-=&gt; libTokenMarkers v0.1.1 &lt;=-&nbsp; [Wed Dec 30 2020 02:10:29 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)]" "&nbsp; &gt; Loaded 58 Token Markers." "5eShapedScript 1630738558478 WARN : Unrecognised entity type equipment" "5eShapedScript 1630738558729 INFO : -=&gt; ShapedScript v13.9.4 &lt;=-" Assuming that you disabled the Shaped script while all others were enabled, what you may be seeing is a conflict where the Shaped Script is WAI, but another script is hijacking it's code by accident.&nbsp; It's easy for programmers to accidentally define a identical variable used by two different APIs and cause issues.&nbsp; Try enabling all, and disabling each other, one at a time, to see which other API is conflicting with Shaped.&nbsp; As of this moment, Shaped - though outdated because many releases have passed by without updating them to the new material (and even with that, is still the best sheet to use) - is working as it should.&nbsp; I'd start with the most recently added APIs when doing your checks.
1631487645
John P
KS Backer
Wolf Thunderspirit said: Assuming that you disabled the Shaped script while all others were enabled, what you may be seeing is a conflict where the Shaped Script is WAI, but another script is hijacking it's code by accident.&nbsp; It's easy for programmers to accidentally define a identical variable used by two different APIs and cause issues.&nbsp; Try enabling all, and disabling each other, one at a time, to see which other API is conflicting with Shaped.&nbsp; As of this moment, Shaped - though outdated because many releases have passed by without updating them to the new material (and even with that, is still the best sheet to use) - is working as it should.&nbsp; I'd start with the most recently added APIs when doing your checks. Dang. It's a pain in the ass, but I think you're right. Thanks for the good advice.
1631583302
John P
KS Backer
Well, I'm hosed. I turned off every one of my scripts except for 13.9.4 and it reports an infinite loop and kills the whole API sandbox.&nbsp; MAybe it's this "WARN : Unrecognized entity type equipment" thing? No idea what that means. detected currently running sandbox... restarting "Loading character sheet data..." "Starting webworker script..." "Loading 1022 translation strings to worker..." "5eShapedScript 1631582958952 WARN : Unrecognised entity type equipment" "5eShapedScript 1631582960318 INFO : -=&gt; ShapedScript v13.9.4 &lt;=-" Possible infinite loop detected, shutting down. "Loading character sheet data..." "Starting webworker script..." "Loading 1022 translation strings to worker..." "5eShapedScript 1631583050777 WARN : Unrecognised entity type equipment" "5eShapedScript 1631583052847 INFO : -=&gt; ShapedScript v13.9.4 &lt;=-"
1631603667
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
John P said: MAybe it's this "WARN : Unrecognized entity type equipment" thing? No idea what that means. It means your data is wrong. Search for "equipment" and remove that whole block. It is just a warning though and should not cause any issues I believe.
1632326910

Edited 1632326930
hey guys. I've installed the latest script version after everything broke a month or so ago, and updated the sheets. everything is now working as expected, so no more error messages, and all the correct start-up messages show. The scripts do everything as expected, e.g. to import character sheets, with one deciding problem.... they are just empty. outside of a creatures name, nothing will be imported despite the message "successfully imported" popping up. Any ideas what the problem might be would be appreciated.
1632362374
JP
Pro
Read through this thread for more info. The updates roll20 made broke the monster and spell importer. &nbsp;They still have not fixed the problem and we have had no word on whether they ever will.
Even prior to that Kryx stopped updating the sheets, and with good reason. Roll20 &amp; Wizards were in rapid fire release of content.&nbsp; Each byte of this new content had to be entered into the database at least once.&nbsp; For one person, that's a lot of work.&nbsp; I believe this was decided around Mordenkainens? Additionally, Roll20s standard sheet has never been uniform in it's perimeters.&nbsp; spell=1 is not a part of every spell, etc.&nbsp; So if the backbone of Roll20 isn't consistent, ya can't expect much from sheet authors who depend on it to be.&nbsp; On your point of note, some entries on the Roll20 sheet do not generate npc traits and actions (unless they fixed that bug).
1632608459
Hey all, Haven't played in a long time and after coming back I decided to use the shaped script, being something I'm semi-familiar with. Getting an error when I try to convert old sheets to an updated shared sheet and script, this is what shows up in the browsers console. Just opening the sheet brings up this, but the token icon and bio tab seem to be working. These show up as warnings Content Security Policy: Ignoring ‘x-frame-options’ because of ‘frame-ancestors’ directive. This page uses the non standard property “zoom”. Consider using calc() in the relevant property values, or using “transform” along with “transform-origin: 0 0”. Cookie “rack.session” will be soon rejected because it has the “SameSite” attribute set to “None” or an invalid value, without the “secure” attribute. To know more about the “SameSite“ attribute, read <a href="https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/Set-Cookie/SameSite" rel="nofollow">https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/Set-Cookie/SameSite</a> | Cookie “rack.session” has been rejected because it is already expired.| Layout was forced before the page was fully loaded. If stylesheets are not yet loaded this may cause a flash of unstyled content. and then this error happens: TypeError: e is null sheetsandboxworker.js :784:12 Vt/&lt;@<a href="https://app.roll20.net/js/d20/sheetsandboxworker.js?1632604165621" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/js/d20/sheetsandboxworker.js?1632604165621</a> line 752 &gt; eval:1:148761 Vt@<a href="https://app.roll20.net/js/d20/sheetsandboxworker.js?1632604165621" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/js/d20/sheetsandboxworker.js?1632604165621</a> line 752 &gt; eval:1:148939 process/&lt;@<a href="https://app.roll20.net/js/d20/sheetsandboxworker.js?1632604165621" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/js/d20/sheetsandboxworker.js?1632604165621</a> line 752 &gt; eval:1:157314 process@<a href="https://app.roll20.net/js/d20/sheetsandboxworker.js?1632604165621" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/js/d20/sheetsandboxworker.js?1632604165621</a> line 752 &gt; eval:1:157546 de/&lt;@<a href="https://app.roll20.net/js/d20/sheetsandboxworker.js?1632604165621" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/js/d20/sheetsandboxworker.js?1632604165621</a> line 752 &gt; eval:1:15324 _fullfillAttrReq@<a href="https://app.roll20.net/js/d20/sheetsandboxworker.js?1632604165621:727:31" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/js/d20/sheetsandboxworker.js?1632604165621:727:31</a> messageHandler@<a href="https://app.roll20.net/js/d20/sheetsandboxworker.js?1632604165621:762:22" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/js/d20/sheetsandboxworker.js?1632604165621:762:22</a> When I attempt to actually click on the "Character Sheet" tab this error pops up in the console and then the " Pocessing &nbsp; convertFromOGL While the sheet is processing do not close the sheet." message hangs and never goes away even after waiting 10-30 minutes. Error: Error: Promised response from onMessage listener went out of scope. Am I just out of luck trying to convert these old sheets or has anyone experieced and fixed this? Also I attempted to click the close button and go into the character sheet and it seems that it will just import basic things like name and core stats, no class, no proficies skill or otherwise, no equipment, no features/character abilities and other things.
1632636831

