Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Deadlands / SWADE

It looks like a lot of entries in the bestiary for SWADE and Deadlands don't have a token associated with them (see attached), and instead just have a letter. When I tried to edit the character sheet it allowed me to put a token in, but then when I try to bring it on the map (I tried with "bone fiend") it's no longer associated to the character sheet. Is there a fix for this? TIA - M
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
It depends on how you're doing things. If you're dragging the token/sheet from YOUR journal, the updated token should be associated with it, as long as you did that set up correctly.  If you're dragging it from the compendium, that's not a bug, you can't, currently, update a compendium in that fashion. So, a couple of questions... 1. Where are you dragging from? 2. How are you setting up the new/updated token?
Thanks for getting back to me. I think I see what you're laying down.  What I was doing, to the best of my memory, was dragging the token from the compendium to the tabletop, then editing the character sheet that popped up. My guess from what you're saying is I should drag it to the tabletop, then edit the character that pops up in my journal, and also use that one for the game? I just did a quick test and that seemed to work. Is that the best practice? Thanks again, - M
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Mueller said: Thanks for getting back to me. I think I see what you're laying down.  What I was doing, to the best of my memory, was dragging the token from the compendium to the tabletop, then editing the character sheet that popped up. My guess from what you're saying is I should drag it to the tabletop, then edit the character that pops up in my journal, and also use that one for the game? I just did a quick test and that seemed to work. Is that the best practice? Thanks again, - M Yep, because the compendium can't be edited by users; perhaps if/when we get custom compendiums that process will change, but for now, you'd have to use the version in your journal.