Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

ChatSetAttr arithmetic changes to attributes?

Sorry for the dumb question but is there a way to change an attribute arithmetically with this mod? I tried running the following: !setattr --sel --SWeaBall|+{{Count=[1d1]}} To increase the count of an attribute by one on the selected character but it didn't work. I tried substituting --SWeaBall| with --@{selected|SWeaBall} but still no luck. Also tried substituting {{Count=[1d1]}} with just 1 but no luck. The attribute isn't one used on the character sheet and is a new attribute for the soul reason of increasing the count every time a player successfully uses their skill Weather Balloon (basically I need the number to always increase by 1 every time I run the command).
NOTE: the attribute was added to the character sheet but has no use other than just referencing the value (so it's not on the Genesys sheet but is in the Attributes & Abilities section.
If you always intend to modify the value instead of just setting it, you can use either of these: !setattr --sel --mod --SWeaBall|1 !modattr --sel --SWeaBall|1
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
One thing to be aware of - inline rolls always use double brackets, like [[1d1]], not [1d1]. That said, Jarren's reply is the correct answer - I just wanted to comment on that for future attempts at inline rolls.
Thanks that worked!