Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Recursive Tables Whisper - Bug?

Hey Y'all. Working on an RT script/macro and having strange behavior from whisper. The goal is to let the player roll on the table and have the inline rolls expand. Further, I want to whisper the output to the GM as well as the player. Ideally, apply a template so it looks cleaner. Situation follows: I am using the latest version of the Aaron's RT script. syntax from usage page is:  !rt /w gm &{template:default}{{output =[[1t[An_RT_Test]]]}} Result: When I, gm, run the macro, I see the output in whisper as expected. However, when the player runs the macro, he sees the output in whisper, but I do not. We have tried from Macro directly, Macro bar, chat, and from Char Sheet (with me explicitly added to the sheet perms).  Has anyone seen this behavior before and is there a resolution/workaround?  Thanks!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Hmm.  That's not the behavior I'm seeing when testing the above: What other scripts are you using?  What are the contents of An_RT_Test like?

Edited 1625267392
Hoot
Pro
Thanks for checking Aaron. Yes, it is very strange. We have also tested behavior where player rolls and I see the whisper, but he does not. It also does not seem to like adding {{name = "Wild Magic"}} for a title in the template. (5e OGL sheet) the macro is:  !rt /w gm &{template:default} {{Table Return=[[1t[An_RT_Test]]]}} Below is my roll table: (i don't have a photo host, so details follow): Name: An_RT_Test Players can roll from table: Checked Table Items Roll with bold off [[1d12]] Roll with bold on ** [[1d12]] ** No Roll All are weighted at 1. There is no reason for bold on or bold off. I have it bolded as it makes it easier to find the rolls when we use the table. I just used it as a different test case when I was trying to figure it out.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
It makes sense that only the GM would see the output from /w gm since the "player" doing the whisper is the API.  There's actually an undocumented option to handle this: !rt [echo] /w gm &{template:default}{{output =[[1t[An_RT_Test]]]}} That will cause it to whisper messages whispered to the GM back the the initiating player.
The Aaron said: It makes sense that only the GM would see the output from /w gm since the "player" doing the whisper is the API.  There's actually an undocumented option to handle this: !rt [echo] /w gm &{template:default}{{output =[[1t[An_RT_Test]]]}} That will cause it to whisper messages whispered to the GM back the the initiating player. Awesome! i will put it now and commence testing and get back to you. Thanks!
GM and Player tested and approved. Thanks Aaron.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Sweet!