Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder 1E Official Sheet, Buffs can't modify damage rolls

Hello! I am swapping my campaign from the Pathfinder Simple character sheet to the Official Roll20 sheet. One of things I was looking forward to was using the Buffs section to create things like Power Attack. So I don't need as many entries for weapons. I found a few ways of doing this, and the to hit modifiers seems to work correctly, but the damage modifications don't seem to work. I do see the lightning symbol next to damage to show that is is being modified, but it never actually shows up when you click to attack with the weapon?  Here is what I am using  -[[1+floor(@{bab}/4)]] to melee (To hit modification, works fine)  +[[3+[[floor(@{bab}/4)*3]]]] to melee damage (First damage mod I tried)  +[[(1+floor(@{bab}/4))*3]] to melee damage (Second Damage mod I tried) These are both targeted for two handed attacks And ideas on what I am doing wrong? Is there a better way to implement Power Attack? (I am a plus subscriber, so I can't use custom scripts) Also, the community sheet is pretty intimidating to my players, so we would prefer to use the official sheet if possible.  Thanks in advance for the help. 
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
This is what I use for the melee damage buff for 2 handed power attack. +[[3+[[floor(@{bab}/4)*3]]]] to melee damage I'm not sure how you are entering them in the buff, but I have them on separate lines.
Thanks for the reply, one of those options was actually from you on another post. However, even when applied just as you show, the damage is not modified. Here is an example, the second attack shown there has a minimum damage of 7, which should not be possible if power attack were being applied. The character's strength is 20, so a mod of 5, and a misc +1 for the plus 1 greataxe. The minimum damage on this roll(configured as is) with power attack should be 13, not 7. Where is the power attack damage:  

Edited 1630204378
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
You are looking for the damage increase in the wrong place.  You can tell damage overall is being altered due to the little lightning bolt by the damage label in the black header.  It won't be altered within the damage input field of the weapon.  One of my characters without and then with the buff enabled (bab 3): As you can see, the attack dropped by 1 and the damage increased by 3, just as it should.  There isn't a lightning bolt by attack, because that buff is affecting the melee bonus above the individual weapon listing, so it is affected before hitting this section.

Edited 1630237633
That image was just to show you how the weapon was setup,  look at the first image, how are we getting 7 damage as minimum on a 5 strength mod,  bab 5 character with a +1 weapon with power attack? I see the lightning bolt, but I don't actually see any change in damage.  Let me post another example:   The first image is with power attack on, you can see that the to hit has gone down, and the damage is 1d12+6, even with the lightning bolt The second is power attack off. You can see the to hit came back up, and  the lightning bolt is gone on damage, but it is still 1d12+6? It almost feels like a bug, but I am betting I am doing something wrong. (Btw, The last line item was me setting up a manual with power attack, and some other bonuses put in manually, I don't think it is relevant here, except that if auto power attack worked, it should be increased as well.) *****Edit: I just figured it out, It was because in the range section of the attack config, I put "Melee" since I was not sure what to put there. Once I removed that, it immediately showed the change in damage. I guess if anything is placed into that "Range" field it assumes it is a ranged weapon maybe? Oh well, it is working now.  Thanks for the help! 
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
James W. said: *****Edit: I just figured it out, It was because in the range section of the attack config, I put "Melee" since I was not sure what to put there. Once I removed that, it immediately showed the change in damage. I guess if anything is placed into that "Range" field it assumes it is a ranged weapon maybe? Oh well, it is working now.  Thanks for the help!  Yeah, that is an interesting quirk.  When in doubt, drag a fresh one in from the compendium and only edit what absolutely has to be edited to account for weapon traits (masterwork, enchanted, etc.).  I'll try to remember that, since I don't think I have run across that bit of behavior before or seen it mentioned here on the forums.
You can drag over weapons? Great Scott! I thought it was basically just NPCs and feats! Thanks for the tip
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
James W. said: You can drag over weapons? Great Scott! I thought it was basically just NPCs and feats! Thanks for the tip Yeah, just be aware that it will add another to your inventory also, so you would need to delete the new inventory entry to keep your carry weight correct.