Edited 1632636871
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Those are browser errors that are not related to the script. The API has its own page where you can see any possible errors.
So I even posted the sheet on github and I am still getting the not using current sheet errors. "5eShapedScript 1633723109971 INFO : -=&gt; ShapedScript v13.9.4 &lt;=-" "5eShapedScript 1633723115758 INFO : Detected sheet version as : 4.21" "5eShapedScript 1633723115761 ERROR : The Shaped Script requires the Shaped sheet to be version 11.5.0 or higher. You're currently using version 4.21. Please install the latest Shaped sheet from github: <a href="https://github.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/5eShaped" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/5eShaped</a>"
1634057990

Edited 1634058861
JP
Pro
@Joshua J. this has been addressed several times earlier in the thread.&nbsp; Kryx said: "Update all should work. You can also manually look through each character sheet (which forces them to upgrade)." For me removing a Roll20 module or addon that used the old sheets solved the problem. On the broader monster importer issue: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10428496/is-it-just-me-or-the-pathfinder-companion-api-is-broken/?pageforid=10434523#post-10434523" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10428496/is-it-just-me-or-the-pathfinder-companion-api-is-broken/?pageforid=10434523#post-10434523</a> The pathfinder importer has similar problems but they seem to somehow be able to resolve them.&nbsp; Could be related.
Unless someone is willing to pick up where Kryx left off, I believe he's done more than enough for all of us when Roll20 broke the sheet he'd retired.&nbsp; I'm glad he did, as I never did like Roll 20s OGL character sheet, and converting back to it (which, according to the threads on it I still follow, is still in a state of constant development) from the Shaped sheet I've used in my games for years now would be an absolute nightmare. I wish there was a conversion API between these two sheets, but I feel - because of how inconsistent and oversimplified the OGL sheet is - that any conversion would output garbage either way (Shaped to OGL, or OGL to Shaped).&nbsp; It just wouldn't, and perhaps couldn't work.&nbsp; For that reason, I wish that Roll20 would adopt the Shaped model of unique charging of items, more organized framework, and consistent background structure and naming conventions.&nbsp; To do so would mean going through their vast library, step by step, converting everything they find inconsistent until its done.&nbsp; That kind of an overhaul would take years, so it's very unrealistic - and I'm only considering D&amp;D 5e, not Pathfinder and all the other systems they have available.&nbsp; Many people like working with what they have to offer; and technically, its not broken, so I can understand if they don't want to fix it.&nbsp; Its when you go Pro, start dealing with APIs, thats when you see how Shaped shines and OGL offers virtually nothing.&nbsp; Thats the gripe I have; why the people paying the subs end up constantly being forced to use the OGL backbone - devaluing the sub in the process.&nbsp; People could use the Shaped sheet without APIs and see the same performance as OGL (actually, still think Shaped wins here... lol).&nbsp; But with the sheet API, they actually see much more for their Pro subscription. JP said: @Joshua J. this has been addressed several times earlier in the thread.&nbsp; Kryx said: "Update all should work. You can also manually look through each character sheet (which forces them to upgrade)." For me removing a Roll20 module or addon that used the old sheets solved the problem. On the broader monster importer issue: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10428496/is-it-just-me-or-the-pathfinder-companion-api-is-broken/?pageforid=10434523#post-10434523" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10428496/is-it-just-me-or-the-pathfinder-companion-api-is-broken/?pageforid=10434523#post-10434523</a> The pathfinder importer has similar problems but they seem to somehow be able to resolve them.&nbsp; Could be related.
1635284204
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I voluntarily switched from Shaped to the&nbsp;D&amp;D 5th Edition by Roll20 Sheet. I freely acknowledge the power of the Shaped Sheet, and strongly prefer its approach to many aspects of the game, but it's often like trying to sell a gaming PC rig to your friend who just wants to browse the internet. Or selling Adobe Lightroom to someone who just wants to organize their family photo album. Power does not always equal accessibility. The average user (judging by the sample size of "the 5-6 people at my table") just wants simplicity and ease of use*. The Shaped Sheet has a few drawbacks as well (no charactermancer integration, far more attributes than the official sheet) that can cause people to choose the latter. *Again, the Shaped sheet can be easy to use, but requires a fairly adept person in the group to make it easy to use.