Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Working version WildShape API?

So every time I use WildShape it basically breaks the character sheet. It does something to values of the main character sheet that makes it unable to be edited. For example, changing wisdom from a 16 to an 18, just changes the value to 18 when you hover over the field, but doesn't actually change the values on the sheet. Subsequently "wisdom_base" becomes bugged. The only workaround so far is making a duplicate of the main sheet and just letting it corrupt, making a new duplicate every time the druid changes their character sheet. Obviously there must be a better way, the guy working on the script is gone, anybody have an interest in getting the script working or have already figured out a way to get a working version?
The api has absolutely nothing to do with those blue numbers.  That is someone who dragged and dropped a bogus free/plus method of wildshaping into their sheet and tried to edit the item mods then deleted the item without unequipping it.  Make their sheet from scratch on your own, then add that sheet to D&D 5e - Wildshape API from the one click.  That api does not edit your characters sheet, as it doesn't need to unless you enable the ability to reduce wildshape currency if its in a repeating box.  It just duplicates your beast sheets and mods THOSE to have the druids stats.  Then it gives the duplicate to the player and you should hide that away in a folder.  It sounds like you tried to enable wildshape api on a sheet that had that really bad method of free to play wildshape on.   If you want to avoid that bug where fields stop updating and drag and drop stops functioning, develop the habit of only having 1 physical computer opening and editing a sheet at a time.  I purposely tell my players to close their sheets before I go in to fix anything and I've not had that drag and drop bug and corrupt sheet in months.  

Edited 1627637227
This response reads slightly agitated, not sure why but to clarify: The game has not started yet. All players have done is make their character sheet. I don't use any other wildshape tools, other than this API. I have used the WildShape (+WildHelpers) API to add the druid as a 'shapeshifter' and added one 'beast' NPC sheet to turn into. Once I use the feature of changing to the NPC as the druid (when nobody else is in the game) and back, the PC sheet completely corrupts and I have to make a duplicate and delete the API to get a working sheet once again. Just trying to find a way to make it work. :)
This is after moving to and from a freshly made NPC sheet, stats dragged from compendium, with a druid character made less than a week ago, no additional wildshape features added on to the sheet.  It is at the very least 'pulling' information from the PC sheet to the NPC sheet. My running theory is that it's constantly setting the values to 16 while the PC sheet has NPC sheets in the journal that it's tied to. Because once I disable the API and remove the NPC sheet the API has made, the sheet turns back to normal. So there is something that's keeping the sheet 'locked'. 
I doubt this is the same problem, but as it is to do with the Wildshape API I figure it is as good to put it in here as to make a new thread. I have been using the D&D 5E Wildshape API without problem for the last couple of weeks, today however it has stopped working, it actually stopped all the APIs working, but I think I have narrowed it down to this one.  i don't know if there has been an update done in the last few days or if something else has happened.  I deleted the script, and reloaded it from the drop down menu and it still comes up with an error message ReferenceError: WildMenu is not defined Now with no progamming knwoledge that means nothing to me, but I hope that it might help whoever is in charge of the script sort out what has gone wrong.  It is a brilliant script and was really missed in today's game.

Edited 1628720097
Angelo
API Scripter
Jip said: This is after moving to and from a freshly made NPC sheet, stats dragged from compendium, with a druid character made less than a week ago, no additional wildshape features added on to the sheet.  It is at the very least 'pulling' information from the PC sheet to the NPC sheet. My running theory is that it's constantly setting the values to 16 while the PC sheet has NPC sheets in the journal that it's tied to. Because once I disable the API and remove the NPC sheet the API has made, the sheet turns back to normal. So there is something that's keeping the sheet 'locked'.  hey Jip, i am the one that created the WildShape script, i don't support it anymore because i've moved my DMing to foundry and don't have a pro subscription here anymore so i can't test any changes at all, but i wanted to clarify something. I never modify anything on your character sheet, i only change things on the token and on copies of target Shapes (both PCs or NPCs); the "copyAttribute" messages that you see happens because when you shapeshift some attributes are always copied over from your shifter to your shape (just in case the shifter has different stats since last time it transformed into that shape), but the original sheet is never touched (at least as far as i can remember) Also, the only time the script does something is when you issue a wildshape command and/or you add a shifter/shape, there is no logic "running all the time" or locking things out EDIT: Looking at the code quickly, the one instance i see that might create a problem and override data on your original sheet is if your shifter is an NPC and it's also marked as "IsDruid" in the settings (by default this is always false). There is a quick fix for that in case that's your problem, you want to change line 1201 in WildShape.js from if (shifterSettings[WS_API.FIELDS.ISDRUID]) to   if (!isTargetDefault && shifterSettings[WS_API.FIELDS.ISDRUID])