Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking for 1 chill person to join an ongoing homebrew sci fi game

As the title implies, we're looking for someone who might be interested in being the 5th member of an established group that plays a heavily home-brewed version of Star Frontiers every Friday 9pm EST. The game follows a group of space fugitives as they make their own way through the frontier. Below are some questions you may have about the game and their respective answers. -Are the system and the modifications we've made to it well thought-out, leading to a balanced game play experience?     No -Is there an epic overreaching story with rich themes and intrigue?     No -Are combat encounters done on detailed maps using well-designed tokens?     No -Is the game fun?     Yes So far this group has had a variety of sci fi adventures, including but not limited to. Winning a pod race Robbing a train Hunting space dinosaurs Robbing a cyberpunk bank Exploring ancient ruins and derelict spacecraft There's still much more adventure to be had. So if you're a chill player who would like to get in on this chaos, post a reply below with your answers to the following questions -How long have you been playing RPGs and what games have you played? -How would you describe your playstyle? Are you more of an actor, an investigator, a min-maxer, or an instigator that likes to push the big red button? -What would you expect to see in a good RPG game? -What would you expect to see in a bad RPG game? -What is the answer to life, the universe, and everything?
I would like to say, as one of the four people already in this campaign. This campaign brings me the deepest laughs and just the most fun with all of its shenanigans. Personally hunting those massive dinos was one of my favorite moments of this campaign. As for the notes above, for the modifications a lot of them have happened purely out of the party doing stupid stuff and making it apart of the world mechanics. For the story, there is no specific plot line everyone is like lead on really yet, but there are a few things in the universe that we can chase and follow but I can promise you will NEVER be bored. As for the encounters and map they do look nice and well though out until our party somehow finds a way to add shenanigans cause stuff to be drawn onto the board last minute. Hope someone reads this and is interested in just a chill fun group and can just go with the flow.
Hey. This certainly sounds interesting and I'd be interested in giving it a try. How long have I been playing RPGs?  -I mean, I've only played TTRPGs for about 4 years now, entirely D&D 5e, but I've played all manner of RPG video games. It's not often that I get to dip into the sci-fi side of things and would love to give it a try. My Playstyle? -My playstyle varies wildly depending on the mood/situation. I try to make the absolute most of the abilities I have on hand and usually keep things by the book until things look desperate and need to be pushed beyond it. My acting is atrocious and my curiosity is usually kept to myself until I can see a moment to jump at it and dig up the reason. Min-maxing is only a crime if your character is boring.  Things I'd like to see in a good RPG -I like character development and the opportunity to really stick it to a deserving bad guy. I love homebrew and I love a willingness to tweak systems that are already in place because sure it might not be broken, but everything could use a little fix, until it does break in which case...well we can always patch that back together eventually.  Things I'd likely see in a bad RPG -Lack of explanation. A small, flimsy description/explanation for something is miles better than no explanation. Lack of cooperation between players (in a 'I refuse to play along with your bit' kind of way. Character conflict can be amazingly well done but the players need to cooperate and work off each other to really make it good). Honestly? Sudden Instant Death. Characters dying happens and sometimes its unavoidable, but if its unavoidable because it literally comes out of nowhere, no warning that was obvious or at the very least implied (of course jumping off a cliff can be deadly, it's a cliff), and there's absolutely zero percent chance to stop it usually doesn't sit well with me. For me this mostly applies to the player characters, NPCs are open season really.  The answer to everything? -There are many answers but none are satisfactory enough for me to accept as the true answer to life, universe, and everything. I don't ponder that query often because if it's an answer I'm meant to know, it'll find its way home.

Edited 1627666382
Hey! This sounds super fun! (Hit me up on Discord Jymerric#5434 if you're interested in having me) -How long have you been playing RPGs and what games have you played? I've been playing 5e D&D for the last 4+ years, with tons of one-shots mixed in. I've played a bit of Pathfinder as well. -How would you describe your playstyle? Are you more of an actor, an investigator, a min-maxer, or an instigator that likes to push the big red button? I feel I'm both an actor and a min-maxer. -What would you expect to see in a good RPG game? I would expect to see a group that gets along and is capable of having a good back and forth -What would you expect to see in a bad RPG game? A GM that doesnt allow players to think outside the box and have fun with their arsenal. -What is the answer to life, the universe, and everything? That trying to find the answer to this very question will chip away at the finite life you have to enjoy it. But sometimes funny stuff is cool.